The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

Oh man. To all those people saying Booth killed a defenceless animal with technology (A Bow, not even a gun), man has been doing what you said forever. Without spears we would've been hiding in trees. Intelligence is a humans strongest point and you want someone to not use their intelligence and call that a "fair fight?"

I really think this whole thread is getting out of hand.

For some reason people are getting animated over a guys sport/hobby. My point didn't concern the fact that he killed the bear, What I objected to was the photo being loaded up on his twitter site. A social web site. I found it boastful and disrespectful to the animal. It smacked of triumphalism. However that is my personal opinion.

That said, I do not want to see this influence how he is perceived on the ice as a Canuck and as far as I can see that is what looks like is going to happen. He should be judged on his performance on the ice and not his sporting pastimes.

Predators kill other predators all the time. Siberian tigers kill Russioan Black berars; bears will kill their own young in ordere to breed with a female. Grizzlies kill balck bears.

As for it being fair...it has never been fair. Man has a larger brain and has always taken advantage of that to kill. Running buffalo off cliffs, using spears or arrows, Using nets to catch fish...The good thing is, the more man has developed his ability to kill, the quicker and less painful it has been for the animal.

For some reason people are getting animated over a guys sport/hobby. My point didn't concern the fact that he killed the bear, What I objected to was the photo being loaded up on his twitter site. A social web site. I found it boastful and disrespectful to the animal. It smacked of triumphalism. However that is my personal opinion.

That said, I do not want to see this influence how he is perceived on the ice as a Canuck and as far as I can see that is what looks like is going to happen. He should be judged on his performance on the ice and not his sporting pastimes.

So you're posting on a message board because he loaded his picture up on twitter? So he can gloat about his kill on a social networking site and its wrong, but you can come on a public message board and disagree? What's next, will you complain to all of us about your sister having an abortion and how much you hate it? Grow up.

sorry but what is this?

Ya, but he is a tool for hunting bear.

END QUOTE

Stop being hypercritical and use your brain.....

Predators kill other predators all the time. Siberian tigers kill Russioan Black berars; bears will kill their own young in ordere to breed with a female. Grizzlies kill balck bears.

As for it being fair...it has never been fair. Man has a larger brain and has always taken advantage of that to kill. Running buffalo off cliffs, using spears or arrows, Using nets to catch fish...The good thing is, the more man has developed his ability to kill, the quicker and less painful it has been for the animal.

Taking pictures and showing pleasure at a successful hunt is not disrespectful or arrogant. Hunting drunk, taking shots from ridiculous distances, shooting game out of season, not using as much of the animal as possible, not tracking a wounded animal, those are all disrespectful and arrogant. A properly undertaken hunt with a clean kill and utilized animal is none of these.

As for the pro hunters and the anti hunters going at each other - that is certainly within the human psyche to become a reality. It took what, 3 days in New Orleans for armed gangs to rape, pillage and murder with water and food grew scarce? If the food producers were unable to deliver thei rgoods to the populace for whatever reason, I woudl give it 2-3 days before all the anti-kill anythign folks on here would be beating and killing their neighbours for food.

The disrespect for fellow humans is is the true arrogance of man. That they place themselves so much higher than the animals yet are capable of atrocities no otehr species would contemplate.

Well that is very 19th century of you... congrats on the pioneer spirit! I wish the world was that simple... Unfortunately for people who have to deal with you, it's the 21st century now...

facts:

1. We cannot get all the meat we think we need from wild sources, there isn't enough. If we try to do so we will extinguish almost all the species we can. Nobody thinks that is a good idea.

2. The meat we cultivate is almost just as bad: Take a cow as an examlpe: It takes a barrel of oil to raise one cow. Pumped full of anti-biotics, hormones, and steroids. Basically cows should eat grass. Grain, corn, or anything else gives them ulcers. So to keep them alive we feed them anti-biotics. They grow slowly cause they are sick, so we give them hormones and steroids to get them beefed up. Just as they are about to die, we slaughter them and eat the meat. rinse, repeat. ad infinitum.

3. The future is vegetarianism. Or maybe insects? Doesn't take a barrel of oil to breed 1000 pounds of insects. Just imagine insect burgers! Or the future is petri-dish meat.

4. Don't pretend that it is better now for the animal than before, total hogwash. pigs and cows regularly get down on their knees and cry and basically beg to not be killed when they are in line for the slaughter.

Educate yourself. It is actually quite interesting to do!

Well that is very 19th century of you... congrats on the pioneer spirit! I wish the world was that simple... Unfortunately for people who have to deal with you, it's the 21st century now...

facts:

1. We cannot get all the meat we think we need from wild sources, there isn't enough. If we try to do so we will extinguish almost all the species we can. Nobody thinks that is a good idea.

2. The meat we cultivate is almost just as bad: Take a cow as an examlpe: It takes a barrel of oil to raise one cow. Pumped full of anti-biotics, hormones, and steroids. Basically cows should eat grass. Grain, corn, or anything else gives them ulcers. So to keep them alive we feed them anti-biotics. They grow slowly cause they are sick, so we give them hormones and steroids to get them beefed up. Just as they are about to die, we slaughter them and eat the meat. rinse, repeat. ad infinitum.

3. The future is vegetarianism. Or maybe insects? Doesn't take a barrel of oil to breed 1000 pounds of insects. Just imagine insect burgers! Or the future is petri-dish meat.

4. Don't pretend that it is better now for the animal than before, total hogwash. pigs and cows regularly get down on their knees and cry and basically beg to not be killed when they are in line for the slaughter.

Educate yourself. It is actually quite interesting to do!

Archived