The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

I'm by no means an animal activist but this pic was pretty sad and disturbing

That's a beautiful creature that was killed for no reason at all. It was probably doing more good to the world than bad. Very sad to know that that's what some people do just for a bit of an adrenaline boost.

The bow hunting videos i have seen are equally pathetic. The 'hunter' hides up in a tree on a protected platform. Then plants garbage on the ground beneath him. Lets be honest - most hunters leave barely any risk to themselves so its not even a sport. Unless the hunter actually needs meat, fur, bone its not really hunting in my books. The only way i could be happy about this, is if they bbq the meat up. And use the fur at least - although they probably dont need those things anyhow. Modern day hunting is a joke.

OK, first of all - I'm not a hunter, but I notice a lot of people don't understand how it works, so, not to sound like a jerk or anything let me explain it to you.

First of all it is extremely regulated, its not just a bunch of people shooting anything that moves. The M and R survays specific zones: A, B, C, etc... They determine zone A can sustain 25 healthy moose, deer, bear, whatever. If zone A has 35 of said animal they issue 10 tags. Hunters purchase these tags, usually as groups and if ONE person in the group kills one that is that. They tag it and are done, the M and R then inspects it. If you are caught killing an in season animal without a tag the reprocussions are severe and you could lose your car, your house, and large fines, also jail time.

Bear is the only animal that can be baited. If you are caught baiting any other animal again you are severely punished.

Also, every hunter I know are the most respectful of nature, and the animals they get. They use all of it and don't waste any.

What's the differance between killing a deer and eating the meat, and buying beef from a store that was killed on a farm?

I don't get how its cruel or unethical, they don't torture the animal. One shot kill is what the goal is.

No less ethical than buying chicken, pork or beef from a store. Peaople need to get off their high horse. Unless they are vegan, then you have an argument based on your views.

totally shocked by all the negative comments in this thread. but i guess that's to be expected when most of you are big city kids...

what makes this bear any different than your last hamburger? or your nice chicken dinner? those were animals too...

I'm by no means an animal activist but this pic was pretty sad and disturbing

That's a beautiful creature that was killed for no reason at all. It was probably doing more good to the world than bad. Very sad to know that that's what some people do just for a bit of an adrenaline boost.

totally shocked by all the negative comments in this thread. but i guess that's to be expected when most of you are big city kids...

what makes this bear any different than your last hamburger? or your nice chicken dinner? those were animals too...

Thank you for saying what many of us were thinking, Hockeyville.

Booth should have unleashed the fury in the playoffs, instead of on a defenseless animal from behind the trigger of a shotgun. Much respect lost for Booth here.

OK, first of all - I'm not a hunter, but I notice a lot of people don't understand how it works, so, not to sound like a jerk or anything let me explain it to you.

First of all it is extremely regulated, its not just a bunch of people shooting anything that moves. The M and R survays specific zones: A, B, C, etc... They determine zone A can sustain 25 healthy moose, deer, bear, whatever. If zone A has 35 of said animal they issue 10 tags. Hunters purchase these tags, usually as groups and if ONE person in the group kills one that is that. They tag it and are done, the M and R then inspects it. If you are caught killing an in season animal without a tag the reprocussions are severe and you could lose your car, your house, and large fines, also jail time.

Bear is the only animal that can be baited. If you are caught baiting any other animal again you are severely punished.

You are never going to stop illegal anything. Just informing people who think huters are just shooting everything.

The REAL point of my story is that its population control. If you stop the huntin there would be a lot of moose, deer etc dying of starvation. Guess that's ethical though.

Archived