Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
768 replies to this topic

#601 Ryan17Kesler17

Ryan17Kesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

No he didn't, as he's older than 14.

Because only 14 year olds watch HIMYM. Am I right? Lol stop picking fights on the Internet, troll. My post was just in good natured fun. No need to get all aggressive.

#602 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

It wouldn't of been fun if you went out there and did all the things you did except kill an animal?

Sure it would have.. but it was hunting season and 90 percent of the meat we eat is wild game. Lean meat, no hormone injections, no steroids, no red dye in the meat... and it tastes fantastic. The ten percent of red dye meat we eat is from restaurant food, everything at home is wild game.

#603 billabong

billabong

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

speak of the devil...

http://www.theprovin...0287/story.html
Posted Image

#604 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Video of Booth shooting the bear, If it changes your opinion in any way or not.

@D_Booth7: You all know i shot a bear heres how http://t.co/1qIsSDGy you have every right not to watch just like i have the right to choose to hunt.

Edited by PlayStation, 12 May 2012 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#605 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,572 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Utterly disturbing and sad video

I rant about players on CDC but have never booed them at a game, even if they're playing poorly. Players are human and they make mistakes.

But I don't care if Booth scores 100 points next season. I'll still have no respect for him whatsoever. Just my feelings though. I don't expect for everyone to agree or disagree.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#606 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

That video was pretty cool.

Edited by Pavel Datsyuk, 12 May 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#607 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

To be fair I forgot to add what he said

@D_Booth7: You all know i shot a bear heres how http://t.co/1qIsSDGy you have every right not to watch just like i have the right to choose to hunt.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#608 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

if its any consolations he probably paid somewhere between 5,000-15,000 to the alberta government to take the bear cause hes not a domestic hunter.

This is something that has got my attention. Booth is paying to do this, for thousands of dollars.

For all who are trying to argue this is all about population control, that bears are a menace that need to die despite how truly tragic such an event is, this is kind of where your argument dies if Im not mistaken.

No one is paying Booth for providing a regrettable, yet necessary service that is beneficial towards nature. Its the other way around. It wouldnt make any sense for him to pay vast amounts of money to do something he thinks is wrong, yet necessary.

This sounds a lot more like something a person would do because they think its fun, and they have the cash. I dont think he cares in the slightest what happens to the bear once it is dead save maybe a keepsake. He just enjoys killing them.

#609 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

I bet 95% of the people complaining about Booth killing an innocent bear would have zero hesitation in regards to calling animal control if they found one in their neighbourhood who would likely put down the bear.

Sure, but they arent paying thousands of dollars to do it for amusement.

#610 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Booth is my hero screw the haters keep on killing for fun!
GO Canucks GO

#611 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Eh, people have hunted since they've been humans, not just for food. I don't see a problem with shooting it with an arrow, and since it didn't kill the bear right away, I also wouldn't have had a problem if the bear spotted him and deservingly mauled and clawed/bit him to pieces -- the latter would have been more entertaining.

Edited by zaibatsu, 12 May 2012 - 05:09 PM.

jDWeuKR.png

#612 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Utterly disturbing and sad video

I rant about players on CDC but have never booed them at a game, even if they're playing poorly. Players are human and they make mistakes.

But I don't care if Booth scores 100 points next season. I'll still have no respect for him whatsoever. Just my feelings though. I don't expect for everyone to agree or disagree.

Can you at least understand how people might think you are a hypocrite? You're in here saying how you have zero respect for Booth, yet you are also in the fast food thread saying how McDonalds is your favorite fast food place. Do you have zero respect for the guy/girl at the slaughterhouse who shoots the cow you enjoy between the eyes? Or the person who chops off the head of the chicken you eat in your chicken burger?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious.

Edited by pimpcurtly, 12 May 2012 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image

#613 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Sure, but they arent paying thousands of dollars to do it for amusement.

And you pay hundreds/hour for your "entertainment" and yet you don't hear us complaining...

#614 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

I have 2 problems with this
1) almost looks like the bear was baited with the garbage can(takes away the spirit of hunting)
2) he's a terrible shot...shoulda hit it in the head or neck...very little suffering that way.

#2 is just a preference thing maybe, cuz I prefer to rifle hunt. Snuffs the life out of something quicker...that bear probably spent 6-8 hours dying...unless they tracked it and finished it off with a rifle.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37, 12 May 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#615 S.Mouse!

S.Mouse!

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I have 2 problems with this
1) almost looks like the bear was baited with the garbage can(takes away the spirit of hunting)
2) he's a terrible shot...shoulda hit it in the head or neck...very little suffering that way.

#2 is just a preference thing maybe, cuz I prefer to rifle hunt. Snuffs the life out of something quicker...that bear probably spent 6-8 hours dying...unless they tracked it and finished it off with a rifle.

It looked like a good heart shot. He is obviously hunting this for a trophy, so avoided the head.
Posted Image

#616 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

It looked like a good heart shot. He is obviously hunting this for a trophy, so avoided the head.

Heart shots are brutal to execute on bears however because they go into "survival mode" almost like hibernating and slow their heartrate down therefor allowing to live longer...heartshots are ok with rifles on some stuff but doing it to a bear with an arrow??? That's pretty cruel

#617 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Can you at least understand how people might think you are a hypocrite? You're in here saying how you have zero respect for Booth, yet you are also in the fast food thread saying how McDonalds is your favorite fast food place. Do you have zero respect for the guy/girl at the slaughterhouse who shoots the cow you enjoy between the eyes? Or the person who chops off the head of the chicken you eat in your chicken burger?

I wish that cows in slaughterhouses were shot...they get electrocuted into a state of shock and then get a hydraulic piston driven from ear right through the head to it's other ear...it's really gross to watch actually.

#618 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,173 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

You are never going to stop illegal anything. Just informing people who think huters are just shooting everything.

The REAL point of my story is that its population control. If you stop the huntin there would be a lot of moose, deer etc dying of starvation. Guess that's ethical though.

LOL. I was reading the thread and it was getting pretty intense, but I had to stop here. This had me in stitches.

I don't agree with hunting unless it is with a knife in your hand or a bow on your back and you eat what you kill. That being said, Canucks.com isn't where I would choose to bring out my soapbox so I'll just play through.

#619 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

I wish that cows in slaughterhouses were shot...they get electrocuted into a state of shock and then get a hydraulic piston driven from ear right through the head to it's other ear...it's really gross to watch actually.

I know a guy who worked at one in Lethbridge 7 or so years ago and the cows just took one slug between the eyes. Protocol could have changed since then though.
Posted Image

#620 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

I know a guy who worked at one in Lethbridge 7 or so years ago and the cows just took one slug between the eyes. Protocol could have changed since then though.

You could be right on a smaller scale, and I know lots of ranchers in my area that hire butchers...they use that method. But a guy I work with, worked in a big industrial one and was showing us a homemade video one night....cows piss me off to no end but nothing deserves that kind of shock.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37, 12 May 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#621 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

And you pay hundreds/hour for your "entertainment" and yet you don't hear us complaining...

What entertainment? The hookers?

Im saying its a completely different justification for killing the animal and I dont see a real comparison there.

#622 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

You could be right on a smaller scale, and I know lots of ranchers in my area that hire butchers...they use that method. But a guy I work with, worked in a big industrial one and was showing us a homemade video one night....cows piss me off to no end but nothing deserves that kind of shock.

Glad I didn't have to see that video.
Posted Image

#623 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

What entertainment? The hookers?

Im saying its a completely different justification for killing the animal and I dont see a real comparison there.

Relax, I was just bustin yer chops...lol

#624 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,572 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

I can absolutely understand and, to be honest, I'm not even sure how to defend that.

The truth is that yes, I do eat foods that required an animal to be killed in order for me to eat it and no, I don't feel bad when I'm eating beef or chicken or whatever else. But there's something very real about seeing David Booth shoot and kill an animal that is perhaps lacking when I'm eating a burger because I didn't actually see the animal get killed.

Maybe the best way to defend my view would be to say that what Booth is doing is not for the purpose of nourishing himself. It's purely for entertainment. There are less destructive and harmful things that he could do if he was looking for an adrenaline rush. Bungee jumping, hiking, boating?? I don't know but I don't agree with killing animals for fun.

It's not a strong argument but I still can't help but judge him for being okay with doing that.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#625 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

^^^^^ Is there any proof anywhere that the meat of that bear is not sitting in a freezer somewhere?
Posted Image

#626 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

^^^^^ Is there any proof anywhere that the meat of that bear is not sitting in a freezer somewhere?

Yup, there is. I visited Dave or Davareeno as he likes me too call him...this afternoon and we along with 200 starving homeless people had bear roast sandwiches. No bear meat leftover to put in freezer. :)

#627 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,242 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yup, there is. I visited Dave or Davareeno as he likes me too call him...this afternoon and we along with 200 starving homeless people had bear roast sandwiches. No bear meat leftover to put in freezer. :)

Pics.

#628 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

Pics.

Oh um pics eh? Well you see the thing about that is all camera's were unable to work then...but it should be on the 11'o clock global news, Davareeno supports this.

#629 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

Relax, I was just bustin yer chops...lol

No problemo. I wasnt being all that serious myself.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 13 May 2012 - 05:48 AM.

#630 Hock-E-Dad

Hock-E-Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hunting for sustenance is honorable and necessary in many areas of the world. Trophy hunting is disgusting, and Booth is just another rich America gun nut who came to Canada to rape and pillage majestic wild animals in order to mount them on a wall, or turn them into a rug.

When Booth's shot hit that defenseless bear, it was the first on target shot he's taken all year...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.