The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

the only good that came out of this tweet was bieksas seemingly smartass reply asking if the bear had a crossbow too. hunting for sport makes no sense to me and i think less of anyone who does it. but i wouldnt expect anything more of a bible thumping yank like booth. clearly he doesnt love all of gods creatures! thou shalt not kill, buddy!

the only good that came out of this tweet was bieksas seemingly smartass reply asking if the bear had a crossbow too. hunting for sport makes no sense to me and i think less of anyone who does it. but i wouldnt expect anything more of a bible thumping yank like booth. clearly he doesnt love all of gods creatures! thou shalt not kill, buddy!

Your argument has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand, even though you and your high horse would claim otherwise. Whether or not human-kind has over-populated the world and mismanaged it's resources has nothing to do with the ethical issue of hunting and killing another animal.

He's taking some serious heat on twitter

Someone even started a fb campaign to get him traded

Booth better perform well next year. Between his extreme beliefs, lack of consistency on the ice, and his extra curricular interests I personally am finding him really hard to like

2008 and 2011. My point is not that it never happens. But that its unlikely that when a bear is killed its consumed(specially in present times). Its usually a mere trophy hunt. Im not sure why anyone would want to eat a bear anyway. Eating a predator animal seems strange to me. I wouldnt eat wolf, eagle, cat, dog, shark, snake or any other animals as such. For me i have a well defined food group of prey items. Pig, chicken, cow and i have tried ostrich and buffalo.

I look at it this way. If i was in the wild and can choose what to kill and eat it would most likely fall under the 'prey group rather than the 'predator group. And if you really feel the need to go after the group i choose to not feed on thats fine. Although personally its not for me. Anyway i still feel quite certain that bears are killed far more as trophies than food. Dont like trophy hunting unless youre on equal terms, or at least fair terms. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of getting a 'trophy. If its not earned.

Bears are not defenceless. They are 300-900lbs killing machines that were naturally equipped with claws and teeth, used to break bone and rip apart flesh. Human beings, on the other hand, have adapted to the natural world by using intellect and ingenuity.

Shooting a bear with a gun is no different than a bear killing an elk with the use of it's claws and teeth. Is the bear community up in arms because the poor, defenseless elk was ill-equipped to handle the fight?

Welcome to the natural world, kid. Only the strong survive.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

That bear could beat Booth in a fight. I he wants the bear, he should fight with what god gave him from birth.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

He was bow hunting, which is a bit more sporting.

Likely, it was a compound bow, so that is basically a gun in comparison to a long bow or a re-curve bow.

But really, for an American, choosing not to use a gun is a big deal.

I don't see what the bug whooplah is.

It's pretty easy to make a bunch of "noise" from behind your keyboard, but I bet not many people in here are actively fighting hunting laws.

I feel for Booth. He shouldn't be taking so much flak.

I got my meds thanks - they're called common sense - give it a try one day. Bears aren't hunted for food. I have never once EVER heard of a bear being hunted to be eaten. It's a predator and just like ourselves in nature, it's very rare that a predator actually feeds on a predator. This to me is a 'man vrs beast trophy scenario - although completely misguided by the addition of technology. Which completely tosses the true man vrs beast scenario out the window because it's not natural. And that's my point.

Archived