Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

• Please log in to reply
768 replies to this topic

#91 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

No offense, but you need to read a book on animals. We are a member of the Order Primates, the class Mammalia, the Phylum Chordata (with backbone), and the kingdom Animalia. So we are animals.

thank you for the class in semantics, but i know humans are technically animals. I think you know what i meant by that though.

edit: and by the way, the fact that we're so close to bears in the "kingdom Animalia", seems to me to be yet another reason not to kill a bear and boast about it on twitter.

Edited by La Mauviette75, 01 May 2012 - 06:37 PM.

Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#92 !

!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

I'm by no means an animal activist but this pic was pretty sad and disturbing

That's a beautiful creature that was killed for no reason at all. It was probably doing more good to the world than bad. Very sad to know that that's what some people do just for a bit of an adrenaline boost.

Disgusting indeed.

If swallowing a gold fish can get you jail time, then what can bear hunting get you?

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Hypocrisy is great

Posted Image

#93 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

People don't buy store-bought chicken for sport. Last I checked, its for food. Sure factory farmed meat has ethical implications (I don't buy the stuff) but, sorry, the comparison is weak.

You are right and sport hunting is wrong but how do we know if booth eats the bear? A lot of people love it he may as well. I would love to try it braised with wild mushrooms.

#94 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

thank you for the class in semantics, but i know humans are technically animals. I think you know what i meant by that though.

edit: and by the way, the fact that we're so close to bears in the "kingdom Animalia", seems to me to be yet another reason not to kill a bear and boast about it on twitter.

Now that is funny.
Posted Image

#95 UltimateEvin

UltimateEvin

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Dude that's sick! David Booth is a G

#96 hadoden345

hadoden345

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I cant believe they would actually do that!
I kinda lost some respect for david

#97 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

POPULAR

Love Bieksa's tweet:

"Kevin Bieksa@kbieksa3
impressive Dave! Did he have a crossbow also?"

nice one Juice.

#98 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,575 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Wow. How many high horses are in this thread?

#99 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

I don't get how its cruel or unethical, they don't torture the animal. One shot kill is what the goal is.

No less ethical than buying chicken, pork or beef from a store. Peaople need to get off their high horse. Unless they are vegan, then you have an argument based on your views.

Even then, they don't.

What about the leather couches, leather handbags, gloves, seats in their cars? The animal-made products they probably use on a regular basis? Not eating animals to help save them is the least effective way. Try refraining from other things as well and I won't say a thing.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#100 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

POPULAR

The bow hunting videos i have seen are equally pathetic. The 'hunter' hides up in a tree on a protected platform. Then plants garbage on the ground beneath him. Lets be honest - most hunters leave barely any risk to themselves so its not even a sport. Unless the hunter actually needs meat, fur, bone its not really hunting in my books. The only way i could be happy about this, is if they bbq the meat up. And use the fur at least - although they probably dont need those things anyhow. Modern day hunting is a joke.

Pretty ignorant statement considering that hunting with bait is illegal. Now maybe you should park your carcass high in a tree, standing on a hunting platform (these are not very big) and see if you are still consider yourself not at risk when a bear that size starts to shimmy up the tree to bite your @ss off....I bet the fall to the ground would hurt like hell too.
Stay in the city boy because you know nothing about hunting or the dangers associated with the sport....not to mention the physical endurance expended to take an animal and then get it out of the bush.
Hunting is just as much a sport as any other sport and until you have had to pull an 800 pound animal through a couple of miles of dense bush or had a grizzzly charge you when you are cleaning the animal and are covered in blood, you are not qualified to beak off. For your info, not all hunters are trophy hunters...most are ordinary guys and gals who just happen to enjoy a moose steak better than a Wendys hamburger.

#101 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

When hunting bears use your fists or you're not a man at all..."BALLS"

#102 CatataFish

CatataFish

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Everyone bitching about this really needs to take a step back and take stock of their lives... if your REALLY against this then you should really stop eating meat all together, because what is the difference between this.. and buy pre-packaged meat that was held in subpar conditions and tortured before being brutally murdered so you can eat. Seriously, don't try and act all high and mighty to everyone.

#103 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

POPULAR

As long as the animal is consumed I have no problem with it. Rifle, bow, slingshot... I don't care.

My dad, and uncles, and step dad, and many friends of mine hunt for food each year.

If you can get a limited entry ticket, then you're lucky.

Otherwise, you have only a couple days or weeks each year to get an animal, and most people only take one animal a year.

I think that the widespread culling that a lot of non-hunters imagine is quite a ways off base.

By the way, bear meat is very good, as is moose, deer, mountain sheep, elk, never had caribou but it's probably good.

As I said, if he ate it, and took it in season, then don't choke on your farm raised beef trying to be the first to take a stab at him.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#104 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

hummmm

need short term memory loss to kick in right about now -_-

#105 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

I'm by no means an animal activist but this pic was pretty sad and disturbing

That's a beautiful creature that was killed for no reason at all. It was probably doing more good to the world than bad. Very sad to know that that's what some people do just for a bit of an adrenaline boost.

same

#106 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Everyone bitching about this really needs to take a step back and take stock of their lives... if your REALLY against this then you should really stop eating meat all together, because what is the difference between this.. and buy pre-packaged meat that was held in subpar conditions and tortured before being brutally murdered so you can eat. Seriously, don't try and act all high and mighty to everyone.

ummm, no. The point is that this animal was NOT killed for food. He was killed for fun. Fun. Personally I will never comprehend the FUN in killing a living creature.

#107 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

POPULAR

ummm, no. The point is that this animal was NOT killed for food. He was killed for fun. Fun. Personally I will never comprehend the FUN in killing a living creature.

And no hunter would judge you for that or suggest the laws should be changed so you had to.

It's the righteous judgemental comments that are so annoying and off-base.

If you don't agree with hunting , don't hunt. How hard is that to understand?!!

If you don't like pictures of dead animals, don't open links to such pics.

LIve your life and let others live theirs. I'm sure David Booth wasn't seeking your approval for what he does. It's HIS Twitter account FFS. He owns it and it's his life. DON't like it...stay the hell away from it.

#108 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

POPULAR

Source?
All you people saying you've lost respect for Booth because of this....get a life.
Have a look on your plate tonight and know that piece of beef on there was probably smacked in the head with a sledge hammer a few times to kill it or took a 4" spinke from a nail gun in the head.
You people shouldn't judge him because NONE of you know whats going to become of this animal, maybe it all goes to a food shelter to feed the homeless.
Good on him that's a hell of a "Trophy"
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

View PostTheChosen1, on 03 February 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#109 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Posted Image

Here ya go guys
Posted Image

#110 Ryanstorm

Ryanstorm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thou Shall Not Kill. FAIL

Posted Image

#111 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Thou Shall Not Kill. FAIL

Pretty sure that doesn't extend to wild animals.
Posted Image

#112 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

i'm not a fan of killing intelligent and beautiful mammals.

You do know we basically do that everyday? Unless you're a vegetarian.

Posted Image

#113 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

wow, the idiocy being spewed in this thread is frightening. Yea, I get it, you like to kill. Psssst.. that doesn't make you a man. That makes you an absolute *****.

#114 Merci

Merci

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

This is what ppl do with their extra money?

Sad... Now fight the bear with a knife then i would call that sport.

Lol moron.

Watch food inc before you cry about a bear being HUMANELY shot.

???? ignorant kids in here.

Talk about North American ignorance. MILLIONS OF CHICKENS YOU EAT ARE KEPT IN 1by1 CAGES AND YOU CALL THESE HUNTERS PATHETIC LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I want to fight you honestly, this isn't a threat but when a dumb person thinks they're this smart man oh man.

Edited by Merci, 01 May 2012 - 07:48 PM.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#115 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

This is what ppl do with their extra money?

Sad... Now fight the bear with a knife then i would call that sport.

No, you're right ... He should buy some property downtown then log onto the internet to complain about the people who come downtown ... Much better use of money ...

Edited by n00bxQb, 01 May 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#116 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Pretty ignorant statement considering that hunting with bait is illegal. Now maybe you should park your carcass high in a tree, standing on a hunting platform (these are not very big) and see if you are still consider yourself not at risk when a bear that size starts to shimmy up the tree to bite your @ss off....I bet the fall to the ground would hurt like hell too.
Stay in the city boy because you know nothing about hunting or the dangers associated with the sport....not to mention the physical endurance expended to take an animal and then get it out of the bush.
Hunting is just as much a sport as any other sport and until you have had to pull an 800 pound animal through a couple of miles of dense bush or had a grizzzly charge you when you are cleaning the animal and are covered in blood, you are not qualified to beak off. For your info, not all hunters are trophy hunters...most are ordinary guys and gals who just happen to enjoy a moose steak better than a Wendys hamburger.

I actually lol'd. Yup those 'hunters got it tough up in that tree. So much so that i often hear of bears catching hunters and hunters falling out of trees. Another thing i have never seen a hunter go out alone. Its like theyre too scared to face a challenge. Will they have beer with them to celebrate an expectly easy victory over the bear? Are they going to have 'bear burgers and eat it?

So far anyone upporting hasnt made any strong points to me. Heres a senario where im cool with hunting a bear(besides one thats killing ppl). I decide i want to have some good ol fashion bear burgers. But since i dont really need them and its more for 'sport its only fair to challenge nature fairly. I would go out into the wild alone. With maybe some water, small rations and a hunting knife. I then build a shelter and carve out either a spear or a bow with arrows. Then i spend time hunting to the best of my abilities and only using what nature has provided me. If i kill a bear i eat it. Use the bones as a trophy(which would have far more meaning through this type of experience) and as well use the fur in my shelter.

To me that would not only be truely sporting, but as well hunting in the true meaning of the word. If i had happened to catch a small animal during my time in the wilderness, that would be fair use in 'baiting. To me this is the kind of true hunting experience. The rest is just exploiting our technology over nature like humans do.

Anyhow you wouldnt find me doing that because i dont need to. And im not interested in eating bear.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#117 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

never liked Booth .... nuff said.

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#118 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

You do know we basically do that everyday? Unless you're a vegetarian.

You don't think thousands/millions of rodents die each year in wheat threshers?

#119 Merci

Merci

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

I actually lol'd. Yup those 'hunters got it tough up in that tree. So much so that i often hear of bears catching hunters and hunters falling out of trees. Another thing i have never seen a hunter go out alone. Its like theyre too scared to face a challenge. Will they have beer with them to celebrate an expectly easy victory over the bear? Are they going to have 'bear burgers and eat it?

So far anyone upporting hasnt made any strong points to me. Heres a senario where im cool with hunting a bear(besides one thats killing ppl). I decide i want to have some good ol fashion bear burgers. But since i dont really need them and its more for 'sport its only fair to challenge nature fairly. I would go out into the wild alone. With maybe some water, small rations and a hunting knife. I then build a shelter and carve out either a spear or a bow with arrows. Then i spend time hunting to the best of my abilities and only using what nature has provided me. If i kill a bear i eat it. Use the bones as a trophy(which would have far more meaning through this type of experience) and as well use the fur in my shelter.

To me that would not only be truely sporting, but as well hunting in the true meaning of the word. If i had happened to catch a small animal during my time in the wilderness, that would be fair use in 'baiting. To me this is the kind of true hunting experience. The rest is just exploiting our technology over nature like humans do.

Anyhow you wouldnt find me doing that because i dont need to. And im not interested in eating bear.

Every piece of a meat you have ever eaten has come from an animal who's life has been tortured.

A bear dies randomly in the woods to a bullet.

you're a moron accept it

Your rag tag group of idiots can't pollute that fact

Edited by Merci, 01 May 2012 - 07:57 PM.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#120 Alf

Alf

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Would be nice if Dave had such a good shooting percentage on the ice too.

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.