The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Njd (Larsson)

Hi.

This is a proposal if Martin Brodeur retires this off season, which seems 50/50 right now, so here it goes.

To VAN: UFA rights to Parise & Adam Larsson

To NJD: Roberto Luongo, Jordan Schroeder, Yann Sauvé, VAN 2012 & 2013 2nd round picks

Reasons: If Brodeur retires, New Jersey will need another goaltender, and Luongo would give them 4-6 more elite years. Adam Larsson popped into my mind because he wasn't getting much playing time these playoffs. Our best forward and defensive prospects head the other way. And the big prize is Parise. If this deal were to happen I would hope he would call up his good friend (Ryan) Suter and say, "Come to VanCity, bud!"

Critique to make it better if not quite right, please.

Over payment. Jordan Schroeder and Yann Sauve are our future. Our prospects pool already suffered losing Cody, we don't need to lose more than that. And we're shipping Luongo along with them too? What if Parise doesnt want to sign here? And in addition to the great prospects we have, you want to give away two 2nd round picks? I thought we're supposed to get younger, shipping two of our young prospects with good potential wont help that.

No to this proposal.

Over payment. Jordan Schroeder and Yann Sauve are our future. Our prospects pool already suffered losing Cody, we don't need to lose more than that. And we're shipping Luongo along with them too? What if Parise doesnt want to sign here? And in addition to the great prospects we have, you want to give away two 2nd round picks? I thought we're supposed to get younger, shipping two of our young prospects with good potential wont help that.

No to this proposal.

I'm just drooling at the ownage of Kesler-Parise and Edler-Larsson

Instead of Schroeder, what about our 2012 & 2013 third rounders along with the rigts to Raymond?

I would still do your proposal.

You're mentioning 4 prospects as of now. Corrado, Friesen, and Jensen still need more years of development as we drafted them all in the previous draft (if my memory is correct). Sauve is more defensively ready than Connauton.

If any of our prospects is close to cracking the team, its Schroeder, and trading him will keep us waiting a bit longer

My gut tells me Larrson is going to be a playoff hero that upsets Philly.

As much as I want Parise and Larsson, I even made a proposal with juice for exactly yours.

Don't think we'll get that lucky.

I was saving the first round pick for a different set of trades. Calgary is 50/50 on rebuilding/reloading, so that 1st round pick I would like to use is to acquire a pure playmaker for Kesler and Booth. TANGUAY!

Sedin Sedin Parise

Tanguay Kesler Booth

^ Someone stop that.

Archived