343 replies to this topic

#241 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,287 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

i used MSMC almost exclusively for the last month and a half, but now it seems totally nerfed. is it just my imagination?

much prefer the mp7 these days

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#242 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

got my x42's yesterday, 5.1 audio helps a bit in fps but its not as a drastic improvement as some make it out to be.

p.s. if you ever come across me with my 870MCS then all i can say is "goodnight sweet prince".

Edited by мцт вяздк чф, 05 January 2013 - 05:12 AM.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#243 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

not sure if people saw this already but its the sickest single match record in BO2 mutli, this dude went 151-1 and the 1 death was pretty much a suicide, check it out...

#244 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

i used MSMC almost exclusively for the last month and a half, but now it seems totally nerfed. is it just my imagination?

much prefer the mp7 these days

I switched from the MP7 to the MSMC recently and have been beasting.

#245 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81,022 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

I think MP7 with suppressor is good for a little far distance and MSMC is good for rushing close up 1v1 battles.

307mg00.jpg

#246 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I find that I am able to shoot people better at a distance with the MSMC than I did with the MP7.

#247 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 81,022 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I find that I am able to shoot people better at a distance with the MSMC than I did with the MP7.

Well if you play Bonus it doesn't really matter since the maps are small, especially Nuketown!

307mg00.jpg

#248 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

nah, usually back and forth between TDM and Ground War.

#249 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

The Type-25 is beast. It's great for short to medium range and if you put a grip on it you can pick guys off from a pretty good distance.
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#250 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

sooo, i'm trying to play through the single player missions, and on the second mission, while carrying the guy, it keeps freezing, it's getting frustrating, apparently this is a issue for a number of consoles... how was this bug not worked out is beyond me... guess i'll wait for a new patch before trying to boot it up again. i gotta say, my first CoD experience is fairly lackluster, though what little I did get to play was enjoyable.

#251 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

sooo, i'm trying to play through the single player missions, and on the second mission, while carrying the guy, it keeps freezing, it's getting frustrating, apparently this is a issue for a number of consoles... how was this bug not worked out is beyond me... guess i'll wait for a new patch before trying to boot it up again. i gotta say, my first CoD experience is fairly lackluster, though what little I did get to play was enjoyable.

My campaign worked perfectly fine.

As for multiplayer i started using a gun called AN94 i think. It's the last assault rifle to unlock. Been doing pretty good with it. I like the range of an assault rifle but hateit for close range vs a submachine gun.
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#252 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Do you have a PS3 or an Xbox?
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#253 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

well i figured out how to avoid the freeze, just crouch behind the log instead of following my cover and crouching behind the rock. i haven't hit a freeze since. the game's pretty good, and a lot of fun. I also dabbled with the online for a bit, the first match was... ugh. but soon i got up to speed. the heavy class is my bread and butter, for sure.

Edit: the boat's my favorite multiplayer level of those that I've played, for sure.

Edited by avelanch, 08 January 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#254 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Do you have a PS3 or an Xbox?

wii U

#255 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

#256 Mufasa

Mufasa

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Lp
RIP - Rick Rypien
PSN - BthaKing

#257 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Downhill looks like a lot of fun, and mirage looks interesting themeatically

#258 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Some of the maps just look like semi ripoffs of some of their old maps.

#259 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

wii U

there's your problem
Posted Image

#260 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Peacekeeper sounds sick. Combination of smg/assault just what I need!
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#261 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

there's your problem

oh yeah, it sucks i don't have to play split screen when playing local multiplayer (or online multiplayer with a second local player), can play while my wife watches TV, and have what is widely regarded as the best version of the game. poor me. a single freeze bug in a single game that turns out to be easily avoidable sure does make it crap...

Edited by avelanch, 09 January 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#262 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

oh yeah, it sucks i don't have to play split screen when playing local multiplayer (or online multiplayer with a second local player), can play while my wife watches TV, and have what is widely regarded as the best version of the game. poor me. a single freeze bug in a single game that turns out to be easily avoidable sure does make it crap...

I kinda expected this comment... But seriously?

http://www.videogame...ndo_claims.html

"The Wii U version matches the look of the Xbox 360 game and thus gives it an edge visually over the PlayStation 3 release, but unfortunately it comes up well short in terms of performance," Digital Foundry claims, "an aspect that is all-important to the playability of a COD title."

http://www.eurogamer...-wii-u-face-off

The Wii U version matches the look of the Xbox 360 game and thus gives it an edge visually over the PlayStation 3 release, but unfortunately it comes up well short in terms of performance - an aspect that is all-important to the playability of a COD title. The frame-rate variance is such that the PS3 game feels generally smoother, while the 360 release feels like an entirely different game in the more demanding levels. Bearing in mind the commonalities in hardware design between Wii U and Xbox 360, we can't help but feel somewhat disappointed that Black Ops 2 under-performs so noticeably.

Sometimes I seriously think you're a distant cousin of Reggie or something.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#263 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I kinda expected this comment... But seriously?

http://www.videogame...ndo_claims.html

http://www.eurogamer...-wii-u-face-off

Sometimes I seriously think you're a distant cousin of Reggie or something.

Gabe@cwgabrielMon, 1/7/13
SHARE ON TWITTER
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
I’ve been playing a lot of Call of Duty recently, which isn’t strange. What’s strange is that I’ve been playing it on the Wii U. It used to be that if a multiplatform game came out, there was no question what system I was going to buy it for. The Xbox 360 was the obvious choice for a number of reasons but the biggest one was Xbox Live. For a single player game I still wanted to be connected to my friends list and for a multiplayer game, well that’s where all my friends are. Getting an invite while I was watching a movie or playing some other game to join my buddies in some CoD was great. My PS3 is a good Blu-Ray player but I don’t really use it for games except the occasional first party title. In fact I think the last thing I played on the PS3 might have been Heavy Rain. The original Wii was the same way. I figured any multi platform game is gonna look like crap on the Wii and the online experience was a joke. I kept it plugged in for Zelda and Mario games but that’s about it. So the fact that I’m not only play CoD on my Wii U but ???? LOVING it is pretty bizzare.

So what is it about the Wii U version that makes up for losing access to Xbox Live? For me it’s the gamepad functionality. At any time you can tap a button on the Wii U gamepad and shift the video from your TV down to the handheld screen. For a gaming dad this feature is a blessing. You people without kids might be surprised to learn that when you have children you need to alter your gaming routines. First of all the TV simply isn’t always available. Much of the time it’s showing the same Curious George episode for the millionth time or being used to re-watch the entire Lego Ninjago series from start to finnish. The ability to start up and play CoD on the gamepad without ever having to use the TV once is incredible. Normally I’d wait until the kids were in bed to play a game like CoD but now I can sit there on the couch with my kids and play an M rated game without them even noticing. More importantly I’m not playing some bull mobile version of CoD, I’m playing the real game and earning real XP! When they leave or go to bed I can tap a button and send the video back up to the TV and keep playing.

Even once the kids are asleep it continues to be an awesome feature. Let’s say your wife wants to watch that bike messenger movie starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. She says it’s because she really likes bicycles but you know she’s had a crush on that dude since he was Dougie on Family Ties, and that’s fine. She can watch her movie on the TV while you lay on the couch next to her and play Call of Duty! I’m telling you husbands and fathers out there, this is the mother ???? killer app! Tycho and I tested out the multiplayer last night and when he joined the party he couldn’t believe my level. I was already level 30 and I’d only picked up the game a few days ago. I told him it’s all because of the gamepad. It’s so easy to snatch it up when it’s just sitting there next to couch on it’s charging cradle. Half time during the Seahawks game? Kids are watching Brave? Wife is watching NCIS? Yeah I can get a couple rounds in. You don’t even have to leave the room!

If you’re not a single guy who can sit around his apartment all day in his underwear eating chips and playing CoD I’m telling you, the Wii U version is a gift from God. In fact it’s so good that I will probably buy every multiplatform game for the Wii U from now on as long as it has this functionality.

-Gabe out

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/01/07/wii-u-cod?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pa-mainsite+%28Penny+Arcade%29

#264 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

While I do agree that the ablitly to play the game on your gamepad is pretty cool, it still doesn't justify the fact that there's a pretty big difference in perfomances between the platforms. The Wii U should no be lagging behind the 360, a console that came out seven years ago.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#265 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

i haven't noticed any lag, online or otherwise.

#266 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,763 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

i haven't noticed any lag, online or otherwise.

He was referring to the fact that the XBOX came out 7 years ago; while the Wii U came out this year.

Thus based on performance alone - the Wii U should be superior as they have had 7 years to improve on the quality of the game console.
Posted Image

#267 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

grind map looks half assed, but the other stuff in that DLC look good.

#268 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

He was referring to the fact that the XBOX came out 7 years ago; while the Wii U came out this year.

Thus based on performance alone - the Wii U should be superior as they have had 7 years to improve on the quality of the game console.

it's the dev, not the hardware.

#269 JE14

JE14

Entitled Anarchist Goat King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Got banned for absolutely no reason. Thinking about selling this game now.

st3sHOQ.png

CDCFL Bruins |  RGMG Canadiens

#270 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Got banned for absolutely no reason. Thinking about selling this game now.

be honest, what did you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.