Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Dissappointed In The Fans Like Never Before

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

The way everyone has attacked Booth, I honestly can see why people hate the Canucks.

You are all as bitter and hateful as people who call out the Sedins, Burrows, and Lapierre for being divers.

Ignorant, stupid, and judgmental over tweets meant to bring joy and morale in a group who is down as they can be.

For shame. For shame you attack the joy and light those who attempt to brighten the world with. Makes a Bruin joke and he gets nothing but called a monster for hunting animals for sport.

You are the weakness in the world that cheers for men far greater than you will ever hope to be.

Edit: K close it I'll have my showdown with Ed another time.

Edited by Merci, 01 May 2012 - 11:49 PM.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#2 questforthecup

questforthecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

The irony is that Booth wasn't even a part of the team during the finals last year.

And to those who condemn Booth for hunting, do your research before crapping on someone. It's not only legal, but also more humane than some of the farming that goes on

#3 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Get used to it! Social media gives everyone a voice to complain about every little thing that bugs them....kinda like what you are doing now. ;)
Posted Image

#4 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,598 posts

I don't remember people attacking Booth?

I saw comments about how it's bad to kill animals but I think most were overreacting, and with little knowledge of hunting and the rules and regulations involved.

That's about it, you shouldn't accuse people of things that didn't happen.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 01 May 2012 - 10:49 PM.

zackass.png

#5 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Plus a million!!! Society is soft, a large number of people in my family are hunters/fishers and they are kind law abiding citizens with good morals. If u think hunting is wrong then better put up a big protest during the Fraser river salmon run. Cause fishing is just as "sick". Society is soft

Edited by frazzY, 01 May 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#6 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

I don't remember people attacking Booth?

I saw comments about how it's bad to kill animals but I think most were overreacting, and with little knowledge of hunting.

That's about it, you shouldn't accuse people of things that didn't happen.

Lol read the thread, it's nothing but hate.

I know Booth wasn't in the finals, who cares he's on the team embracing the Canucks.

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#7 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Funny thing is, people eat fast food every day. I don't think they realize how the animals are treated throughout their short and miserable lives before arriving in the form of that burger or fried chicken. Animal farming is a thousand times worse than hunting which is completely legal.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#8 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted Image

#9 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Maybe I take this so personally because I've been a secular humanist since I was 13.

Booth is as Christian as can be and is one of the few religious people I know keeps it to himself in terms of preaching.

I am enraged so many little kids are hating on this guy and I just can't help it.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,598 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

Lol read the thread, it's nothing but hate.

I know Booth wasn't in the finals, who cares he's on the team embracing the Canucks.

Well I did, and u said he has been attack and he hasn't, people just disagree with the point of hunting.

and anyone getting mad over the tweets needs to lighten up, I loved it, if the Bruins are unhappy with it that's kind of understandable.

But I don't think any Canucks fans attacked him, your probably just reading tweets in response from Bruins fans.

zackass.png

#11 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Funny thing is, people eat fast food every day. I don't think they realize how the animals are treated throughout their short and miserable lives before arriving in the form of that burger or fried chicken. Animal farming is a thousand times worse than hunting which is completely legal.

wow logic, was it that hard cdc.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#12 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Was it really necessary to start a new thread on Booth hunting

Can this thread be merge ?
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#13 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Well I did, and u said he has been attack and he hasn't, people just disagree with the point of hunting.

and anyone getting mad over the tweets needs to lighten up, I loved it, if the Bruins are unhappy with it that's kind of understandable.

But I don't think any Canucks fans attacked him, your probably just reading tweets in response from Bruins fans.

I think OP is also talking about Booth's tweets after our elimination - CDC went a bit crazy that night.

#14 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Was it really necessary to start a new thread on Booth hunting

Can this thread be merge ?

Yes it was, so all those punks could read it and know what they're doing.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#15 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

#16 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,598 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

I think OP is also talking about Booth's tweets after our elimination - CDC went a bit crazy that night.

Oh I didn't see them, yeah CDC did go crazy but I think he is talking about the tweets about his hunting trip, saying how he is going "Bruins Hunting" and that he killed a "Chara sized bear".

zackass.png

#17 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

Some more words of wisdom by none other than 'merci'.

Man why can't I add more hilarious quotes to my signature.

There's simply not enough room for them all.

Edited by Special Ed, 01 May 2012 - 11:08 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#18 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Some more words of wisdom by none other than 'merci'.

Do you even understand what you're implying by saying such things.

Like I get it you care about animals and clearly will speak your voice when you see something like hunting, I agree I don't like it either.

But to derail the thread in a headhunt for Booth, you live in an industrialized society and the horrors that happen behind curtains daily trivializes what is pretty much a positive event in what Booth did.

How do you possibly get off saying what you do.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#19 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Wait.... what happened with Booth? This is the first I've heard of anything of this sort....

#20 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

Wow ! I'm just a 3 months newbie on CDC and is this what the summers looks like on CDC ????
Should be a fun summer reading some of those threads

But I think I'll find something else to do than reading some of those redundant threads, like: camping, swimming, canoeing, hiking, golfing, enjoying the sun if it ever comes out, and have few beers now & then. :bigblush:

Edited by HorseGem2007, 01 May 2012 - 11:17 PM.

" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#21 PENGUINScanFLY

PENGUINScanFLY

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

Merci, don't be so self-righteous.. Do you think you speak on behalf of all good and decent fans in Vancouver? You don't, and there's nothing wrong with people expressing their opinions regarding Booth.
In fact, by tweeting what he does, isn't this what he is after? He could send this picture to his friends, but no, he posts it for the world to see.

#22 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Wait.... what happened with Booth? This is the first I've heard of anything of this sort....

He killed a bear (hunting) and tweeted about it with a pic. He also tweeted after elimination which didnt sit well with many on CDC.

The last bit - I meant... what he tweeted didnt sit well, not the fact that he tweeted, just to be clear.

Edited by Edler0023, 01 May 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#23 stanleycanucks

stanleycanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

This thread should be in the already existing Booth Bruin thread. IBTL.

Anyhow OP, you're complaining about perceived complaints you are feeling that posters on this forum are making about Booth and his recent hunting escapade. Two negatives don't make a positive and your sensitivity doesn't help either.

Secondly, Booth is welcome to his opinions - he tweets them, that's for sure. You're welcome to your opinions. So are the others on this board. Just because some of the posters aren't impressed with Booth for his recent tweets doesn't mean they're right. Doesn't mean you're right, either.

This is a democracy where freedom of speech is accepted and tolerated. You are going to have to either accept it, or you can keep complaining.

Edited by stanleycanucks, 01 May 2012 - 11:22 PM.

"It's the best TEAM that wins the Cup. The best teams have the best leaders. The best leaders have the support and respect of the best teammates. And it's the best coaches that guide and inspire them all." - StanleyCanucks

#24 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Merci, don't be so self-righteous.. Do you think you speak on behalf of all good and decent fans in Vancouver? You don't, and there's nothing wrong with people expressing their opinions regarding Booth.
In fact, by tweeting what he does, isn't this what he is after? He could send this picture to his friends, but no, he posts it for the world to see.

I never said I wasn't self righetous.

I am honestly just astounded at he hate and ignorance people exude. TO A POSITIVE EVENT.

Like genuinely as a person I am just shocked this board has so many complete douchebags

vPTJpcO.jpg

#25 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

lol I love e-cards.

#26 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion Op

It's a little thing we call the world we live in

#getoffyoursoapbox

#27 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

I never said I wasn't self righetous.

I am honestly just astounded at he hate and ignorance people exude. TO A POSITIVE EVENT.

Like genuinely as a person I am just shocked this board has so many complete douchebags

Ok there dumdum.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#28 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

so now we need to have another thread about it?
Posted Image

#29 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

You don't even try to respond to any points but one's you can skew Ed.

I blatantly ask how can you demonize an event that is so positive in perspective of the rest of the world and you just bash me more.

I don't hate you but as a human being to another human being I want to understand how you come to your conclusions.

No more cheap shots.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#30 Canuck_Whisperer

Canuck_Whisperer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Maybe I take this so personally because I've been a secular humanist since I was 13.

Booth is as Christian as can be and is one of the few religious people I know keeps it to himself in terms of preaching.

I am enraged so many little kids are hating on this guy and I just can't help it.

I don't see any knocks towards Booth, in fact personally I think he has lots to offer. Secondly, if they are knocking him, It's probably not for his choice of religion.
The autographed flag has been put away ... but it will be back! Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.