The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dissappointed In The Fans Like Never Before

Merci

He killed a bear (hunting) and tweeted about it with a pic. He also tweeted after elimination which didnt sit well with many on CDC.

The last bit - I meant... what he tweeted didnt sit well, not the fact that he tweeted, just to be clear.

The irony is that Booth wasn't even a part of the team during the finals last year.

And to those who condemn Booth for hunting, do your research before crapping on someone. It's not only legal, but also more humane than some of the farming that goes on

Uh, you're on a discussion board, on a teams website. The whole concept is to voice your opinion. Now you're bashing people for voicing an opinion? Would you like us to all be mindless drones? It would be a pretty boring place if that was to happen.

If he's hunting for food, I have no problem with it. I despise trophy hunting. If a hockey player had a drug problem are fans supposed to just be ok with it, or is it wrong to say that the player should get some help?

If you don't like CDC because people state their opinions then leave. People were bashing the Sedins in the playoffs for years, and they were one of the few players that showed up in the LA series, so why can't people be critical of Booth?

Gillis is the one that has to have a serious look at the club and see what needs to be done. I'm pretty sure if the Canucks struggle next season both AV's and Gillis' job will be on the line.

Returning anger for anger doesn't get any one anywhere nor does it prove anything!

Millions of people hunt every year, i am sorry but hunting has nothing to do with hockey, Booth seems to be a tremendous person, aswell as a gifted athelete. He is a very valuable member of the Canucks organisation and we are very lucky to have him.

I am not disapointed in the fans, but I am disapointed in their actions, I hope that those of you who have children will consider the reprocusions of your actions especialy in front of your children, remember we are also roll models and have a huge responsabilty to our kids to show them how to be good people!

Wow ! I'm just a 3 months newbie on CDC and is this what the summers looks like on CDC ????

Should be a fun summer reading some of those threads

But I think I'll find something else to do than reading some of those redundant threads, like: camping, swimming, canoeing, hiking, golfing, enjoying the sun if it ever comes out, and have few beers now & then. :bigblush:

The way everyone has attacked Booth, I honestly can see why people hate the Canucks.

You are all as bitter and hateful as people who call out the Sedins, Burrows, and Lapierre for being divers.

Ignorant, stupid, and judgmental over tweets meant to bring joy and morale in a group who is down as they can be.

For shame. For shame you attack the joy and light those who attempt to brighten the world with. Makes a Bruin joke and he gets nothing but called a monster for hunting animals for sport.

You are the weakness in the world that cheers for men far greater than you will ever hope to be.

Edit: K close it I'll have my showdown with Ed another time.

Couldn't this have been posted in the thread that already exists about Booth's bear hunt? Anyways like I said Booth can hunt all the bears he wants...I wouldn't do it though. Whats stupid is to take a pic and post on Twitter like its a big accomplishment to kill an animal using human technology...this is not something to be celebrated in my opinion.

Funny thing is, people eat fast food every day. I don't think they realize how the animals are treated throughout their short and miserable lives before arriving in the form of that burger or fried chicken. Animal farming is a thousand times worse than hunting which is completely legal.

The way everyone has attacked Booth, I honestly can see why people hate the Canucks.

You are all as bitter and hateful as people who call out the Sedins, Burrows, and Lapierre for being divers.

Ignorant, stupid, and judgmental over tweets meant to bring joy and morale in a group who is down as they can be.

For shame. For shame you attack the joy and light those who attempt to brighten the world with. Makes a Bruin joke and he gets nothing but called a monster for hunting animals for sport.

You are the weakness in the world that cheers for men far greater than you will ever hope to be.

Edit: K close it I'll have my showdown with Ed another time.

Funny thing is I haven't eaten fast food for the past 5 years and I haven't bought non organic meat in just as long. I know exactly how the animals are treated in mass produced farms which is exactly why I only buy organic free ranged. Even still I can't believe I've just read people on this forum trying to say a majestic animal like the bear is the same as a fish or a some domesticated animal; You can't domesticate a bear. It's not a god damn chicken or cow its a freaking bear.

If you want to use something like twitter to brag about how you killed a giant black bear then you'd better expect some negativity, especially if you make a reference like Booth did.

People feel strongly about hunting -- they have a right to voice those thoughts if he wants to flaunt his hunting prowess. He's a big boy, i am sure he can take it, he doesn't need your protection. He can kill a bear with his own hands after all !

I agree with the OP in regards to the judgement that some people have given to D.B. mostly from ignorant people.

It's really too bad that closed minds don't come with closed mouths.

I have a beer after work at night, are you going to judge me as an alcoholic because you don't drink?

I have alot of tattoos, you going to judge me as a thug or a gangster because you don't agree with them?

None of you know whats going to happen to that animal.

Don't judge, unless you want to be judged yourself, just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you shouldn't keep it to yourself. I guess thats the great thing about the internet, it gives people the opportunity to be ignorant behind an anonymous voice.

Archived