Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Dissappointed In The Fans Like Never Before

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 canuck2379

canuck2379

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

As someone who moved to Canada from a culture where hunting is all but non-existent, I really struggle with how accepted hunting is in Canada. That said, it is a big part of Canadian culture, and while I will never participate in any type of hunting, I'm not going to condemn someone else for doing it. Tweeting the photo probably wasn't the best decision, but honestly I thought the tweets were quite funny!

#62 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

What saddens me is that Canucks fans have nothing better to do than attack their own player. It would be bad enough if it was a player on a different team they were attacking but it's their very own damn player.

For the most part I feel the level of hate around the NHL for the Canucks and their fans is unjustified, but lately I have been able to be a bit less defensive about it and actually perceive the reasons why we get all the hate. It's abundantly clear that most of us - notice I'm including myself in this to a degree - have such a stinky attitude.

Edited by NuxFan09, 02 May 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#63 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Not that I have a huge problem with it, but for the record, I've heard Booth mention Jesus on a couple occasions.

Now I don't care that he did, but at the same time I was a bit weird-ed out by it. Here's why...

...What if a players religion had satan as their savior. Would cbc and sportsnet allow players to mention it? Or are Jesus and Allah the only guys you can talk about in sports?

Again, no problem with it, but I don't think it needs to be mentioned, since it doesn't concern other people what you believe in or not.

Anyways, whether Booth believes in Jesus, Jedi's or hunts Rhino... I still think he's a great hockey player.

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#64 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

In regards to Canucks fans getting the "bad fans" stamp...

...Sa'll media driven crap.

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#65 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

Good job op! Way to keep it going! With enough effort Booth can become the next 'Luongo'

Capture24.jpg

Capture23.jpg

#66 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,087 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Posted Image

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.