The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistically Do You Think Canucks Will Sign Weber Etc

Patrick Jane

I think we'd have to revamp our team a little to become attractive as a destination for him.

I really don't see us picking him up. Nashville is showing that they are trying to get him some help, and he doesn't deserve the bi-polar fans here. One bad shift and they'd be asking for him to be benched or traded.

Realistically, it's not Gillis' style to make blockbuster trades or sign big contract FAs (other than Luongo's fat contract)

Particularly since we are so close to the cap ceiling, Gillis would have to give up a lot to get Weber and I don't think he will

I sincerely hope he does go after him because we all know what we have been missing on D, but realistically? no, I don't think he will

Just hope PHX knocks em out, if Weber feels like there not going to win ( suter I think IMO is gonna leave) he's not gonna want to be left alone there by himself. He's a RFA, maybe not Vancouver but he COULD hold out on agreeing to a contract like last season, and make it a little clear he's not happy in Nashville, etc etc. Hamhuis IS here, and they do have a good relationship. You just never ever know.

Realistically, not really. But was our first round exit in 5 games realistic? Not at all. That's why there MUST be changes and BOLD moves by Gillis this summer, whether it be UFA signings or trading players. Changes have to be made after a dissapointing playoffs.

So even though it is not an MG type of thing to do, don't count it out.

We might go all in like NYR did with Richards, that worked out pretty well didn't it?

I don't think Suter and Weber are both on the Preds in 2 years time. Where they will go, only time will tell, although I think that the Canucks have a better chance at signing Weber than do the other 28 teams in the league. I don't think we have a shot at Parise - I hope I'm wrong on that one.

Realisticlly did you think that Wayne Gretzky would ever be traded from the Oilers??

Theres your answer, we dont know.

I talked to Weber last summer, and he said no last year...but like I said you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Archived