The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistically Do You Think Canucks Will Sign Weber Etc

Patrick Jane

This thread reminds me of everyone speculating that we would get Forsberg because we had Naslund on our team. Is it realistic to think we may pick up a big ticket D man? Sure. Doubt it will be as big as Weber or Suter though.

I suspect that Suter will sign elsewhere, whether that's in Nashville or someplace else. If Nashville were to win the Cup, he just might stay there (if the money was right).

Weber will play out his time in Nashville and then he will decide what he wants to do. If Nashville goes much further in the playoffs then he just may stay. In any event, I'd wait until he becomes a UFA before I'd send him a contract. It's cheaper in picks, and it will be cheaper in cap hit.

Parise will very likely not come here, IMO, whether he stay in NJ or goes somehwere else. Once again, it will depend upon what happens with NJ in these playoffs.

regards,

G.

Why the hell would we put a package of good players, prospects and first round picks for him?.. If he is ufa in a year then look to get him then.

The only way I would try and get him via trade is If he was locked up for a few years at least

no he'll not sign in vancouver.. i don't really think there's many star caliber players would want to sign in vancouver just coz the amount of media scrutiny they'll be under.. and the moment they have a small slump.. the entire city will be out there trying to run them out of town.. and enough with the he's from bc crap.. how many times have we said that he's from bc so he'll want to sign with the canucks and come home? and how many actually came?

Archived