The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Deathday Osama!

Buggernut

I was in Washington, D.C. the day he died. The celebrations of his death were absolutely disgusting. That's the kind of thing you see in the Arab world. His death was supposed to be a time of reflection, not celebration. It's immoral to say that it was a good day just because it was the day he died. That's just my opinion.

I was in Washington, D.C. the day he died. The celebrations of his death were absolutely disgusting. That's the kind of thing you see in the Arab world. His death was supposed to be a time of reflection, not celebration. It's immoral to say that it was a good day just because it was the day he died. That's just my opinion.

I feel a bit conflicted when I think about it. While I disagree with his methods, I had a certain respect for his convictions.

I am, by no means, a supporter of American hegemony, but I understand why they did it. I do not agree with rubbing the world's face in his death though. The day of bin Laden's death shouldn't have been one of celebration, for Americans or moderate Muslims.

No different then any other day tbh, just because a person whom ideals were what we conceived to be, immoral & wrong etc. was taken out because he was a threat SHOULDN'T add any more meaning to a day.

Maybe it's just me, but when it takes nearly ten years to track down a guy who even spent the last 4 years living in a populated area, that's not something to pound your chest about. It's actually kind of embarrassing.

It's a good thing they got him and the world is a better place without him. However, acting like bad asses is so misguided it's a joke. The guy got a free ten years.

Also as a side note. The night he was killed the most searched item on Yahoo was 'who is Osama Bin Laden?'. I bet all the youngsters who typed that in know who Lady GaGa or Lebron James are.

Maybe it's just me, but when it takes nearly ten years to track down a guy who even spent the last 4 years living in a populated area, that's not something to pound your chest about. It's actually kind of embarrassing.

You mean there is an argument for what his ideal were ? So his ideals and in another case his convictions have merit... sad to see folks say that but not surprised.

Very happy he is dead, but sad to see it used as political fodder...

Archived