The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Deathday Osama!

Buggernut

All the politics surrounding it, including the deteriorating relation with Pakistan makes me believe it. Plus, it's not like the terrorists are saying he's still alive, and imagine what that would do for America's credibility.

His death accomplished a lot. The fact he was still alive reflected badly on us, and we showed we can take out their great leader. He was also a smart guy when it came to planning these things (he was their leader for a reason), so at least we took out one of their better strategists.

There is nothing wrong with celebrating the death of a terrible person.

as histiory has proven time and time again it is far better to take these sort of peolple to trial and show them for what they really are , rather than kill{asassinate} them and give their followers more motivation to perform acts of terrorr and violence , but the words common sense and american foriegn policy seem to be diametrically oppossed

as histiory has proven time and time again it is far better to take these sort of peolple to trial and show them for what they really are , rather than kill{asassinate} them and give their followers more motivation to perform acts of terrorr and violence , but the words common sense and american foriegn policy seem to be diametrically oppossed

Suicide bombers can't possibly be anymore motivated than they already are. The people willing to kill themselves will, and the ones that aren't won't be motivated by the death of Osama IMO Also, if he went to trail in the US, he would've received a death sentence, and the public nature of his trail and verdict would've motivated more people than his death did.

you're kidding me right ? you kill their leader who was looked on as a god by some of his followers and you do not think that is gong to motivate them further , dream on mate . and as you have pointed his death by execution would motivate his followers , he should have been incarcerated for the rest of his life to be wheeled out now and again to be shown for what he become , a pathetic old man .

and even if you are the vindictive sort death is the cessation of everything including pain. your do not kill someone you want to make "suffer for their actions , you inflict pain upon them , for a long time .

I disagree. I think the fact he was alive after all these years made him into a legend among his followers. The fact that we showed we can kill him shows he's human.

In regards to his followers, they can not hate us anymore, so for them to be motivated further is impossible. To the contrary, his death will be seen as a symbol of America's strength, and will serve to demoralize them. Innocent people dying in collateral damage is the best recruitment tool terrorists have, and that should be our biggest concern.

The death of Bin Laden can't further motivate people already ready to die.

the words american strength make me laugh my ass off .in a sense america is worse than he ever was , america pretends it gives a sh!t about the rest of the world when the reallity is american foriegn policy has caused the death of millions and contributes to the sufferring of milllions more while trying to maintain the facade of being a society where all are treated equally .

i had a dream !

Archived