The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Deathday Osama!

Buggernut

I still don't believe he's dead. No corpse photo, no death.

I'd bet he's free, & on an island somewhere - Obama likely just used this BS to assure himself a second term.

I disagree. I think the fact he was alive after all these years made him into a legend among his followers. The fact that we showed we can kill him shows he's human.

In regards to his followers, they can not hate us anymore, so for them to be motivated further is impossible. To the contrary, his death will be seen as a symbol of America's strength, and will serve to demoralize them. Innocent people dying in collateral damage is the best recruitment tool terrorists have, and that should be our biggest concern.

The death of Bin Laden can't further motivate people already ready to die.

Glad the Osama saga is over, he was and is an embarassment. I know many people don't believe that he's actually dead (especially since reports of kidney failure were flying around in 2004 on BBC), but regardless of who "got him", I doubt he's alive, and glad that he isn't.

I remember after it was reported that he died and then people started ragging on Pakistanis and their intelligence agency, this was going around on Twitter ...'Dear Mr. Panetta, when 4 hijacked planes were heading towards some of the most important buildings in the US, was the CIA's lack of action a sign of incompetence or involvement?'

I meant their military/intelligence strength. American foreign policy is not anymore selfish than most other countries; people just expect more from the US. Lets look at French and British foreign policies when they were world superpowers, or USSR during the cold war.

All people care about their own interest more than others, and if you can point out specific cases of terrible foreign policies you are referring to, I would love to continue this discussion.

If he was a legend while alive, well now he's a martyr. That holds a lot more weight with those people.

Wrong, the fact that it took ten years to find the guy does not show strength. It shows major flaws in the intelligence gathering.

Regarding his followers. If you think his death could not motivate them anymore you're mistaken. Maybe his death is a symbol of America's strength to you. To me It's a symbol of "what the hell took you so long?".

millions of people believe in god. tell me something new.

seen any new bin laden videos or audio tapes since then? you can go on and believe he is in apartment complex in the US.

http://http://video....center/47272339

Now tell me where I said he was alive and living in an apartment complex in the U.S. Do you actually read the posts? I said he was long dead before they got there. Your link is bad also. A google lesson on http? Really?

He was going to be a martyr whether he was killed by navy seals or polio. Completely irrelevant. Also, what does a motivated suicide bomber do that a unmotivated suicide bomber doesn't?

Their goal is to convert the world into Islam, and the will of their god means more than Bin Laden's death. You're applying your own beliefs on how you'd handle the death of Bin Laden if you were in their shoes. They are already very motivated and doing all they can, which in most cases is to wait the Americans out, and continue with their attacks. It's not like they are giving 70 percent in their war, and now they'll go the whole nine yards.

Their worst attacks came with Osama at the helm. There is no option but to kill him. His following will diminish and eventually become irrelevant. I hate to oversimplify the situation, but it has happened thousands of times in the past with other groups.

I disagree, most people look out for their interests first. America is going to do what suits it's people best, and that is not only their right, but their duty to the people that democratically elected them to defend their interests. You're holding the US to an unreasonable standard. Don't tell me the British, French, Spanish, and Soviets were better, when they were world superpowers. British nearly wiped out natives in Australia, and North America, and Spanish did that to the South America(different times I know). There is still an overwhelming amount of donations that go from america to third world countries.

He was going to be a martyr whether he was killed by navy seals or polio. Completely irrelevant. Also, what does a motivated suicide bomber do that a unmotivated suicide bomber doesn't?

Their goal is to convert the world into Islam, and the will of their god means more than Bin Laden's death. You're applying your own beliefs on how you'd handle the death of Bin Laden if you were in their shoes. They are already very motivated and doing all they can, which in most cases is to wait the Americans out, and continue with their attacks. It's not like they are giving 70 percent in their war, and now they'll go the whole nine yards.

Their worst attacks came with Osama at the helm. There is no option but to kill him. His following will diminish and eventually become irrelevant. I hate to oversimplify the situation, but it has happened thousands of times in the past with other groups.

They don't care. They know that no one winds up collecting a pension after retiring as a jihadist leader. Bin Laden had a gun within reach when the SEALS arrived yet didn't grab it. He was ready to die. He knew it was inevitable when he chose the path he chose. Whoever takes his place understands that and accepts it.

Hey... nice to see you again. I assume you have had your morning smoke ? Had to throw in a dig about jesus huh, well I have to admit you have a story and stick to it...as out of place as it is.

It's ok to kill your enemies who have killed and plan to kill more of your people. Nothing to do with anatomy at all... just basic survival.

For a pothead like you, clear thinking is more difficult.

Archived