The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing)Flames Sign Roman Cervenka

Why are so many of you bashing the signing, its 3.775mil IF he hits his bonuses. To a team with space he is the perfect low risk high reward kind of player. Good luck to him in Calgary, if everything works out, he might just slot into their #2 center spot.

I'm no flames fan by any means, but there were multiple teams pursuing him because he's been regarded as one of the best players not in the NHL the last few years. To sign any high end talent without giving up an asset to acquire him is a worthwhile risk. If he hits all his bonuses and earns the 3.7 mill then he played very well and it was well worth it. If he fails and doesn't make his bonuses then he is basically an average or below nhl average salary they paid. Great move by the Flames.

Haha guy's already 26, and hasn't played one single NHL game, and feaster is giving the guy almost 4 mill?? Keep em comin Jay! I'm lovin this, flames are such crap, what a horrible organization. :towel:

I'm no flames fan by any means, but there were multiple teams pursuing him because he's been regarded as one of the best players not in the NHL the last few years. To sign any high end talent without giving up an asset to acquire him is a worthwhile risk. If he hits all his bonuses and earns the 3.7 mill then he played very well and it was well worth it. If he fails and doesn't make his bonuses then he is basically an average or below nhl average salary they paid. Great move by the Flames.

Wow, what a stupid move. This team needs a legitimate center for the 1st or 2nd line unit. That is the biggest need for the organization and Feaster has already blown it. The only way this works is if he compeltely blows the whole team apart, gets rid of Iggy and Kypper, as well as anyone else they can ship out of town and look to the Oilers example of sucking for the next 5 years straight ... I mean sucking more than they already do.

LOL

What a bad joke for Flames fans.

Reminds me of when I heard they resigned Tanguay and Jokinen. I was drunk and thought it was a joke. It was and it wasn't. Ha ha ha aha ha ahahahaahahahahahha.

Archived