The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When Will Schroeder Be Nhl Ready?

Hi guys,

I'm not as in touch with the farm as I wish I could be... but I was just wondering when Schroeder will be ready for the big club, he's made it clear that his size isn't a factor, and he's been putting up great numbers in the AHL for a few years now. I'm pretty amped for him to come up to the big club... but I'm not really in the know with the Wolves enough to know when thats going to be realistic.

So what do you guys think?

This upcoming season.

However, whether he makes the team is a different story. I can see him being sent down for one more year, just for him to be more defensively responsible and offensively dominant.

I don't think that Schroeder will be playing on our roster anytime in the foreseeable future.

He is not as good as Hodgson was, and he is tiny... which goes directly against what MG talked about in getting bigger.

On a team with a bigger set of top 6 forwards, Schroeder may have a chance... but I don't see it with ours.

He might be ready right now, however, if he hasn't got a spot to play up here then it's better that he stay in the minors.

About the only real advantage in playing Schroeder as a 3rd line center is to showcase his talents on the chance that he gets traded, kinda' like what Pittsburg is doing with Staal.

regards,

G.

Burrows, Kesler, Edler, Bieksa, Hansen all play on the PK and are shutdown players, no?

Once again, I said "offensive" players.. Those are two-way players. They bring more to the table

Nice job though

Hey Wheels22,

Your making it sound like its bad that Burrows, Edler, and Kesler bring more to the table than offensive players. Maybe the reason why offensive minded players arent sticking with the team is because the Canucks want more dynamic players on their team. There are very few NHLers now that succeed in the NHL as only offensiveminded players...There are SOME, but they are elite. Even Ovechkin has been told to be more defensive minded.....The Canucks want to develop Schroeder to play more defensively, as well keep his offensive skill....*shrugs*

Archived