The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler

timmylu1

Nah. At the moment Gillis, AV and entire team except perhaps Schneider is being roasted.

As for the future, let there be no mistake. All Canadian teams focus on their goaltenders. If Luongo goes, it's only a matter of time before Schneider gets railroaded. Only saving grace might be that he's a Canuck draftpick, but we'll see. (So are the Sedins and Kesler.)

Speaking of the Sedins, what makes anyone think they won't be officially labelled the sisters here again if their decline continues into next season? That, my friends, is an inevitability. The only question is when.

imo The potential for a Kesler rebound next season is quite high. Gillis is focusing on giving him easier icetime, for starters. Combine that with less injuries and you can have a career year. You don't have to be a hockey genius like Ben Kuzma to figure that out.

But rest assured if that rebound happens, the media will have somebody else in mind to rip to pieces. They always do. Cheers.

TOML

kesler is a very good player and he vowed to come back better than ever next season and I bet he will. But the thing about him is when he is successful he is a very good hockey player as you saw in the 2011-2012 season and playoffs. But when things aren't going right for him like this season and this years playoffs, he goes back to his old tactics and starts diving and complaining to get the advantage. He needs to stop those crap and focus on playing hockey. But no doubt I know he'll be back much better next season. So I really wouldn't trade him unless the offer was in our favour drastically.

He needs to stop giving excuses, then saying he's not making excuses..He came back too soon, because the team was stinkiing it up in October. He had to know the ramifications of pushing things, he's a professional Athlete who's had injuries before. There's no I in TEAM...

As for the diving, inexcusable...

The paper needs to sell and these guys' job is to do that. You paste a canuck's face on the front page of the sports with a whacky title and it will sell. One big rule I have learned over the years is you don't get your nuck info from newspaper guys. The best and most accurate

Shorthouse (very good play by play and under appreciated for his analysis and insight into the team)

Farhan

Murphy

Kenward

Tomilson

garret

Valk

The newspaper group are not reporters but salesman for their respective papers. Special mention to Spector who is a clown. And while I am at it Simpson who is a complete moron and is completely unaware that he is.

I don't understand why he came back so early, still played after a injury that occurred in february, and why he was diving so much. These are not things team players do! These actions do not help the team at all! Then at the end of the year he admits that he came back too early is just really a horrible excuse(if you decided you were ready to come back, then don't use it as an excuse!!!).

He will bounce back next year and even the thought of trading him scares the sh*t out of me. I don't like how the article is saying that kesler was not good because of his injury and yet the writer wants to put a different 2nd line on the ice because there was no chemistry(wtf) .The 2nd line was looking really good and finally coming together before david booth got injured and when he came kesler got injured so they need another chance(playmaking RW woulld be nice though).

If Kesler gets roasted like Luongo, then that's the icing on the cake that proves Vancouver fans are the dumbest in all of sports. The amount of work and heart Kesler puts into his game makes him a fan favourite.

Yes Kesler had an off year, but i truly believe he deserves a pass, for all the work he put in the previous years, and the injuries he battled all season. All that said, If Kesler has another off year for no apparent reason, he will get a lot of criticism (and i don't mean his point totals, i'm talking about work ethic).

To the point, Canuck fans tends to use goalies as a scapegoat more than any other position. So if anything it will be Luongo or Schneider getting the bulk of the mindless hate. (Yes...we don't yet know which goalie will be our starter next season for all you people who read/listen to the media religiously).

I don't understand why he came back so early, still played after a injury that occurred in february, and why he was diving so much. These are not things team players do! These actions do not help the team at all! Then at the end of the year he admits that he came back too early is just really a horrible excuse(if you decided you were ready to come back, then don't use it as an excuse!!!).

He will bounce back next year and even the thought of trading him scares the sh*t out of me. I don't like how the article is saying that kesler was not good because of his injury and yet the writer wants to put a different 2nd line on the ice because there was no chemistry(wtf) .The 2nd line was looking really good and finally coming together before david booth got injured and when he came kesler got injured so they need another chance(playmaking RW woulld be nice though).

Now I agree with you in the sense that Kes came back to soon but really should he take the full blame of this? Shouldn't the training staff have made the final decision. If he was still still too hurt to play then why did Vancouver's medical staff clear him to play? I agree he shouldn't use injuries as an excuse and I still don't think he really was using it as an excuse, in fact didn't he pretty much say he was not happy with the way he played this year? Admitting you are hurt and possibly should have waited to come back from a major injury is one thing but suggesting that he was using this as an excuse, no sorry I do not believe he did this.

As for your second point I actually agree with you. I was kind of annoyed with the article for suggesting that Kes and Booth did not always play well together, not to mention what ever happened to the Amex line? Higgy played really awesome with those too but he was put with Hansen (who is awesome and who I think he does have chemistry with) and was replaced with Raymond. Raymond whose main talented seemed to fall on the ice and cough up the puck. Now before Raymond lovers get on my case I would like to say that I actually like Raymond and I think people should give him slack. I think that all blame should be put onto AV. He put two players together who seemed to lack chemistry but who also were both recovering slowly from injuries, one of which probably shouldn't have come back so soon, heck I think Raymond probably came back too soon as well.

As for the diving, I admit it bothered me. Kesler is so much more talented then that, but I think perhaps that had more to do with the Refs then anything else. When they are ignoring legit calls and calling crap against Vancouver it must be super frustrating, it must get to the point where players would do anything to get a call. Does this mean I think Kes and other Canucks should continue to dive? No of course not I just think perhaps instead of just blaming the players the league and the fans and everyone really should look at the reason why Players feel they need to dive! Also shouldn't AV put a stop to it? Shouldn't he actually tell his players that such behavior is not okay?

Archived