Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kesler

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

http://www.theprovin...3596/story.html

this makes me nervous

#2 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

lol luongo isn't even gone. why does this fan base need a pariah?

kesler of all people... he played through pain and still got 22 goals. he was fourth on the team in points, 3rd in goals, and was +11.

if he has a bad year next year we can talk
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#3 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,966 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Nah. At the moment Gillis, AV and entire team except perhaps Schneider is being roasted.

As for the future, let there be no mistake. All Canadian teams focus on their goaltenders. If Luongo goes, it's only a matter of time before Schneider gets railroaded. Only saving grace might be that he's a Canuck draftpick, but we'll see. (So are the Sedins and Kesler.)

Speaking of the Sedins, what makes anyone think they won't be officially labelled the sisters here again if their decline continues into next season? That, my friends, is an inevitability. The only question is when.

imo The potential for a Kesler rebound next season is quite high. Gillis is focusing on giving him easier icetime, for starters. Combine that with less injuries and you can have a career year. You don't have to be a hockey genius like Ben Kuzma to figure that out.

But rest assured if that rebound happens, the media will have somebody else in mind to rip to pieces. They always do. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#4 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Kesler will be absolutely amazingnext year and all these retards will shut up. Kesler is probably one of the most dominant, dedicated and passionate Canuck that I have ever seen. If he's traded, I will be shocked.
Posted Image

#5 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

My dream trade: Vancouvers media for the Oilers media :)

i9o36Pr.jpg

#6 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

kesler is a very good player and he vowed to come back better than ever next season and I bet he will. But the thing about him is when he is successful he is a very good hockey player as you saw in the 2011-2012 season and playoffs. But when things aren't going right for him like this season and this years playoffs, he goes back to his old tactics and starts diving and complaining to get the advantage. He needs to stop those crap and focus on playing hockey. But no doubt I know he'll be back much better next season. So I really wouldn't trade him unless the offer was in our favour drastically.

#7 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

He needs to stop giving excuses, then saying he's not making excuses..He came back too soon, because the team was stinkiing it up in October. He had to know the ramifications of pushing things, he's a professional Athlete who's had injuries before. There's no I in TEAM...

As for the diving, inexcusable...
Posted Image

#8 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

I like him, but if he doesn't stop the diving then he has to be traded.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#9 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

NO,YOU DO NOT TRADE KESLER. YOU DO NOT!!! IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL PERSONALLY TAKE THIS ARTICLE AND SHOVE IT DOWN M.G'S THROAT!!

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#10 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Is there anyone that people want to keep around or should they trade everyone??

#11 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Is there anyone that people want to keep around or should they trade everyone??

if the media had it their way they would trade the canucks roster for the oilers roster

#12 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

HE

WAS

INJURED

As in 50%. As in 41/2=20.5

The Province is a joke.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#13 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

The paper needs to sell and these guys' job is to do that. You paste a canuck's face on the front page of the sports with a whacky title and it will sell. One big rule I have learned over the years is you don't get your nuck info from newspaper guys. The best and most accurate

Shorthouse (very good play by play and under appreciated for his analysis and insight into the team)
Farhan
Murphy
Kenward
Tomilson
garret
Valk

The newspaper group are not reporters but salesman for their respective papers. Special mention to Spector who is a clown. And while I am at it Simpson who is a complete moron and is completely unaware that he is.

Edited by samurai, 03 May 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#14 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I absolutely continue to believe in Kesler. And because of articles like that will continue to not subcribe to The Provinence.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#15 funkyfresh

funkyfresh

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

I don't understand why he came back so early, still played after a injury that occurred in february, and why he was diving so much. These are not things team players do! These actions do not help the team at all! Then at the end of the year he admits that he came back too early is just really a horrible excuse(if you decided you were ready to come back, then don't use it as an excuse!!!).

He will bounce back next year and even the thought of trading him scares the sh*t out of me. I don't like how the article is saying that kesler was not good because of his injury and yet the writer wants to put a different 2nd line on the ice because there was no chemistry(wtf) .The 2nd line was looking really good and finally coming together before david booth got injured and when he came kesler got injured so they need another chance(playmaking RW woulld be nice though).

#16 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

I absolutely continue to believe in Kesler. And because of articles like that will continue to not subcribe to The Provinence.

Yeah. I stopped reading the Province ever since Jim Taylor retired.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#17 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

kesler for crosby and malkin and staal :bigblush:

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSFHL

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#18 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

If Kesler gets roasted like Luongo, then that's the icing on the cake that proves Vancouver fans are the dumbest in all of sports. The amount of work and heart Kesler puts into his game makes him a fan favourite.

Yes Kesler had an off year, but i truly believe he deserves a pass, for all the work he put in the previous years, and the injuries he battled all season. All that said, If Kesler has another off year for no apparent reason, he will get a lot of criticism (and i don't mean his point totals, i'm talking about work ethic).

To the point, Canuck fans tends to use goalies as a scapegoat more than any other position. So if anything it will be Luongo or Schneider getting the bulk of the mindless hate. (Yes...we don't yet know which goalie will be our starter next season for all you people who read/listen to the media religiously).
Posted Image

#19 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

I don't understand why he came back so early, still played after a injury that occurred in february, and why he was diving so much. These are not things team players do! These actions do not help the team at all! Then at the end of the year he admits that he came back too early is just really a horrible excuse(if you decided you were ready to come back, then don't use it as an excuse!!!).

He will bounce back next year and even the thought of trading him scares the sh*t out of me. I don't like how the article is saying that kesler was not good because of his injury and yet the writer wants to put a different 2nd line on the ice because there was no chemistry(wtf) .The 2nd line was looking really good and finally coming together before david booth got injured and when he came kesler got injured so they need another chance(playmaking RW woulld be nice though).

Now I agree with you in the sense that Kes came back to soon but really should he take the full blame of this? Shouldn't the training staff have made the final decision. If he was still still too hurt to play then why did Vancouver's medical staff clear him to play? I agree he shouldn't use injuries as an excuse and I still don't think he really was using it as an excuse, in fact didn't he pretty much say he was not happy with the way he played this year? Admitting you are hurt and possibly should have waited to come back from a major injury is one thing but suggesting that he was using this as an excuse, no sorry I do not believe he did this.

As for your second point I actually agree with you. I was kind of annoyed with the article for suggesting that Kes and Booth did not always play well together, not to mention what ever happened to the Amex line? Higgy played really awesome with those too but he was put with Hansen (who is awesome and who I think he does have chemistry with) and was replaced with Raymond. Raymond whose main talented seemed to fall on the ice and cough up the puck. Now before Raymond lovers get on my case I would like to say that I actually like Raymond and I think people should give him slack. I think that all blame should be put onto AV. He put two players together who seemed to lack chemistry but who also were both recovering slowly from injuries, one of which probably shouldn't have come back so soon, heck I think Raymond probably came back too soon as well.

As for the diving, I admit it bothered me. Kesler is so much more talented then that, but I think perhaps that had more to do with the Refs then anything else. When they are ignoring legit calls and calling crap against Vancouver it must be super frustrating, it must get to the point where players would do anything to get a call. Does this mean I think Kes and other Canucks should continue to dive? No of course not I just think perhaps instead of just blaming the players the league and the fans and everyone really should look at the reason why Players feel they need to dive! Also shouldn't AV put a stop to it? Shouldn't he actually tell his players that such behavior is not okay?

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 03 May 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#20 funkyfresh

funkyfresh

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Now I agree with you in the sense that Kes came back to soon but really should he take the full blame of this? Shouldn't the training staff have made the final decision. If he was still still too hurt to play then why did Vancouver's medical staff clear him to play? I agree he shouldn't use injuries as an excuse and I still don't think he really was using it as an excuse, in fact didn't he pretty much say he was not happy with the way he played this year? Admitting you are hurt and possibly should have waited to come back from a major injury is one thing but suggesting that he was using this as an excuse, no sorry I do not believe he did this.

As for your second point I actually agree with you. I was kind of annoyed with the article for suggesting that Kes and Booth did not always play well together, not to mention what ever happened to the Amex line? Higgy played really awesome with those too but he was put with Hansen (who is awesome and who I think he does have chemistry with) and was replaced with Raymond. Raymond whose main talented seemed to fall on the ice and cough up the puck. Now before Raymond lovers get on my case I would like to say that I actually like Raymond and I think people should give him slack. I think that all blame should be put onto AV. He put two players together who seemed to lack chemistry but who also were both recovering slowly from injuries, one of which probably shouldn't have come back so soon, heck I think Raymond probably came back too soon as well.

As for the diving, I admit it bothered me. Kesler is so much more talented then that, but I think perhaps that had more to do with the Refs then anything else. When they are ignoring legit calls and calling crap against Vancouver it must be super frustrating, it must get to the point where players would do anything to get a call. Does this mean I think Kes and other Canucks should continue to dive? No of course not I just think perhaps instead of just blaming the players the league and the fans and everyone really should look at the reason why Players feel they need to dive! Also shouldn't AV put a stop to it? Shouldn't he actually tell his players that such behavior is not okay?

The problem with the NHL and most sports is that the players have way too much power. If the player wants to play and says he is ready the medical staff can't do anything about it. You are right that he did say he was disappointed with his play this year but he adds the fact that he came back to early as well, and when he does that it comes off,to me, as an excuse. Also, why play if you are injured to the point where it affects(effects?) your game and negatively influences the team?

The Vancouver Canucks will never win a Stanley Cup if they can't outplay their opponents. They need the heart that overcomes any adversities. No matter how many penalties go without being called. No matter how many penalties that get called on them. They need to win on their own without the referees.

#21 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Every player is tradable given the right return, some more than others of course. But would you not trade Kesler if (for some reason) a top 3 pick and a 2nd line player was coming the other way? Obviously it would depend on who the player was, but the trading issue is not so cut and dry. It's not 'yes' we trade him or 'no' we don't trade him, it's just what it is.

On that note though, I would like to keep Kesler. He did well considering his injury.

#22 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Injuries are unavoidable, but the diving is an embarrassment. Cmon Kes, quit that crap,

#23 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image

:shock: that got me!
:towel:

#25 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

2 nd line should have been kes, lappy and higgy. Third line should have been Hansen, Booth and Cody/Pal. I believe AV stuck with Booth and Kes far to long hoping they would click.

#26 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

Yeah. I stopped reading the Province ever since Jim Taylor retired.

regards,
G.

that's cool.

regards,
S.

#27 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

Kesler is so far beyond whatever stats are employed.

The Province seems to be drifting rapidly towards the National Enquirer shock journalism, with the "sources", being forums like the CDC.

#28 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Kesler is on the trade block and the offers are coming in fast. The right one comes to MG and Kesler is gone mid summer.

#29 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm not happy with some of Kesler's antic's

- Diving and snow showers was embarrassing!
- Worse was his response mid year when he heard AV had criticized him in the media; "I wish he bloody well would have told me!" The critique was not scathing, and was quite fair. He should find ways to involve his wingers... It showed the Canucks were off page, and if Kesler is a leader he should have swallowed it and worked on his game.

But those things just convinced me Kesler is not a future captain; I'm far from giving up on him as a player!

My team solutions include a big forward to play with the Twins & Burrows, now a good passer after years with the Twins, back with Kesler! Putting players in the right situations will help our recovery.

And I am amongst the people who regret trading Hodgson. Staal plays behind two offensive centers. As CoHo developed, he should have gotten 2knd line offensive shifts next year. Kesler's ego should have subverted to the team. For any critique I have of Lou; I am impressed to all get up with his support of Schneider. But it would be SO hard to replace the speed and power behind Kesler! It appears clear attitude issues were not reserved to Hodgson; MG & AV need to have SOB type conversations with a few players after the season! Better discipline might help complete it!

So no, do not give up on Kesler, but hopefully the year has humbled him!

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 04 May 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#30 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

2 nd line should have been kes, lappy and higgy. Third line should have been Hansen, Booth and Cody/Pal. I believe AV stuck with Booth and Kes far to long hoping they would click.

i believe that kesler needs a really good playmaker on his line to bring out the best in him , some one with good vision and slick passing .when/if this happens we will see the best of ryan kesler .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.