The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler

timmylu1

Every player is tradable given the right return, some more than others of course. But would you not trade Kesler if (for some reason) a top 3 pick and a 2nd line player was coming the other way? Obviously it would depend on who the player was, but the trading issue is not so cut and dry. It's not 'yes' we trade him or 'no' we don't trade him, it's just what it is.

On that note though, I would like to keep Kesler. He did well considering his injury.

Kesler is so far beyond whatever stats are employed.

The Province seems to be drifting rapidly towards the National Enquirer shock journalism, with the "sources", being forums like the CDC.

I'm not happy with some of Kesler's antic's

- Diving and snow showers was embarrassing!

- Worse was his response mid year when he heard AV had criticized him in the media; "I wish he bloody well would have told me!" The critique was not scathing, and was quite fair. He should find ways to involve his wingers... It showed the Canucks were off page, and if Kesler is a leader he should have swallowed it and worked on his game.

But those things just convinced me Kesler is not a future captain; I'm far from giving up on him as a player!

My team solutions include a big forward to play with the Twins & Burrows, now a good passer after years with the Twins, back with Kesler! Putting players in the right situations will help our recovery.

And I am amongst the people who regret trading Hodgson. Staal plays behind two offensive centers. As CoHo developed, he should have gotten 2knd line offensive shifts next year. Kesler's ego should have subverted to the team. For any critique I have of Lou; I am impressed to all get up with his support of Schneider. But it would be SO hard to replace the speed and power behind Kesler! It appears clear attitude issues were not reserved to Hodgson; MG & AV need to have SOB type conversations with a few players after the season! Better discipline might help complete it!

So no, do not give up on Kesler, but hopefully the year has humbled him!

I have my doubts that Kesker will bounce back. He'll likely have sone improvement but Im tending to believe that he had one great season. Only time will tell. I'm willing to trade anyone if it makes our team better. There are no such thing as untouchables.

Archived