The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In Lu We Trust

Jab316

I really don't think it matters which goaltender stays. As this team sits right now they will not win a cup with either. There is something missing that would enable them to take that final step. I don't know what it is but something is missing. It may be a player or two or it could be a motivation thing.

I do think that Lou's time has come in Vancouver though. Time for him to move on.

At Lou We Cuss!!!

I am not too worried, whether he stays or leaves, we will have a solid goaltender. I do appreciate everything hes done for the organisation. But if he is looking for a lower stress environment, full time starting position with no competition, closer to family. It probably isn't going to be here.

Man. This Town is going to be in a world of sh*t if they make the choice of trading Luongo instead of Schneider. Another sure miss decade.

Haters; careful what you wish for.

Schneider playing 60+ games next season, this will be fun going to games and seeing him fall flat on his face. He wont be able to handle 60+ games, our franchise is making a huge mistake, quote this, Cory Schneider will not win a Stanley Cup here, and Luongo will win it with another team.

Schneider playing 60+ games next season, this will be fun going to games and seeing him fall flat on his face. He wont be able to handle 60+ games, our franchise is making a huge mistake, quote this, Cory Schneider will not win a Stanley Cup here, and Luongo will win it with another team.

It's not set in stone that Luongo will be traded, it could very well be Schneider. He is younger, doesn't have a massive contract and at the moment they would probably get more back for him than they would get for Luongo.

It most likely WILL be Luongo, but Schneider being traded is not impossible

And people who think Schneider is going to come in and dominate as a starter after playing a grand total of 68 games in 4 seasons need a reality check.

Just had an argument with my brother in law about an hour ago, he's from Edmonton, and hates Luongo and thinks he's the reason we havent won a cup. I pretty much told him I'll be the first one in line to run Schneider out of town just out of spite that we traded Luongo. It's a win win situation for me, if Cory does well, awesome for our guys, but if he tanks, I cant wait to tell everyone I told you so.

These losers Like Luongo sooooo much, they want to see the other goalie fail just so they can prove a point. They will probably jump on the oppurtunity to slam on Schneider if he plays a bad game, but will not be heard from if Schneider plays great. Epic failure CAnucks fan, he was probably one of the rioters anyways. Ignore him.

I am a massive Luongo fan but it's easy to understand that a younger goalie with almost the same elite levels as luongo is up and coming and still has potential to get even better...

the smart logical choice would be to keep schneider cause at the moment he's playing like he should be a number 1 and he's a lot younger..

Brian Boucher, as a rookie actually went all the way to game 7 of the Eastern conference finals in 2000

Miika Kippursoff, as a rookie actually went all the way to game 7 of the Stanley cup finals in 2004

Rookie Johan Hedberg in his first season, slowly made his way as the starter for Pittsburgh, make it all the way to 5 games of the Eastern Finals. 2001

Patrik Roy, as a rookie actually took over the number 1 goalie a little bit before halfway through the the 86 season, and as a rookie won the Stanley cup for the Montreal Canadiens.

Anti Niemi actually stole the starting job away from Chris Huet, who was suppose to be the new starter for Blackhawks. during the regular season. When the playoffs started "unproven Niemi" was given the Nodd, and the rest is history. This "unproven" goalie won the Stanley cup.

And of the greatest Cinderalla stories, Michael Leighton as of the Philadelphia Flyers, who had to take over for Boucher, who wasn't cutting it, came into the scene, cleaned up Boucher's mess by coming back from 3-0 against the Bruins, and he made it all the way to game 6 of the Stanley cup finals.

I am a massive Luongo fan but it's easy to understand that a younger goalie with almost the same elite levels as luongo is up and coming and still has potential to get even better...

the smart logical choice would be to keep schneider cause at the moment he's playing like he should be a number 1 and he's a lot younger..

Archived