The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

President's Trophy Is A Product Of A Weak Division

Bobby_Lu1ngo

Wow, are they damn right that Canucks fans whine. THey whine about just everything. Including winning the Presidents trophy, they probably have one of the best GM's in the leauge, and the whine about him, they Luongo an all star goalie, the whine about him too, Canucks fans will just whine about anything, EVEN IF THEY WON THE STANLEY CUP, stupid CAnucks fan will whine about that probably, how the parade sucked or something.

We are in a weak division, yes, but I would not say "oh they won it because they are in a weak division. If all 4 other teams came in our divison came in, in sequence of last place to 4th last place, then maybe I will say, it's because of the weak division. But I totally disagree your comment that we are A presdients trophy winner because we are in a weak division. First off if you look at our record against North WEst division teams, it's a winning record, but we did not own it. We struggled at times against Minnesota and Calgary. Also, the difference is, that not being in our a divion just means you play 2 games less against, all those other teams, so in the end theres no difference. Cause honestly speaking Calgary and Colorado, but no I totally disagree, you can say it if we won the division title, but to come in 1st place in the regular season standing is different type of accomplishment. It's not something I will brag about.

This statement is not possible.

Only one team (Detroit with 6) has won enough PT's to do what you say most buildings do.

The Canucks now have two making them the second highest PT winner (tied with 5 others).

The Canucks are, sadly, the only multiple winner that has not won the SC.

Most of the PT winners have been from the West and all but one of the multiple winners have been from the west.

I suppose someone will find a way to show that this means the west is the weakest.

And yet Calgary had what looks like the second best record of any team within their own division. Maybe Calgary wasn't the divisional pushover you suggest.

This should have shown as a response to....real deal Stan smyl.

Archived