The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are The Canucks Going To Trade Av's Rights To Montreal?

gradin123

As time goes by with no word about AV and with Montreal seeming to want AV it is beginning to appear that AV may be in Montreal next year.

However, AV is still under contract and if Montreal does want him there is nothing to say the Canucks cannot be compensated for letting him go. Would Montreal be willing to give up say a 2nd Round Draft Pick for the rights to talk to him and sign him? I think they might.

I don't believe there is any rule that allows you to trade coaches or management.

The Canucks, however, could give the Canadiens permission to talk to (and offer a contract to) AV in exchange for a a pick. I have never heard of a team giving up a roster player in this scenario.

I remember a couple years back at the draft the Flames and Devils swapped spots in the 1st round, with like a 7th round pick going to the team moving down. The TSN guys said that it was the Flames doing the Devils a favour for letting them have Sutter, so maybe something like that could happen, but I doubt it with the 3rd overall pick.

I remember a couple years back at the draft the Flames and Devils swapped spots in the 1st round, with like a 7th round pick going to the team moving down. The TSN guys said that it was the Flames doing the Devils a favour for letting them have Sutter, so maybe something like that could happen, but I doubt it with the 3rd overall pick.

If we get rid of both AV and Luongo, this franchise will do a nose dive.

Why people want to run the most prolific winners in our teams history, out of town, is beyond me.

Some of you make me sick, and embarrassed to be Canucks fans.

If we get rid of both AV and Luongo, this franchise will do a nose dive.  

Why people want to run the most prolific winners in our teams history, out of town, is beyond me.

Some of you make me sick, and embarrassed to be Canucks fans.

Why even contemplate such a senario?

Do we get rid of the winningest coach in Canuck history?

Do we get rid of the best GM MG that the Canucks have ever had?

Just because Montreal 'may' want AV, does that mean that we should give him to them? Montreal would probably want the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Hamhuis and Beiksa too but are we going to give them to them?

It is Vancouver's turn to take the spotlight now and with a bit of tweaking, the Canucks will win the Cup in the near future. The have 2 great goalies that most teams would be happy to have and we can't aford them both. Whichever one departs will bring a really good player or players coming this way and make the team better. This is shaping up to be a really exciting time to be a Canuck fan and the right guys are driving the boat.

Archived