The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are The Canucks Going To Trade Av's Rights To Montreal?

gradin123

We started watching at the same time .. I even listened to the old WHL team on the radio .. I have faith that Sutter would make us better, and AV has lost the room .. it happens to all coaches .. plus, watching our PP digress badly and nothing imaginative being tried told me that either Newel Brown is incompetent and should be replaced, or the players are not listening/responding .. keeping the same coaching staff means another wasted year IMO .. wish I was wrong, but fear I am not ..

All valid points. We'll have to agree to disagree that Sutter would make the team better. I also don't believe that AV has lost the room.

The thing you have to ask yourself is this: Last season, the Canucks led the league in virtually every meaningful statistic and despite half of the roster playing hurt or on the DL, came to within a victory of the Stanley Cup.

Did the coaching staff all forget everything they know? Or did the players just not execute?

Having played a lot of team sports, including hockey, and having experienced the lows and highs that go with losing and winning, I would venture that many of the long time players associate AV with "almost winning", and failing .. subconsciously, at least, I think they are in denial that he,AV, can lead them to the Cup .. he had "his" chance with this group and thru injury and bad-luck, lost that chance .. as I said, I wish I was wrong .. :sadno:

Four way deal:

To Tampa Bay: Roberto Luongo & Montreal's 1st round pick

To Montreal: Vincent Lecavalier, Alain Vigneault & Vancouver's 1st round pick.

To Nashville: Tomas Plekanec & Tampa's 1st round pick.

To Vancouver: Shea Weber.

:bigblush:

The thing you have to ask yourself is this: Last season, the Canucks led the league in virtually every meaningful statistic and despite half of the roster playing hurt or on the DL, came to within a victory of the Stanley Cup.

Did the coaching staff all forget everything they know? Or did the players just not execute?

Really? Interesting, do you have a link where that is mentioned because I can't find one. Are you sure it pertains to active coaches? Perhaps it only covers coaches that have been fired but are still getting paid under a contract.

- Raymond practically non-existent after returning from his injury

- Kassian not NHL ready and grossly underperformed

- Sedins in addition to Daniel's concussion both hugely underperformed

- Kesler did not return from his injury at 100% and appeared to be struggling with injuries for most of the season

- Bieksa seemed to be playing injured for most of the season

- Booth got injured just when he started to find his stride and underperformed upon his return

- Higgins always performed but injuries kept him sidelined and occasionally off his game

- Malhotra non-existent this season and a major detraction from the 4th line

- Salo faced several injuries and was having trouble down the stretch

- Edler had the worst playoff performance of his career

- Hodgson off-ice attitude greatly detracted from on ice-performance and relationship with team

- Lack of a consistent 4th line due to injuries

Their rights have been traded for draft picks before. The Canucks got a second round pick from Anaheim for Randy Carlyle who was coaching the Manitoba Moose who was under contract by the Canucks Organization at the time.

Kassian's Tooth posted on this thread that their was a bylaw passed by the NHL a couple of years ago that stopped these types of trades. That was an informative post however I don't know the details of that bylaw and whether it pertains to active NHL head coaches who have not yet been fired.

If you know the exact details of that BYLAW by all means share.

Read the Vancouver Sun article on him and listen to what the players say bout him. How he got them emotionally engaged again; How he got teo core to buy into his game plan; about how he finds each guys motivating factor and uses it; plays noe favorites and is even handed with everyone; how he pushes the right buttons with a pat on the back or by correcting their mistakes (this includes Doughty who is better than any of our 8 D men).

In other words, he coaches!! AV has left it up to the core to motivate themselves and push their own buttons while he focuses only on strategy and line juggling. No wonder the Nucks play like a bunch of emotionless zombies! NO direction, no encouragement, no correction just penalizes tes thorughn the press or by demotion if you don't get it right.

What do the Nucks say about AV..."I like him"; "I think he should be back". wow! riveting stuff!!!

He has bee successful because of the talent this team posses not because he is a great coach. It's time for someone else to see if they can get this group to play to their potential. Then we may have a chacne at a cup but never under AV's lobotomized approach to hockey.

Archived