The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3Rd Line Center

canucks10271999

If Pahlson is cheap I think we'll keep him. He can kill penalties and is defensively sound. Lappy can play on 4th which could keep him fresh for the type of game he plays. I would like to see us start bringing up at least one rookie per season to get some seasoning and expierence. I dont like the trend of seeing prospects being traded out before we give them a good long look ( Hodgson and Grabner etc...).

I think it should be Lappy. But if we are to get someone, we should get Chris Kelly, who is a UFA this year, with a contract of 2.1M expiring ( ie, a 3-4 year deal paying him 2.5-2.7M would probably get the job done). He brings a much better offensive upside than Pahlsson, while still being a regular checking center.

If Pahlson is cheap I think we'll keep him. He can kill penalties and is defensively sound. Lappy can play on 4th which could keep him fresh for the type of game he plays. I would like to see us start bringing up at least one rookie per season to get some seasoning and expierence. I dont like the trend of seeing prospects being traded out before we give them a good long look ( Hodgson and Grabner etc...).

-pahlsson did not play that well to show me that he is a reliable option for the third line

- Schroeder is to small and not physical enough to become a third line centermen

- Lapierre always plays well on the third however he says he saves his energy which he dosent spend during the regular season and uses it in playoffs he is a hybrid.

Lapierre deserves it as he was drafted in this league to be a third liner however my concern is that people will miss judge lapierres play if he is not getting many points, Lapierre is better at shutting down players then scoring and if he is not successful on the third line he will work to be, and for the time he is in a slump he will use his tremendous work ethic to get better to become are third line center of the future even though he was aquired to be a 4th liner.

I am a big lapierre fan but he does tend to have inconsistent regular seasons as he saves all his energie for a perfectly consistent playoffs.

Lapierre all the way!!!

Also I have never missed a Montreal Canadiens game living in le province but I have a feeling that if you resign pahlsson he will play well in the beginning just like metropolit did for the habs and then die down at the end of the season and eventually find himself on the team for the same reason as ebbett. Schroeder is another hodgson experiment waiting to happen, and lapierre did get 15 goals in 08 when he played the first 15 games of the season and only had one point on the habs fourth line playing alongside laraque and begin and then he got benched and his best friend latendress faked an injury to get lappy back in and he was hungrier then ever to perform, so carbo put him with higgins and kostopoulos and he performed a 15 goal season

I think Pahlson will not be re-signed. He's getting old and didn't show any magic in the playoffs (neither did anyone else aside from Schneider). Unfortunately, I think they also have to let Malhotra go; it costs them too much money just to let him take some defensive zone face-offs. Lappy could play on the third or fourth line, but we need another centre. Reports suggest Schroeder isn't ready (and he is pretty small).

Lappy did play very well for us in 2011, he could do it. I hope we do sign Pahlsson for cheaper though.

We also need to try to get a great 3rd liner center with offense. I still feel like Hodgson could have been the guy to bring this team over the top in skill.

Archived