The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3Rd Line Center

canucks10271999

We need a 3rd line Centre that is defensively responsible like pahlsson but with more offensive push as kesler isn't the most 'skilled' 2nd centreman. I like the chris kelly option but i highly doubt an ex bruin from the 2011 final to sign here. how about a trade to see someone like shawn matthias from folorida (this is only an example). thoughts?

We need a 3rd line Centre that is defensively responsible like pahlsson but with more offensive push as kesler isn't the most 'skilled' 2nd centreman. I like the chris kelly option but i highly doubt an ex bruin from the 2011 final to sign here. how about a trade to see someone like shawn matthias from folorida (this is only an example). thoughts?

Lets hope Kassian shows up in shape. He looked good the first period of every game, then was out of puff... I was against the trade, am still because he did not look like he could compete in the 3rd period but showed serious glimpses of potential early in games.

no, leave Kassian up, way further up! don't throw him under a bus already, Schroeder is 5'9, 175, Kassian is 6'3 and 214..

Jordan Schroeder and Philippe paradis are the only first round picks of the 2009 draft that have yet to play a game in the NHL. I find it extremely hard to believe that 28 of those players are NHL ready but Schroeder isn't. If he really isn't ready then clearly the Canucks cannot properly develop hockey players or he's a bust.

You cant put a purely defensive forward between two-way forwards on the third line and expect 3rd line offense. So i say no to pahlsson as third line centre.

We need a more offensive guy. Another kesler type back when he was our third line guy lol

Schroeder is going to be a project. It never made sense to me to draft a small centre. In a third line role he will get destroyed. I'd be very surprised to see him up next year. He is most likely going to become a Darren Haydar type player. Have an amazing AHL career with the odd NHL game thrown in.

It maybe asking too much, particularly for an AV coached team, but I wan't to see more production from the 3rd centre position than the measly totals Lapierre and Pahlsson delivered.

If Schroeder isn't ready and no suitable FA is landed, they should consider playing Higgins there. We already know he makes any line better and it will be his contract year so he'll be motivated. May get the puck a lot more playing with Hansen and Jensen, than with Kess.

Kassian was born in '91

- 2011-2012 he scored 4-6-10 in 44 NHL games

Hugent-Hopkins was born in '93

- 2011-2012 he scored 18-34-52 last season in 62 games (on one of the worst teams in the league).

Stamkos was born in '90:

- 2008-2009 he scored 23-23-46

- 2009-2010 he scored 51-44-95

- 2010-2011 he scored 45-46-91

- 2011-2012 he scored 60-37-97

Crosby was born in '87:

- 2005-2006 he scored 39-63-102

- 2006-2007 he scored 36-84-120

- 2007-2008 he scored 24-48-72 in 51 games

- 2008-2009 he scored 33-70-103

Malkin was born in '86:

- 2005-2006 he scored 33-52-85

- 2006-2007 he scored 47-59-106

All were first round draft picks. Watching Zack Kassian last season was like watching a chicken with his head cut off. He was defensively and offensively non-existent, he rarely hits, and he doesn't fight. All of these things were the reason we traded for him.

Archived