Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Zack Kassian

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#121 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

You say we need to be patient. I say as fans we've all been patient enough. If this guy isn't going to help us win a cup NEXT YEAR, then we shouldn't have traded for him. The core of our teams window is closing as we speak.

THIS ^^^^^^^

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#122 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Im curious to see what Hodgson will sign for. If he goes the route of demanding some ridiculous contract I will be even more thrilled he was traded.

#123 tan

tan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Let me guess, you were one of the same "experts" calling Hodgson a bust only a season ago.

People who don't understand how development of young players works should really just keep quiet. You just make yourself sound dumb.

21 years old is very young to be making an impact in the NHL. People already forget how Cody was a deer lost in the headlights last season, and then this season he was in the calder race. Kassian needs the same amount of time Cody got. This will be the biggest sumer of his career, and he knows it.

cough, cough, Crosby says hi...

tumblr_m0nxk38n5q1qdlh1io1_400.gif

#124 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Can not wait for the next couple of seasons so people can finally stop using these excuses.

you're probably one of those people that would have traded Kesler early in his career

#125 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

cough, cough, Crosby says hi...

Yeah, real mature.

Bring up the best player in hockey as your counter-point.

It's called an exception, not a counter-point.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#126 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

42 years and counting..... what are we waiting for?

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#127 K_9

K_9

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

Tyler Ennis Is 5 foot 9 180. Wtf are you smoking.

Actually 157 lbs according to Buffalo's website... lol

I meant to say Tyler Myers, my bad I confuse them often.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

The reason I don't buy this argument is that Dale Weise adjusted fairly quickly to our system and was able to be a staple on the 4th line for most of the season.

As a 4th line player it's not Weise's job to score goals but he was able to contribute offensively from time to time with very limited ice time and when he wasn't chipping in offensively he was a strong physical presence. Kassian however, was like a fish out of water. His hits were minimal, he had trouble keeping up with the other players on the ice, and didn't look like he knew where he should be at any given time while on the ice.

Weise age 23
Kassian age 21

Pro Games Played:
Weise: 78 nhl + 194 ahl
Kassian: 44 nhl + 0 ahl

NHL Points:
Weise:4g 4a 8pts
Kassian: 4g 6a 10pts

With the Canucks:
Weise 68gp 4g 4a 8pts
Kassian 17gp 1g 2a 3pts

You're comparing Kassian to a guy that's 2 1/2 years older who has played 272 pro games. That would be games against men. While prior to this season Kassian had only played junior against boys. Kassian played exactly 1/4 of the games in Vancouver that Weise did. Prorating his numbers to Weise's puts Kassian at 4g 8a 12pts in 68 games. So Kassian was actually more productive per game played here while having considerably less pro experience. Where does that leave your comparison?
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.