Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The Elder Scrolls...mmo.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stizz19

Stizz19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

A studio is going to make Elder Scrolls an MMO. Thoughts?

The Elder Scrolls Online is Real

ZeniMax Online Studios is developing a massively multiplayer version of the popular single-player fantasy series.

May 3, 2012

After much speculation, the MMO version of The Elder Scrolls role-playing series has officially been announced. Developed byZeniMax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to quest across the entire continent of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V, which includes the provinces of Cyrodiil (where The Elder Scrolls IV was set) and Skyrim (setting of The Elder Scrolls V).

No screens or video have yet been released, but more information will be made available through Game Informer, as the reveal is part of their June 2012 cover story.

Not many specifics are available yet, but according to Game Informer you'll be able to play as one of three factions, take part in open-world player versus player combat in the province of Cyrodiil and vie for control of the throne of the Emperor.

The Elder Scrolls Online is currently scheduled to be released in 2013 for Mac and PC. Be sure to check out additional details in the Elder Scrolls Online Wiki.

#2 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
X-360 Gamertag: InSoMnIaK604

NHL 12 Sim League Boston Bruins GM
VHL Montreal Canadiens GM

#3 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

There was a thread on this when it was just a rumour... But damn this sucks. Happy that it's a separate development team, and I really hope that it doesn't require too much time and resources from Bethesda themselves. Still sucks though.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#4 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

I made a thread about Bethesda talking about a Fallout MMO earlier this year.

Guess Bethesda wants both franchises online now

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

I needed a reason to go back to WoW.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.