The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Liberace's Proposal To My Getzlaf, Perry & Ryan Thread

Hi.

Take these 3 things into consideration:

- Anaheim MAY have to go into a rebuild

- A Luongo trade HAS to happen before hand

- We HAVE to help Anaheim right now and for the future if we want any of their big 3

I have a good feeling that whatever I propose will be considered an underpayment and I'll get flamed, but at least I'll try.

This proposal only works if the salary cap goes up to $68+ million.

I will post the final rosters of each team.

Trades in this order:

------------------------------------

To WIN: Manny Malhotra

To VAN: WIN 2012 3rd

Reasons: Salary dump, and Vancouver gets a pick for a later trade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To TBL: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond (RFA), Andrew Alberts & VAN 2012 2nd

To VAN: Teddy Purcell & TBL 2012 1st (10th)

Reasons: Tampa gets their franchise goalie, a good penalty killing forward, a depth defender and two later picks. Vancouver gets a "playmaking" RW in Purcell and the 10th overall pick that will both be used for a later trade. Tampa Bay isn't giving up too much for their goalie, since they have another 1st round pick to boot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To ANA: Ryan Kesler, Alex Edler, David Booth, Teddy Purcell, Marc-André Gragnani, Jordan Schroeder, Anton Rodin, TBL 10th overall, VAN 26th overall, VAN 2012 2nd, WIN 2012 3rd + VAN 2013 1st

To VAN: Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry & Bobby Ryan + ANA 2012 2nd

BREAKDOWN:

For Getzlaf: Kesler, Gragnani & VAN 2012 1st (26th) + VAN 2013 2nd (57th)

For Perry: Booth, Purcell, Rodin & TBL 2012 1st (10th)

For Ryan: Edler, Schroeder & VAN 2013 1st + WIN 2012 3rd (70th)

Reasons: Anaheim is on the verge of a rebuild/reload. So Vancouver tries to help them out for a little bit of now and down the road. The big thing is that with their 6th overall pick, they recieve the 10th overall pick to help them for the 2013 season. With the 5 NHL players going to Anaheim, it should help all 4 of their lines, their depth and a skill.

The Ducks will have to get younger and quicker. They should trade Lydman for picks, and let Hagman, Parros & Blake walk, giving them an extra $11 million in cap space, plus the cap space already giving them like $20.8 million. They only would have had half in cap space before the trade.

ALSO the Ducks now have a lot of cap space, so I feel they make a big run at PARISE, SEMIN, SUTER & GAUSTAD.

Anaheim gets:

- A 1st line center (Kesler)

- A 2nd line LW (Booth)

- A potential #1 defender (Edler)

- A pass first RW (Purcell)

- A puck moving defender who is a great first passer (Gragnani)

- An almost NHL-ready center who can also play RW (Schroeder)

- A near NHL ready LW who has some good skill (Rodin)

- 10th overall pick

- 26th overall pick

- 57th overall pick

- 70th overall pick

- VAN 2013 1st round pick

Vancouver gets a 1st line that plays very different from the Sedin line. One plays finesse and a passing game, and the other plays physical and big, something the Canucks need. The Anaheim 2nd round pick is for a later trade.

To BOS: ANA 2012 2nd + Condition VAN 2012 5th (if Pouliot signs)

To VAN: Benoit Pouliot (RFA rights)

Reasons: Boston is right up against the salary cap. I felt that a high 2nd for Pouliot's negotiating rights and a 5th if he signs may slightly help the Bruins.

To FLA: VAN 2013 4th

To VAN: Jerred Smithson

Reasons: Vancouver gets a 13th forward who can play C/RW. Big at 6'3 210, and defensively responsible as he was developed in the Nashville system. If you haven't noticed, I really want Smithson. He would really help in the playoffs.

Re-sign: Salo, Pahlsson Schneider, Lack & Weise

Sign: Pouliot, Kubina, Allen, Moen & Stoner

VANCOUVER ROSTER:

Sedin Sedin Higgins - Plays a finesse, passing game with a grinder in Higgins added to create space

Ryan Getzlaf Perry - Plays a physical game that wears down the opposition. Any one of the 3 can play with the Sedins

Burrows Lapierre Pouliot - A very annoying 3rd line who all check and agitate

Moen Pahlsson Hansen - A 3B line similar to the 2006-07 Ducks 3rd line, except Hansen is better than Niedermayer

Smithson, Weise - Both can fill in anytime, both have good size and both have some scoring touch

Hamhuis Bieksa - Solid pairing for the Canucks

Ballard Kubina - A scary big shutdown guy with a more offensive minded defender

Allen Salo - Similar to the Ballard - Kubina pairing, except both are great in the defensive zone

Stoner, Tanev - Stoner and Tanev can fill in anywhere if an injury occured. Stoner for more physical teams

Schneider & Lack/Backup - Schneider can play under pressure. Can he handle 55+ games though?

ANAHEIM ROSTER: (Selanne & Koivu are looking to come back for one more each, I think they will)

Parise Kesler Selanne - Skilled line. Kesler has 2 wingers who can pass pretty well to him

Booth Koivu Semin - Another skilled line with a power forward, a sniper and a playmaker. Good combonation

Belesky Cogliano Purcell - Purcell has played 3rd line a lot before, and now he has speedy line mates

Prust Gaustad Smith-Pelly - A young winger and a feisty hitter centered by one of the best 3rd line centers

Pelley Bonino - These are inserted into the lineup against opponents who are a lot tougher

Suter Visnovsky - #1 defenseman plus an offensive minded defender who is good positionally

Edler Sbisa - Similar to Edler - Ehrhoff pairing, except Sbisa is bigger but not better positionally than Ehrhoff

Fowler Beauchemin - Beauchemin has always played the right side though a left handed shot

Gragnani, Brookbank - Both can fill in incase of injury. Brookbank fills in for tougher opponents

Hiller & Deslauriers/Other backup - Solid tandem. If Hiller can stay healthy, all is well.

The Ducks team as a whole becomes more rounded, can play in all situations, and is deeper than before.

What do you think?

I tried, and I know that this has like a 95% chance of NOT happening, but I can dream all I want. :P

I didn't even read it, once I saw what you were after. Why didn't you just modify your existing discussion thread with the proposal? That's not even taking into account your massive trade proposals that would never work in real life, and maybe not even in NHL 12.

Why does Anaheim have to go into a rebuild?

They have some nice pieces Ryan, Perry, Getzlaf, Fowler, Visnovsky (he is aging but still), Hiller, and then some good young players who will be better and more developed like Palmieri, Smith-Pelly, Sbisa, Etem and others with the draft coming up.

I don't think they have to rebuild at all, just add some more, better defensemen and they may have some secondary scoring developing and it may be ready for next year but if not then they can pick up a few guys upfront aswell.

They do not have to blow it up and rebuild.

Hmm... Anaheim's team seems just as scary as ours, with Suter, Edler, Fowler, Visnovsky, and others on defence, then also Semin, and Parise added there dangerous.

Our team looks good after that but it's unrealistic, I don't think that would ever happen.

I forgot to make the special teams in the original post.

POWER PLAY

PP1

Sedin Sedin Perry

Salo Getzlaf

PP2

Burrows Ryan Higgins

Ballard Bieksa

PP3

Pouliot Lapierre Hansen

Hamhuis Kubina

5 on 3

PP1

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Salo Getzlaf

PP2

Burrows Ryan Perry

Ballard Bieksa

PENALTY KILL

PK1

Getzlaf Burrows

Hamhuis Allen

PK2

Pahlsson Hansen

Bieksa Kubina

PK3

Moen Pouliot

Ballard Salo

3 on 5

PK1

Lapierre

Allen Kubina

PK2

Pahlsson Moen

Hamhuis

WITH NET EMPTY

Burrows H. Sedin Ryan Perry

---- D. Sedin ----- Getzlaf ----

For Getzlaf: Kesler, Gragnani & VAN 2012 1st (26th) + VAN 2013 2nd (57th)

For Perry: Booth, Schroeder, Rodin & TBL 2012 1st (10th)

For Ryan: Purcell, Edler & VAN 2013 1st + WIN 2012 3rd (70th)

I understand we probably can't/won't get all 3 of them, but maybe 1 for these deals. If you look at all 3 though they do help a lot in the depth and future category over in Anaheim.

Also by getting younger, trading Lydman for a pick &/or prospect and letting Blake and Hagman walk add an extra $10 million in cap space for a #1 defenseman (Suter) and a couple top-tier forwards (Parise & Semin) entering unrestricted free agency :P

The only trade I'll comment on is the Winnipeg trade. It won't happen. They already have Jim Slater who is not only a fan favourite, but is much more valuable than Manny Malhotra. Not only that, but a 3rd round for a player that is damaged goods is not likely to happen. The only team that would take on Malhotra would be a deadline deal to a team looking to get better on the penalty kill for the playoffs.

I'd rather Kesler than Getzlaf, so losing a 1st and an NHL ready defensive prospect and a 2nd doesn't make sense for me.

That being said, I think some of what you attributed to Getzlaf gets moved on to make the Perry trade plausible(i.e. the 1st rounder).

Ryan is my favourite of them all, with the "lowest value" potentially despite being the youngest(2nd behind Sidney Crosby!) and with a killer one-timer and hands and size well yeah, like them all he's the complete package.

This is also contingent on signing Pouliot which is considered one of the more premiere checking forwards and will be a sought after commodity, as well as Allen who is considered one of the more premiere defensive defensemen. Kubina might be the easiest to sign of the three, with a high potential upside if he can rebound a bit despite his age, but again its another signing that HAS to happen. Then there's Moen (faucet as i call him :bigblush: ), who is probably THE most sought after 3rd liner available.

I could see 2/4 of the free agents signing if we came up with good offers (Pouliot and Kubina, sure would love Allen, but lets say the two most likely are Pouliot and Kubina), and then lets say we got two of the three Anaheim players, which IMO would end up being Ryan and Getzlaf simply because Perrys' worth the most, and Kesler being traded will be our biggest trade chip available.

Winnipeg sells a 3rd or 4th+5th for Malhotra

Vancouver sells Luongo + Raymond + Alberts + 3rd to Tampa for Purcell + 10th pick

Vancouver sells Booth + Purcell + 2nd + Schroeder for Ryan

Vancouver sells Kesler + 10th pick + Gragnani for Getzlaf

That gives us Edler to keep, + Kubina to sign gives us three solid D pairings.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Kubina

Ballard Salo(or tanev if he retires)

and forward lines would look like

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Getzlaf Ryan

Pouliot Pahlsson Hansen

Weise Lapierre Kassian

Archived