The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weak On D?

Durl Dixsun

2012 UFA Defensemen  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's easy to lose and point fingers on the goalie (always Luongo), but is our main issue on D?

Hamhuis - Beiksa

Edler - ______

_____ - ______

Problems I see:

Salo's career uncertain + old

Ballards inconsistent play + big cap

Tanev / Gragnani ?

Alberts / Rome ?

Heres a list of UFA defencemen on capgeek!

http://capgeek.com/f...=D&fa_type_id=2

MY Defence Pairings:

Hamhuis - Beiksa

Edler - Wideman (3-4 mil)

Alberts - Jurcina (1 mil)

Ballard - Traded ..

Salo retired or not resigned

What do you guys think?

For one thing, we'll either re-sign Salo, or he'll retire. If he's willing to play another year, we're signing him.

As for the UFA's, if we can sign Wideman, Stuart, Suter, or Carle, we should. Though Carle will most likely stay in Philly.

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-UFA

Salo/Ballard-Tanev

Would be ideal.

Suter probably won't sign here. Seidenberg is a nice choice, but we all know why that would be weird.

Stuart is slowing down. Carle is going to cost 5 million, for a high offense, low reliability guy. same with Wideman No thanks. Roszival won't last in Vancouver. Don't know why people like Jurcina, guy can't do anything.

Kubina and Kuba are guys I'd like to see the Canuck's acquire at deadline, not in the off season. Though, I wouldn't mind if there wasn't any other option.

Trade for one. Sign Salo for cheap to be the third pair.

Bieksa Hamhuis

Edler XXXXX

Salo Tanev

Please find a 6'3+ guy, who is tough as nails and can run over people.

Ballard? Oops, looks like I've traded him. Oh well.

You ****tin' me?

Juice has proven his worth - everyone knows he's not perfect, but I'll take his grit, heart, character, fighting, shooting, bad ass attitude over most NHL D-men any day.

Kevin Bieksa is a RARE commodity. He can do ANYTHING. PP? Sure! PK? Sure! Need me to shut somebody down? Ok! Need a PP Goal? Juice is in the house! Need somebody's face pounded in? Juice can do that too.

Juice>>> You.

I think our defensemen are fine... but they picked some of the worst times to play poorly this season (except Tanev). we need players, not just D, who can elevate their game and intensity in the playoffs.

Suter-Edler (That is a real contender top pairing)

Bieksa-Hamhuis (That is a real contender 2nd pairing)

I don't remember a team winning the Stanley Cup winning a cup with a 1st pairing of bieksa/hamhuis

Chara

Keith-Seabrook

Letang-Gonchar

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Niedermayer-Pronger

I guess Carolina of 06 was the exception.

You ****tin' me?

Juice has proven his worth - everyone knows he's not perfect, but I'll take his grit, heart, character, fighting, shooting, bad ass attitude over most NHL D-men any day.

Kevin Bieksa is a RARE commodity. He can do ANYTHING. PP? Sure! PK? Sure! Need me to shut somebody down? Ok! Need a PP Goal? Juice is in the house! Need somebody's face pounded in? Juice can do that too.

Juice>>> You.

Suter-Edler (That is a real contender top pairing)

Bieksa-Hamhuis (That is a real contender 2nd pairing)

I don't remember a team winning the Stanley Cup winning a cup with a 1st pairing of bieksa/hamhuis

Chara

Keith-Seabrook

Letang-Gonchar

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Niedermayer-Pronger

I guess Carolina of 06 was the exception.

Juice is just a below average of all trades. He's only given all opportunities (PP, PK, shutdown) because he is AV's favourite. He's the king of racking of secondary assists since he is always on the ice when the Sedin line is on. His shutdown abiltiies is often attributed to his superior partner (Mitchell, Hamhuis).

You remember what happens when we put Edler/Bieksa togher? Disaster. Why? Because Bieksa is not a strong enough player to anchor a #1 pairing. Bieksa can only support a great defensemen, he isn't a great one himself.

This is why Vancouver Canuck fans are so fail. They love their fighters more than anything. Yet when the going gets tough, the fighters don't up show up because of "team policy". This is why we are not going to win a Stanley Cup. We don't make the sacrificies to ice the best possible ICE HOCKEY team.

Look at LA. Look at Philly. They make the sacrificies and real "bold moves" that MG just likes to talk about. Players there earn their ice time, young guns get a chance.

Archived