The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not An Easy Job....

nuck luck

Things sure got complicated since Schneids started his campaign for the #1 spot in goal.

The Canucks started the series down by 2, even though Lou played phenomenal while the team couldn't put up any points. Time to try and add a spark to the team and give Schneids a chance...he might change the outcome of the series andcomes in and plays lights out but the Nucks still lose the 3rd, but he still retains the nod for the 4th game and the Nucks win (he played great again and legitimizes himself as the #1 goalie...I still don't blame Lou for this year and last).

Great gamble by AV & MG, they just increased Schneids trade value....but I don't think they were planning to do this at the demise of Lou. Now they need to decide on which goalie to keep and who will get traded as opposed to the initial thoughts of Lou as our #1 and trading Cory (at least from the start of the year). However, this decision is now out of the control of AV & MG and lies with the owners, seems like the decision will be made after they have a talk with MG.

If we decide on Schneids than great! He's proven himself to be in pole position and things might be for the better with a change in net. But lets not forget that Lou is experienced (and should do better when MG brings in a top 4Dman over the summer) while most goalies don't have the best season following a great rookie year.

If we stick with Lou and trade Schneids than the plan starts to sputter....Schneids stated that he won't sign a long-term deal unless Lou gets traded....and the backfire. Now, if we don't come to terms with finding Lou a new location soon or we don't sign Schneids before July 1st, he might get a huge offer, from plenty of teams, because management were forced to gamble and showcase Schneids for the trade market.

In the hopes of maximizing his trade value, we also increased the cost to retain him for another year either through arbitration or an offersheet.

Best case scenario....Toronto offers a ridiculous amount and we don't counter. But, we get 4 first rounders out of the deal. I couldn't pick a better team to get these picks from cause the odds are in our favor that, with the Leafs luck, they won't make the playoffs in the foreseeable future. We have a legitimate chance to acquire the 1st pick in the draft for four straight years. :towel:

I'll admit I didn't read it. I jumped to the second post and then wondered what you proposed, then saw the Toronto putting up a ridiculous offer sheet that would get us four 1st rounders in compensation. That would mean Toronto signs him to a deal with a $7.835+M cap hit. Strike one.

The next issue is you then say (assuming the first part was even possible) we'd likely have four top 1st rounder since the Leafs wouldn't make the playoffs. With Schneider, they'd be a lot closer and likely make the playoffs or just miss, so at best it'd be a mid-round pick. Toronto isn't that bad.

When that's the type of quality commentary I read, it makes me happy I didn't waste time reading the whole thread.

I'll admit I didn't read it. I jumped to the second post and then wondered what you proposed, then saw the Toronto putting up a ridiculous offer sheet that would get us four 1st rounders in compensation. That would mean Toronto signs him to a deal with a $7.835+M cap hit. Strike one.

The next issue is you then say (assuming the first part was even possible) we'd likely have four top 1st rounder since the Leafs wouldn't make the playoffs. With Schneider, they'd be a lot closer and likely make the playoffs or just miss, so at best it'd be a mid-round pick. Toronto isn't that bad.

When that's the type of quality commentary I read, it makes me happy I didn't waste time reading the whole thread.

you lost me at Schneids started his campaign..

people overlook how much money and time is invested in Vancouver goal tending...millions..millions....millions....

Canucks started this campaign...

Cory Schneider has the privilege to finish it...

just gotta be a baby Luongo...that's why he sat on the bench every night and took notes....

#IKnowHeCanDoIt

wow these sarcastic proposals are starting to get annoying.. just saying...

I think Toronto will send us an crazy offer that we can't refuse for luongo

and well win the deal... Gardiner macarthur + picks .. I'd love it!

Archived