The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not An Easy Job....

nuck luck

Still think you can get a decent return for Lu. Varlmov(sp?) resulted in a good return for Wash. and LU is greater investment then Kipper or Thomas imo. But Shnieds can net a even greater so I think thats what the owners and gillis have to decide.

Best case scenario....Toronto offers a ridiculous amount and we don't counter.  But, we get 4 first rounders out of the deal.   I couldn't pick a better team to get these picks from cause the odds are in our favor that, with the Leafs luck, they won't make the playoffs in the foreseeable future.  We have a legitimate chance to acquire the 1st pick in the draft for four straight years.  

So let's see if I got this right: Scheids is so good that without having played a season as a #1 goalie in the NHL, he can command a contract worthy of nearly an $8m cap hit. At the same time, this beast of a goaltender whose puck stopping abilities are so good that he's is worth the price of 4-1st round draft picks is not good enough to propel the Leafs into the playoffs?

I'm glad that you could see that I wasn't serious about getting four 1st rounders outta T.O.

Having said that, I don't know what it will be....but I think Burke will send us a crazy offer too. He can't afford to take any more chances and needs to make the playoffs. Out of everyone on the market, Lou is his best option.... The only goalie who has proven himself capable of handling a big market like T.O., not a rental that will be gone the following year and someone who is a legitimate starter.

Today, the Canucks and the fans will only be happy if they win the cup....nothing else. And the leafs will go crazy if they just make it to the finals.... Lou is the man!

Archived