Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edler's Mind Tricks

How Luongo's Contract Will Affect Trade Value... Not In The Way You Might Think.

124 posts in this topic

I fully agree. Thanks for posting the blog/article. I never saw his contract as a bad one. Once our owner coughed up the first 10 million it increased his value as an asset.

So many people are out to lunch saying it was a bad deal. He's one of the best at getting his team to the playoffs thus generating revenue for the team and nearing the end of his contract his value as an asset increases.

People need to read between the lines (maybe a terrible anology) of this contract. It was well thought out and meticulously constructed.

great read- makes it easier for people to understand that - his contract isn't so bad after all...

wow great stuff, i still say we keep him and if we dont gillis will give schneider a similar or bigger contract

So lets keep him instead!!! I hope....

But people saying Schnieder will be cheaper, not by any significant amount that would be the difference between getting a top player and not....only gonna be a matter of 1.5mil max, probably less, of a cheaper contract....Fans think Lu's contract is preventing us from getting a Shea Weber and Schnieder will be soo much cheaper

If people still believe that Luongo is an elite goalie in this league, then a $5.33 mil cap hit is not only manageable, but attractive. The problem is, many people don't believe that Luongo is in that elite category anymore. His numbers this year were pretty bad, and that was with the best team in the league in front of him. He has collapsed in the playoffs every year for the past 3 years (excluding this year when Schneider stole the #1 job). He's not getting any younger either. Even if a team is still very interested after considering all that, they have to realize that if they make the trade, they're locked in in a big way. These facts are enough to make any GM pause.

Can the trade be done? Probably. Will we get a good return for Luongo? No.

I never understood people hating Luongo's contract, 5.33 mil cap hit is a steal.

Either way, I still want Lu to stay, and to trade Schneider instead.

I think the media likes to troll canucks fans. I never had a thought about luongo's teade value going down because of the contrsct until the media mentioned it.

When really there are teams out there desperate for a goalie when we have 2!! A world talent at wayyy less cap hit then it should be. And a rookie looking to make a dent in our cap.

It wasn't the cap hit I was worried about. It was more the length. But after reading through the post, it looks like even the length wouldn't be too much of an issue because it's a front-loaded contract.

Man, I can think up a lot of people who should read this article and get educated.

Instead of a new lu thread every day why not wait and see?

Oh come on guys . Once again Luongo's thread . Why We r wasting our time for cheap topic every single day .

HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE . And we know that very well . Then why Guys ?

Please don't post Stupid Thread about luongo's trade .

Let's Tlk about world ice hockey championship .

Can burrows play against U S A ?