The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Plenty Of Fish Horror Stories

Stefan

You do realize that everything you're posting here on the board about this could be used as evidence if she decides to press charges (however unwarranted they may be)?

I don't think it could be "used as evidence against him"; however, there is a risk that it could compromise the case, which is a slight difference, which, if Stefan chose to file charges against the family, might not go through as smoothly as possible.

Hopefully Stefan isn't really using his real name and even if he was, it is no big deal, just as long as he isn't publishing his first AND last name as well as his address.

Stefan, you should seriously document to the police that his father called and said "you fracked with the wrong family". This is 100 percent harassment and even if he wasn't planning on doing anything, his father will 100 percent get into crap, considering his daughter made several false statements, as well as threatening the assault of a cat. He shouldn't be talking, period. He would only make the case worse for them.

Would you guys find it weird to see someone you know's profile on POF?

I mean, I made a profile just to check it out and I don't have a pic up yet, but I saw my friend's profile in my search results. She doesn't know I have one but I know she has one.

I mean, I made a profile just to check it out and I don't have a pic up yet, but I saw my friend's profile in my search results. She doesn't know I have one but I know she has one.

I know at least two people who have a profile on there. It is strange.

I know at least two people who have a profile on there. It is strange.

ask them out you jerks

You could always let her know. :bigblush:

My supervisor messaged my friend's friend looking for a hook-up. My friend recogized the person and forwarded a screenshot to me. Most disgusting profile/message I've ever read. I haven't been able to look at my supervisor the same way since then.

Hilarious story :lol:

My friend hooked up with this guy off PoF and he refused to call her by her real name all evening long. He kept treating her as though she was someone else and she basically figured out that he was still in love with his ex-gf who had just dumped him and he was trying to get her to role play and pretend that she was the ex. She got super freaked out, ran away from his apartment, and deleted her account lol.

Hilarious story :lol:

My friend hooked up with this guy off PoF and he refused to call her by her real name all evening long. He kept treating her as though she was someone else and she basically figured out that he was still in love with his ex-gf who had just dumped him and he was trying to get her to role play and pretend that she was the ex. She got super freaked out, ran away from his apartment, and deleted her account lol.

When a guy is that hooked with a girl, my god... Poor guy.

No.

Always have messaged for fun.

Most people are shy about being on POF, like there's some negative stigma attached to meeting people online... I mean aside from the death threats. But it's not like that's normal... haha.

If I saw a friend, I'd tease her. I have no problem with openly telling people I don't know if the conversation somehow calls for that discussion.

One thing I don't understand is why you would invite someone to your place right away.

I would choose to meet somewhere else, see if they're crazy and if they're not then I would invite them.

Hey, if he's not going to pick up on warning flags from her forest civilization description... :P

I moved to the lower mainland from a very small town back in 2006, so I thought I'd give the online scene a shot for the hell of it to see what happened and came across PoF. (Hilarious how that line is basically the way I opened my profile description, HA!).

For the most part, people on their are just there for curiosity and not that seroius. It's not just about hookups, there's people looking for that, but there's people just looking to haing out (like I was) and date too. I met a girl who I dated for a few months... but didn't work out. 4 years later we're still best friends and she's happily engaged.

I'd say AT LEAST 1/4 relationships for people under the age of 25 start online... there's lots of people that lie about it (we pretended we met at school to hide the fact we met online). I still hide the fact that I'm there but if you give it a shot onlien scene can acutally be BETTER because you can message, then progress to texting, then progress to meeting up... it's like "pre-screening" before you meet someone rather than meeting right away in person and running into bad situations... something the original poster didn't do!

Archived