The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Plenty Of Fish Horror Stories

Stefan

Have never tried any online dating services - never will. The fact that my ex's friends all use POF is reason enough for me to stay away.

We recently got a new Operations Manager at work and he set off alarm bells from the start with me....a coworker just told me he's actively on POF (with a really sleazy username). His g/f just gave birth to their baby, so I know I'd never cast out in the POF pool, knowing what I know about some of the clientele. I'll stick to the grocery store route I guess...

Besides, there's something in how a person reacts in person that's important to me...don't care about the other stuff that you can list as much as what my instincts read.

Where's the 'grocery store hookup horror stories' thread?

Seriously, there are crazies everywhere you go, online or not. This guy put away his crazy radar because she looked like Christina Ricci. So what difference does it make that they met online? They meet in a grocery store, she still looks like Christina Ricci, she's still insane, and the guy still puts away his crazy radar.

I met my wife online. It was as 'fateful' as meeting someone at random in public, since she was just 'checking the site out out of boredom' and didn't plan on doing too many dates with it.

Not saying that you can totally avoid crazies, fatties and sluts, (met all types), but if you treat it like a learning experience, take proper precautions, and collect some good stories along the way, what's the prob?

My stories are boring compared to the best one i heard, in which the guy was totally into this hot little thing until they met in public and he then realized that this hot little thing was in fact a midget. He went through the date if i recall. They ended with a handshake and she eventually met a guy from the lollipop guild i presume.

I remember this one time me and my buddy went to a party which was a complete sausage fest with a bunch of guys just sitting around and drinking..so, my friend and I start going through our phones to see if we can get some chicks out, my buddy tells me that he met a girl on POF and she has a friend with her.

So, of course, me trusting my friend and thinking I'm going to get some sweet action we rip down to a bowling ally where we agreed to meet them.. While we're waiting in the parking lot up pulls this BMW next to us. I'm thinking, nice!, classy chicks..so we roll down our windows and start shooting the sh*&, at this point I could only see their faces,..sure they weren't the hottest chicks on the planet but hey I was on a dry run for awhile, also mind you that I was about 8-9 drinks in..so my buddy suggests that her friend hop in with me and he'd jump in her car...(this is where the nightmare begins).

All along the girl that my buddy was talking to was bragging to my him that her friend was 'hot', she's a 'model' blah blah so I'm expecting this hot body at the very least and then out of her car walks out this HUGE mammoth of a girl, I swear my fingers couldn't reach the auto locks fast enough..so as my friend goes and sits in the other girls car the big chicks trying to get in to the one I'm in and my idiot friend opens the lock for her with his key!.

So I'm sitting in this Honda coupe with Precious while they drive off somewhere.. this girls trying to get real close to me and what not, meanwhile I'm relentlessly calling, texting my friend to tell him let's get the f outta here but he's not responding..thing about my friend is that when we go out, it's usually not him that gets the girls, so he's milking this opportunity.

So this girl starts telling me she's cold, trying to get close and tries to kiss my neck...finally I tell her I have to jump out for a smoke (I don't even smoke)..as I'm standing outside, one of my buddies calls me and we have this thing where we play along if we're ever in a 'certain' situation..so I start acting like he got into a major fight and I'd be there right away, I tell the girl to call to call her friend and let my friend know what happened, they come back, we kick it and I never ever went to go meet any chicks with that friend ever again after that event.

I remember this one time me and my buddy went to a party which was a complete sausage fest with a bunch of guys just sitting around and drinking..so, my friend and I start going through our phones to see if we can get some chicks out, my buddy tells me that he met a girl on POF and she has a friend with her.

So, of course, me trusting my friend and thinking I'm going to get some sweet action we rip down to a bowling ally where we agreed to meet them.. While we're waiting in the parking lot up pulls this BMW next to us. I'm thinking, nice!, classy chicks..so we roll down our windows and start shooting the sh*&, at this point I could only see their faces,..sure they weren't the hottest chicks on the planet but hey I was on a dry run for awhile, also mind you that I was about 8-9 drinks in..so my buddy suggests that her friend hop in with me and he'd jump in her car...(this is where the nightmare begins).

All along the girl that my buddy was talking to was bragging to my him that her friend was 'hot', she's a 'model' blah blah so I'm expecting this hot body at the very least and then out of her car walks out this HUGE mammoth of a girl, I swear my fingers couldn't reach the auto locks fast enough..so as my friend goes and sits in the other girls car the big chicks trying to get in to the one I'm in and my idiot friend opens the lock for her with his key!.

So I'm sitting in this Honda coupe with Precious while they drive off somewhere.. this girls trying to get real close to me and what not, meanwhile I'm relentlessly calling, texting my friend to tell him let's get the f outta here but he's not responding..thing about my friend is that when we go out, it's usually not him that gets the girls, so he's milking this opportunity.

So this girl starts telling me she's cold, trying to get close and tries to kiss my neck...finally I tell her I have to jump out for a smoke (I don't even smoke)..as I'm standing outside, one of my buddies calls me and we have this thing where we play along if we're ever in a 'certain' situation..so I start acting like he got into a major fight and I'd be there right away, I tell the girl to call to call her friend and let my friend know what happened, they come back, we kick it and I never ever went to go meet any chicks with that friend ever again after that event.

Archived