The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Plenty Of Fish Horror Stories

Stefan

So if there's anyone else who uses this website to meet new people, I'm sure you've had some decent experiences.

I met my last girlfriend off of there. Good looking girl, was with her for a year and a half. Met plenty of other great girls.

I guess I just wanted to share my msot recent experience, just for the sake of it, and to see if anyone else has had anything crazy happen.

So I meet this girl who allegedly wants to start a forest civilization, which is totally cool. I'm really open minded, and I thought it was cute. She wanted to ditch the monetary system, which sounded good to me, and just live in the forest with some friends and grow her own food and what not.

I picked her up at the skytrain, she was a bit shy at first, but opened up once we got to my place. We played some dance central, had a shot of tequila, and went to the bar. She was fully opened up here. Very friendly, lots of laughing, clicked well. Came back to my place. Things started to get weird. She cried at one point, because no one understood her about her forest plans. She eventually threatened to hang my cat by a plastic 6 pack of beer holder in my closet. She threatened to get her family after me. I eventually had to call the police as she would not leave. She claimed I tried to rape her, and I wouldn't let her stay at my house. I offered to let her stay in my spare bedroom, prior to her suggesting I'd wake up with my dead cat in my closet.

Anyways, the cops came, saw in their records that I'm not a psycho, and she is, and I've applied with the RCMP etc. She's in jail.

Anyone else got some cool stories? haha.

I've never been desperate enough to use a site like that.

EDIT: No offence to anyone that does. That sounded harsher than I meant it to... haha. It's just something I wouldn't do myself. Although I know of people that have met on those sites and they worked out okay, so depends on the person I guess.

i'm still having trouble believing this story...lol it's just so crazy.

so basically you message someone and ask them out? so it's like a blind date. i have never tried online dating myself but it sounds...interesting.

I never knew anyone ever tried that site. You'd figure people would stop after seeing some kid dressed up in a batman costume luring and literally trolling the pedophiles.

Unless you're trying to pick up under-age children then that isnt really a fear for you. I have a few buddies who use that site as a hookup site, and it works for them, again, none of them are going after children, so the fear of getting trolled by Batman decreases significantly.

Lol yikes.

I've heard of people using PoF and some people end up fine. PoF is just another outlet to meet people - I don't see what's wrong with it. However, stories like the one you shared, Stefan, really exaggerate the dating scene. That was just bad luck.

Any reason why she wanted to kill your cat so badly? She just needed a good pounding (and by that, I didn't mean physical violence against her). However, sleeping with her would have been a really bad idea, with her claiming you were trying to rape her.

Archived