The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Plenty Of Fish Horror Stories

Stefan

Ok, so I met this guy off POF at Wendy's. We chatted for a while, and the whole time he was trying to convince me to go for a ride in his car so that we could go check on his truck which was parked elsewhere. Finally, after asking so much, I decided to go for the ride. Dumbest thing you can do, I know. Anyway, he drives me all the way out on 16th to the church up on the hill. It's pitch black out. We get into his truck that is parked there and he starts it up to make sure its still running okay. So we're sitting there, and he starts tickling me. I told him to stop because I didn't like it and I didn't want him touching me. He wouldn't stop. Finally I convinced him to drive me to my friend's parents place so he wouldn't know where I lived. The next day he kept sending me messages about how he liked me and wanted to go out again. /delete

I know I got off really lucky because he could have raped me. Someone was looking out for me for sure.

I've never liked cat people either so I'm with her. /sarcasm

But I've used it with pretty good success in the past. Ironically, my fiancée was on there at the same time as me but we met randomly on the skytrain when I was going into work and she was going into school. Never once saw each other on PoF.

I just got on POF, went out with this girl a handful of times, no spark - but great friend. Lots of creepy people on there though - @_@

Internet dating works if you do it right. :P

Ok, so I met this guy off POF at Wendy's. We chatted for a while, and the whole time he was trying to convince me to go for a ride in his car so that we could go check on his truck which was parked elsewhere. Finally, after asking so much, I decided to go for the ride. Dumbest thing you can do, I know. Anyway, he drives me all the way out on 16th to the church up on the hill. It's pitch black out. We get into his truck that is parked there and he starts it up to make sure its still running okay. So we're sitting there, and he starts tickling me. I told him to stop because I didn't like it and I didn't want him touching me. He wouldn't stop. Finally I convinced him to drive me to my friend's parents place so he wouldn't know where I lived. The next day he kept sending me messages about how he liked me and wanted to go out again. /delete

I know I got off really lucky because he could have raped me. Someone was looking out for me for sure.

I thought this story was going to be OP's story but from the female perspective.

To the dude who said "you're desperate to use it".

I just got out of a relationship, and I've got no problem picking up girls. It's just another way to do so.

Anyways, here's a follow up...

I get a phone call this morning at 9. I say "Hello", there's no response, then they hang up.

I call back, it's her dad! (She's 22, still lives at her dads.)

He says "You f*cked with the wrong people"

I start trying to explain myself, and why she ended up in jail. I hear her in the back saying I tried to rape her (Which I didn't).

Conversation goes sour, I can hear that he's clearly driving, so I call the cops.

Get another threat from her online.

Christ... She knows where I live and has 3 brothers and a father to worry about.

So if there's anyone else who uses this website to meet new people, I'm sure you've had some decent experiences.

I met my last girlfriend off of there. Good looking girl, was with her for a year and a half. Met plenty of other great girls.

I guess I just wanted to share my msot recent experience, just for the sake of it, and to see if anyone else has had anything crazy happen.

So I meet this girl who allegedly wants to start a forest civilization, which is totally cool. I'm really open minded, and I thought it was cute. She wanted to ditch the monetary system, which sounded good to me, and just live in the forest with some friends and grow her own food and what not.

I picked her up at the skytrain, she was a bit shy at first, but opened up once we got to my place. We played some dance central, had a shot of tequila, and went to the bar. She was fully opened up here. Very friendly, lots of laughing, clicked well. Came back to my place. Things started to get weird. She cried at one point, because no one understood her about her forest plans. She eventually threatened to hang my cat by a plastic 6 pack of beer holder in my closet. She threatened to get her family after me. I eventually had to call the police as she would not leave. She claimed I tried to rape her, and I wouldn't let her stay at my house. I offered to let her stay in my spare bedroom, prior to her suggesting I'd wake up with my dead cat in my closet.

Anyways, the cops came, saw in their records that I'm not a psycho, and she is, and I've applied with the RCMP etc. She's in jail.

Anyone else got some cool stories? haha.

I just got out of a relationship, and I've got no problem picking up girls. It's just another way to do so.

I get a phone call this morning at 9. I say "Hello", there's no response, then they hang up.

I start trying to explain myself, and why she ended up in jail. I hear her in the back saying I tried to rape her (Which I didn't).

Conversation goes sour, I can hear that he's clearly driving, so I call the cops.

Christ... She knows where I live and has 3 brothers and a father to worry about.

You do realize that everything you're posting here on the board about this could be used as evidence if she decides to press charges (however unwarranted they may be)?

That sucks, I hope they don't don't start messing with you. If "crazy"runs in the family, maybe you better move.

Considering she's threatened me three times, and while the police were here, she pleaded her case and went to jail, I don't think she'll be charging me.

There was also no signs of any attempted rape, or anything like that.

So while I appreciate the advice, I don't believe I have anything to worry about. Let her press charges. I guess I'll see her in court in 4 years.

The girl needs psychiatric help.

i suggest moving if at all possible, not that you should have too but its a good preventative measure

Considering she's threatened me three times, and while the police were here, she pleaded her case and went to jail, I don't think she'll be charging me.

There was also no signs of any attempted rape, or anything like that.

So while I appreciate the advice, I don't believe I have anything to worry about. Let her press charges. I guess I'll see her in court in 4 years.

The girl needs psychiatric help.

She definitely sounds like a loony tune, that's for sure, Stefan. Glad to hear you survived the ordeal! (Document EVERYTHING - the phone calls, the threats, the emails, the contact initiated by her family....... EVERYTHING.)

Read the rest of my comment.

Hopefully they're all talk and start to leave you alone. Ya never know with some of those wonky families.

Archived