274 replies to this topic

#31 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

^ No, you're thinking of plenty of rabbits...
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#32 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

i prefer plenty of sheep cuz once you go sheep, you never go baa-aaa-ack.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#33 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

To the dude who said "you're desperate to use it".
I just got out of a relationship, and I've got no problem picking up girls. It's just another way to do so.

Anyways, here's a follow up...
I get a phone call this morning at 9. I say "Hello", there's no response, then they hang up.
I call back, it's her dad! (She's 22, still lives at her dads.)
He says "You f*cked with the wrong people"
I start trying to explain myself, and why she ended up in jail. I hear her in the back saying I tried to rape her (Which I didn't).
Conversation goes sour, I can hear that he's clearly driving, so I call the cops.
Get another threat from her online.
Christ... She knows where I live and has 3 brothers and a father to worry about.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#34 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

You do realize that everything you're posting here on the board about this could be used as evidence if she decides to press charges (however unwarranted they may be)?

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 05 May 2012 - 04:03 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#35 We Broke The Cup

We Broke The Cup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

I just got out of a relationship, and I've got no problem picking up girls. It's just another way to do so.

I get a phone call this morning at 9. I say "Hello", there's no response, then they hang up.
I start trying to explain myself, and why she ended up in jail. I hear her in the back saying I tried to rape her (Which I didn't).
Conversation goes sour, I can hear that he's clearly driving, so I call the cops.
Christ... She knows where I live and has 3 brothers and a father to worry about.

That sucks, I hope they don't don't start messing with you. If "crazy"runs in the family, maybe you better move.

#36 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Considering she's threatened me three times, and while the police were here, she pleaded her case and went to jail, I don't think she'll be charging me.
There was also no signs of any attempted rape, or anything like that.
So while I appreciate the advice, I don't believe I have anything to worry about. Let her press charges. I guess I'll see her in court in 4 years.
The girl needs psychiatric help.

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#37 Hamhuis Hip Check

Hamhuis Hip Check

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

i suggest moving if at all possible, not that you should have too but its a good preventative measure

#38 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Considering she's threatened me three times, and while the police were here, she pleaded her case and went to jail, I don't think she'll be charging me.
There was also no signs of any attempted rape, or anything like that.
So while I appreciate the advice, I don't believe I have anything to worry about. Let her press charges. I guess I'll see her in court in 4 years.
The girl needs psychiatric help.

She definitely sounds like a loony tune, that's for sure, Stefan. Glad to hear you survived the ordeal! (Document EVERYTHING - the phone calls, the threats, the emails, the contact initiated by her family....... EVERYTHING.)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 05 May 2012 - 04:15 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#39 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Read the rest of my comment.

#40 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hopefully they're all talk and start to leave you alone. Ya never know with some of those wonky families.

#41 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

You do realize that everything you're posting here on the board about this could be used as evidence if she decides to press charges (however unwarranted they may be)?

I don't think it could be "used as evidence against him"; however, there is a risk that it could compromise the case, which is a slight difference, which, if Stefan chose to file charges against the family, might not go through as smoothly as possible.

Hopefully Stefan isn't really using his real name and even if he was, it is no big deal, just as long as he isn't publishing his first AND last name as well as his address.

Stefan, you should seriously document to the police that his father called and said "you fracked with the wrong family". This is 100 percent harassment and even if he wasn't planning on doing anything, his father will 100 percent get into crap, considering his daughter made several false statements, as well as threatening the assault of a cat. He shouldn't be talking, period. He would only make the case worse for them.

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#42 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Would you guys find it weird to see someone you know's profile on POF?

I mean, I made a profile just to check it out and I don't have a pic up yet, but I saw my friend's profile in my search results. She doesn't know I have one but I know she has one.
Posted Image

#43 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

I mean, I made a profile just to check it out and I don't have a pic up yet, but I saw my friend's profile in my search results. She doesn't know I have one but I know she has one.

I know at least two people who have a profile on there. It is strange.

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Posted Image

#44 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

I know at least two people who have a profile on there. It is strange.

ask them out you jerks

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#45 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

You could always let her know. :bigblush:

#46 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

ask them out you jerks

The thing is, I know with some certainty that I'd never connect with them.

Posted Image

#47 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

The thing is, I know with some certainty that I'd never connect with them.

oh ok n/m

#48 chiklets

chiklets

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

My supervisor messaged my friend's friend looking for a hook-up. My friend recogized the person and forwarded a screenshot to me. Most disgusting profile/message I've ever read. I haven't been able to look at my supervisor the same way since then.
Posted Image

#49 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

ask them out you jerks

Nah, I would never date her. Plus, she's not hot.
Posted Image

#50 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

POPULAR

Nah, I would never date her. Plus, she's not hot.

omg you're actually a jerk lol

#51 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

My supervisor messaged my friend's friend looking for a hook-up. My friend recogized the person and forwarded a screenshot to me. Most disgusting profile/message I've ever read. I haven't been able to look at my supervisor the same way since then.

What was the message like?

Posted Image

#52 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,082 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hilarious story :lol:

My friend hooked up with this guy off PoF and he refused to call her by her real name all evening long. He kept treating her as though she was someone else and she basically figured out that he was still in love with his ex-gf who had just dumped him and he was trying to get her to role play and pretend that she was the ex. She got super freaked out, ran away from his apartment, and deleted her account lol.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#53 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hilarious story :lol:

My friend hooked up with this guy off PoF and he refused to call her by her real name all evening long. He kept treating her as though she was someone else and she basically figured out that he was still in love with his ex-gf who had just dumped him and he was trying to get her to role play and pretend that she was the ex. She got super freaked out, ran away from his apartment, and deleted her account lol.

When a guy is that hooked with a girl, my god... Poor guy.

Posted Image

#54 chiklets

chiklets

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

What was the message like?

Basically wanted a hook up and pictures were involved.
Posted Image

#55 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

No.
Always have messaged for fun.
Most people are shy about being on POF, like there's some negative stigma attached to meeting people online... I mean aside from the death threats. But it's not like that's normal... haha.
If I saw a friend, I'd tease her. I have no problem with openly telling people I don't know if the conversation somehow calls for that discussion.

#56 Horny Manatee

Horny Manatee

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

One thing I don't understand is why you would invite someone to your place right away.

I would choose to meet somewhere else, see if they're crazy and if they're not then I would invite them.
Posted Image
Lick my lollipops?

#57 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

One thing I don't understand is why you would invite someone to your place right away.

I would choose to meet somewhere else, see if they're crazy and if they're not then I would invite them.

Hey, if he's not going to pick up on warning flags from her forest civilization description... :P

#58 Gentleman's_Honor

Gentleman's_Honor

K-Wing Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

POPULAR

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

You must be a hoot at parties, dear madam.

Hmmm, quite.

Posted Image

#59 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 11,207 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

The worst thing I've ever ran into are photo's that are a few years old or the embellishment of their jobs.

If you've put on 75 pounds since the last photo it's time to update, and being a line cook at Boston Pizza does not make you a Chef.

fzbyi9.jpg

#60 LuongoG1

LuongoG1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

I moved to the lower mainland from a very small town back in 2006, so I thought I'd give the online scene a shot for the hell of it to see what happened and came across PoF. (Hilarious how that line is basically the way I opened my profile description, HA!).

For the most part, people on their are just there for curiosity and not that seroius. It's not just about hookups, there's people looking for that, but there's people just looking to haing out (like I was) and date too. I met a girl who I dated for a few months... but didn't work out. 4 years later we're still best friends and she's happily engaged.

I'd say AT LEAST 1/4 relationships for people under the age of 25 start online... there's lots of people that lie about it (we pretended we met at school to hide the fact we met online). I still hide the fact that I'm there but if you give it a shot onlien scene can acutally be BETTER because you can message, then progress to texting, then progress to meeting up... it's like "pre-screening" before you meet someone rather than meeting right away in person and running into bad situations... something the original poster didn't do!

Edited by LuongoG1, 06 May 2012 - 01:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.