#91 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Lol, just realised that.
Who the hell goes to wendies? I wouldn't even take a girl I've been dating for a month to wendies.

Probably because you want to take a girl to multiple 'Wendy's' locations.
Posted Image

#92 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

I don't get the negative stigma attached to meeting someone online. My best friends met online and they're happily married and have two kids. I've tried it (to varying degree's of success...not really looking for hookups anymore, something long term), and I've met some cool people and even some really good friends. I work at a pretty small office and my circle of friends doesn't lead me to meeting many new people (two big places areas most people meet partners), and I'm not into the clubbing/bar scene, so online is by far the best way to meet people for people like me.

I haven't really had a 'negative' experience, though I've heard of some bad ones, including a girl I dated who said her friend met a guy on pof, they clicked really well when they messaged for a week or so, and he seemed quite good looking to her, but when they finally met up he had an amputated arm...which she didn't really say anything about and went through with the date, but she felt it was something he would bring up before meeting. The next day she got a call from him that "she wasn't what he was looking for" hah.

I guess it depends on the profile, but I don't often get the crazies because I've made it pretty clear I'm not a nut job either, but I've seen some of the messages women get on there, even if their profile doesn't scream "whore", it's pretty bad.

#93 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I just spent the last 30 minutes reading every response in this thread. I don't think I've ever given so many +1's in one day before.

This thread is awesome! Nice job everyone!

#94 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Been on POF since 2010 and have had NOTHING but fat girls message me. It's like there is something on my profile that says, Heyyy I like fat women because I get nothing but messages from that one segment of the POF population.

That's not to say I haven't banged my share from there, but it's not going any further than that until I can start seeing some hips.

what if they were of Asian descent?
Posted Image

#95 KittenMittons

KittenMittons

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

I think POF is a legitimate way of meeting people. In my case, the majority of my friends are female, I work with mainly females and gay men, and when i'm at school, I focus on school. I tried it once for fun and all in all it was a good experience. Although, you will get a ton of creepy messages. It comes with the territory, but if you can sift out the freaks, you actually end up meeting some awesome people.

The one horror story that sticks out in my mind is a guy who messaged me asking if he could eat food out of my cleft chin...

#96 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,504 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

I think POF is a legitimate way of meeting people. In my case, the majority of my friends are female, I work with mainly females and gay men, and when i'm at school, I focus on school. I tried it once for fun and all in all it was a good experience. Although, you will get a ton of creepy messages. It comes with the territory, but if you can sift out the freaks, you actually end up meeting some awesome people.

The one horror story that sticks out in my mind is a guy who messaged me asking if he could eat food out of my cleft chin...

Agreed.
Some people are just in a situation different than their own where their only option is to just go out to a grocery store and make a cliche melon joke while in produce or meet some half passed out chick at a club.

I worked with dudes in the Army sprinkled in with the odd Army girl, and nobody wants to date an Army girl.

Edited by diesel_3, 07 May 2012 - 11:19 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#97 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Every guy I know who uses PoF is either married or in a relationship already and looking for discreet hookups.

Posted Image

#98 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

In my experiences with POF i have only found women looking for one night stands. Maybe thats how some guys roll, but not me. Out of frustration I searched for other free dating sites.

I stumbled upon ok cupid, met my girlfriend within two weeks. Could possibly be lucky, but there were atleast 3 other girls i had been talking back and forth with before I decided on a girl (now with me). Toughest decision of my life, choosing between people. I ended up sending the other girls messages just explaining the situation and they were cool with it. Wished me luck etc.

Anyways, ok cupid has been good to me :) no longer need it.
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#99 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Wow, the horrifying story that gets more horrifying everyday. What a doozy.

Good luck buddy!

#100 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

ive met a ton of chicks on pof. some are great..some not so great. the power of internet dating. ahha
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#101 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

edit: pics?

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 08 May 2012 - 12:38 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#102 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

POPULAR

Every guy I know who uses PoF is either married or in a relationship already and looking for discreet hookups.

Seems like you know a bunch of crappy guys.

#103 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,414 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

My parents bought me and my sibling a big tank with tons of little fish. One day I got home and went to feed the fish only to find out that the tank was in the garbage can.

Damn you!!!!

Fish!!!!

Subbancopy.jpg

#104 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I just signed up (Was bored. Like really bored... and lonely...) :o

What should I expect?

Should I be scared? :o

Edited by (>'-')>, 24 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#105 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,881 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

POF is going downhill. They are slowly removing more and more free features that are going to pay to play.

#106 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

POF sounds like an online sperm donor website to me :lol:
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#107 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Would girls be attracted if I put my headline as: "Ladies, I'm a grower, not a shower ;)"?

Or would that just creep them out...

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#108 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,557 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

I'm so glad I didn't have to go through any of the intense dating rigmarole, My first girlfriend, whom I met at university, became my wife. We were great friends and the relationship just evolved naturally. I didn't have to sift through a cornucopia of crazy women, online dating, mad breakups and awkward first dates. I know that's not how it's supposed to go, especially in this day and age, but I guess I'm just lucky.

#109 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

I've never had an awkward first date from pof.
And I wouldn't count the psycho date awkward. Just intense.
Really intense.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#110 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Would girls be attracted if I put my headline as: "Ladies, I'm a grower, not a shower ;)"?

Or would that just creep them out...

Yeah I'd avoid anything sexual at all in a profile.
Make it stand out, but not make them think twice about messaging you.

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#111 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Met one person off POF.. Hit by the myspace photos.. wasnt AS bad as it could have been.. but still was not impressed with what I seen when I met her.. :sick:

#112 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm going to start a website called plentyoffishwithoutdependents.com

money in the bank, though it'll be basically nonexistent in small towns

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#113 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yeah. Major lesson. Always ask to add to fb, or ask for more pictures. Definitely Facebook. It's a must now for me.

#114 masutheakita

masutheakita

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

these stories would be better with profiles...

#115 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,557 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm going to start a website called plentyoffishwithoutdependents.com

money in the bank, though it'll be basically nonexistent in small towns

www.acoupleoffishwithoutdependents.com

Edited by avelanch, 25 May 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#116 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

http://www.dailymail...ng-website.html

Rapist knocked out secretary's teeth in brutal attack after meeting her on plentyoffish.com dating website
  • Attacker 'switched' when his date pulled away from a kiss
  • Victim thought she was 'going to die' as Peter Ramsey, 26, rained down punches
  • Ramsey jailed for 12 years after being convicted of rape, wounding with intent to cause GBH and theft
  • His GIRLFRIEND has stood by him and been his only visitor in prison

By SUZANNAH HILLS

PUBLISHED: 17:01 GMT, 25 May 2012 | UPDATED: 23:44 GMT, 25 May 2012

Posted Image
Jailed: Peter Ramsey given 12 years in prison for raping and assaulting a woman after he met on the online dating website plentyoffish.com

A rapist who beat a legal secretary and left her ‘unrecognisable’ at the end of their first date was jailed for 12 years yesterday.

Peter Ramsey, 26, punched the woman to the ground, ripped her clothing and raped her when she refused him a goodnight kiss at her front door.

He knocked out one of her front teeth and left her with 21 injuries as he ran off with her underwear as a trophy.

He was caught after using the victim’s Oyster travelcard to board a night bus within minutes of the attack in Clapham, south-west London, Inner London Crown Court heard.

Judge Patricia Lees told Ramsey: ‘The gratuitous violence was wholly unnecessary. It severely aggravates the rape.’

Ramsey and the woman had spent four days chatting on the PlentyofFish.com dating site before they arranged to meet for drinks in Brixton.

Ramsey was using a false name as he was cheating on his girlfriend.

The victim later said: ‘He seemed like a nice guy. I thought we had a lot in common.’

They arrived at her flat in the early hours of August 27 last year but when he lent in for a kiss and she pulled back, he ‘switched’.

More...

In the communal entrance to the block, he pinned her against the wall and rained punches on her face.

Posted Image
Ramsey met his victim on the online dating website plentyoffish.com, which claims to be 'responsible for more relationships than any other dating site', but attacked her when she refused a goodnight kiss on their first date

When she screamed he used one hand to cover her mouth and pinch her nose, while hitting her with the other fist. 'I thought I was going to die,’ she told the court.

Ramsey, of no fixed address, who had been staying with friends in Forest Hill, south-east London, claimed he and the woman had consensual sex and said he did not need to rape because he could get anyone he wanted.

Posted Image
Ramsey denied the charges but was found guilty by a jury at Inner London Crown Court in Southwark

He was convicted of rape, wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and theft.

Lesley Manley, defending, said Ramsey’s girlfriend had decided to stay with him and had been his only visitor in prison.

Detective Constable Richard Huggins said later: ‘I would urge people using dating websites to vet the people they meet before they spend time alone.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1w1c97iVM

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#117 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

So I was planning on meeting this girl I met on POF, out of curiosity I googled 'POF horror stories' and this thread came up lol..after reading some of these stories here, I can't stop laughing...my moms looking at me like 'wtf is wrong with you'!

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#118 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

I bet she's a Taurus
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#119 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Who's idea was it to meet at a Wendy's? I guess thats the pof restaurant of choice.

I t5hought It'd be Long John Silver's!!
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#120 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,910 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Have never tried any online dating services - never will. The fact that my ex's friends all use POF is reason enough for me to stay away.

We recently got a new Operations Manager at work and he set off alarm bells from the start with me....a coworker just told me he's actively on POF (with a really sleazy username). His g/f just gave birth to their baby, so I know I'd never cast out in the POF pool, knowing what I know about some of the clientele. I'll stick to the grocery store route I guess...

Besides, there's something in how a person reacts in person that's important to me...don't care about the other stuff that you can list as much as what my instincts read.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.