The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Plenty Of Fish Horror Stories

Stefan

Haha some of these stories are hilarious but this goes to show the best place to meet people is not online lol. Some of you seem like you just want to get it in amirite?

At the time, yes. I dated a girl for over a year from that site when I lived in Edmonton, she turned pretty nutty but the worst part about her was her Mom.

This girl was 22 years old and lived at home (Along with her 24 year old sister) Her mom wouldn't let her out past 9pm, They weren't allowed to go in the kitchen without permission, they weren't allowed to use the washer or dryer and they had these creepy photo shoots with their 2 poodles dressed in various outfits LOL.

Haha some of these stories are hilarious but this goes to show the best place to meet people is not online lol. Some of you seem like you just want to get it in amirite?

Well like I said I've met some great women online.

And it's not like crazy girls don't exist in clubs, and other typical places to meet girls. I actually find you can scan for the crazies better online. I always check facebook. She slipped under the radar.

Ok, so I met this guy off POF at Wendy's. We chatted for a while, and the whole time he was trying to convince me to go for a ride in his car so that we could go check on his truck which was parked elsewhere. Finally, after asking so much, I decided to go for the ride. Dumbest thing you can do, I know. Anyway, he drives me all the way out on 16th to the church up on the hill. It's pitch black out. We get into his truck that is parked there and he starts it up to make sure its still running okay. So we're sitting there, and he starts tickling me. I told him to stop because I didn't like it and I didn't want him touching me. He wouldn't stop. Finally I convinced him to drive me to my friend's parents place so he wouldn't know where I lived. The next day he kept sending me messages about how he liked me and wanted to go out again. /delete

I know I got off really lucky because he could have raped me. Someone was looking out for me for sure.

Who's idea was it to meet at a Wendy's? I guess thats the pof restaurant of choice.

Not a horror story, but met this girl on e harmony, started flirting with me, then she said, she needed 1000.00 bucks for her sick father, At that point I knew she was a scam artist.

be honest you figured it out after you gave you paid her for the third time right?

Who's idea was it to meet at a Wendy's? I guess thats the pof restaurant of choice.

Lol, just realised that.

Who the hell goes to wendies? I wouldn't even take a girl I've been dating for a month to wendies.

And they haven't talked to me since I had the police call them and tell them to stop...

I don't get the negative stigma attached to meeting someone online. My best friends met online and they're happily married and have two kids. I've tried it (to varying degree's of success...not really looking for hookups anymore, something long term), and I've met some cool people and even some really good friends. I work at a pretty small office and my circle of friends doesn't lead me to meeting many new people (two big places areas most people meet partners), and I'm not into the clubbing/bar scene, so online is by far the best way to meet people for people like me.

I haven't really had a 'negative' experience, though I've heard of some bad ones, including a girl I dated who said her friend met a guy on pof, they clicked really well when they messaged for a week or so, and he seemed quite good looking to her, but when they finally met up he had an amputated arm...which she didn't really say anything about and went through with the date, but she felt it was something he would bring up before meeting. The next day she got a call from him that "she wasn't what he was looking for" hah.

I guess it depends on the profile, but I don't often get the crazies because I've made it pretty clear I'm not a nut job either, but I've seen some of the messages women get on there, even if their profile doesn't scream "whore", it's pretty bad.

Been on POF since 2010 and have had NOTHING but fat girls message me. It's like there is something on my profile that says, Heyyy I like fat women because I get nothing but messages from that one segment of the POF population.

That's not to say I haven't banged my share from there, but it's not going any further than that until I can start seeing some hips.

what if they were of Asian descent?

I think POF is a legitimate way of meeting people. In my case, the majority of my friends are female, I work with mainly females and gay men, and when i'm at school, I focus on school. I tried it once for fun and all in all it was a good experience. Although, you will get a ton of creepy messages. It comes with the territory, but if you can sift out the freaks, you actually end up meeting some awesome people.

The one horror story that sticks out in my mind is a guy who messaged me asking if he could eat food out of my cleft chin...

I think POF is a legitimate way of meeting people. In my case, the majority of my friends are female, I work with mainly females and gay men, and when i'm at school, I focus on school. I tried it once for fun and all in all it was a good experience. Although, you will get a ton of creepy messages. It comes with the territory, but if you can sift out the freaks, you actually end up meeting some awesome people.

The one horror story that sticks out in my mind is a guy who messaged me asking if he could eat food out of my cleft chin...

Agreed.

Some people are just in a situation different than their own where their only option is to just go out to a grocery store and make a cliche melon joke while in produce or meet some half passed out chick at a club.

I worked with dudes in the Army sprinkled in with the odd Army girl, and nobody wants to date an Army girl.

In my experiences with POF i have only found women looking for one night stands. Maybe thats how some guys roll, but not me. Out of frustration I searched for other free dating sites.

I stumbled upon ok cupid, met my girlfriend within two weeks. Could possibly be lucky, but there were atleast 3 other girls i had been talking back and forth with before I decided on a girl (now with me). Toughest decision of my life, choosing between people. I ended up sending the other girls messages just explaining the situation and they were cool with it. Wished me luck etc.

Anyways, ok cupid has been good to me :) no longer need it.

Archived