274 replies to this topic

#121 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

A friend of mine went to meet the lady he got matched with on a dating site a few years ago (can't remember if it was PoF or not) and when he got there it was his single Aunt.

:o
Posted Image
Posted Image

#122 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,802 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

POPULAR

Have never tried any online dating services - never will. The fact that my ex's friends all use POF is reason enough for me to stay away.

We recently got a new Operations Manager at work and he set off alarm bells from the start with me....a coworker just told me he's actively on POF (with a really sleazy username). His g/f just gave birth to their baby, so I know I'd never cast out in the POF pool, knowing what I know about some of the clientele. I'll stick to the grocery store route I guess...

Besides, there's something in how a person reacts in person that's important to me...don't care about the other stuff that you can list as much as what my instincts read.

Just hit on guys here at CDC. That's what I do (not guys though)

Edited by :D, 21 October 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#123 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,012 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Where's the 'grocery store hookup horror stories' thread?

Seriously, there are crazies everywhere you go, online or not. This guy put away his crazy radar because she looked like Christina Ricci. So what difference does it make that they met online? They meet in a grocery store, she still looks like Christina Ricci, she's still insane, and the guy still puts away his crazy radar.

I met my wife online. It was as 'fateful' as meeting someone at random in public, since she was just 'checking the site out out of boredom' and didn't plan on doing too many dates with it.

Not saying that you can totally avoid crazies, fatties and sluts, (met all types), but if you treat it like a learning experience, take proper precautions, and collect some good stories along the way, what's the prob?

My stories are boring compared to the best one i heard, in which the guy was totally into this hot little thing until they met in public and he then realized that this hot little thing was in fact a midget. He went through the date if i recall. They ended with a handshake and she eventually met a guy from the lollipop guild i presume.
Posted Image

#124 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I remember this one time me and my buddy went to a party which was a complete sausage fest with a bunch of guys just sitting around and drinking..so, my friend and I start going through our phones to see if we can get some chicks out, my buddy tells me that he met a girl on POF and she has a friend with her.
So, of course, me trusting my friend and thinking I'm going to get some sweet action we rip down to a bowling ally where we agreed to meet them.. While we're waiting in the parking lot up pulls this BMW next to us. I'm thinking, nice!, classy chicks..so we roll down our windows and start shooting the sh*&, at this point I could only see their faces,..sure they weren't the hottest chicks on the planet but hey I was on a dry run for awhile, also mind you that I was about 8-9 drinks in..so my buddy suggests that her friend hop in with me and he'd jump in her car...(this is where the nightmare begins).
All along the girl that my buddy was talking to was bragging to my him that her friend was 'hot', she's a 'model' blah blah so I'm expecting this hot body at the very least and then out of her car walks out this HUGE mammoth of a girl, I swear my fingers couldn't reach the auto locks fast enough..so as my friend goes and sits in the other girls car the big chicks trying to get in to the one I'm in and my idiot friend opens the lock for her with his key!.
So I'm sitting in this Honda coupe with Precious while they drive off somewhere.. this girls trying to get real close to me and what not, meanwhile I'm relentlessly calling, texting my friend to tell him let's get the f outta here but he's not responding..thing about my friend is that when we go out, it's usually not him that gets the girls, so he's milking this opportunity.
So this girl starts telling me she's cold, trying to get close and tries to kiss my neck...finally I tell her I have to jump out for a smoke (I don't even smoke)..as I'm standing outside, one of my buddies calls me and we have this thing where we play along if we're ever in a 'certain' situation..so I start acting like he got into a major fight and I'd be there right away, I tell the girl to call to call her friend and let my friend know what happened, they come back, we kick it and I never ever went to go meet any chicks with that friend ever again after that event.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#125 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

I would rather live by myself in a damp cave than expose myself to such "adventures" .. amazingly, having a sense of humor and an open personality works just fine ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#126 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

I remember this one time me and my buddy went to a party which was a complete sausage fest with a bunch of guys just sitting around and drinking..so, my friend and I start going through our phones to see if we can get some chicks out, my buddy tells me that he met a girl on POF and she has a friend with her.
So, of course, me trusting my friend and thinking I'm going to get some sweet action we rip down to a bowling ally where we agreed to meet them.. While we're waiting in the parking lot up pulls this BMW next to us. I'm thinking, nice!, classy chicks..so we roll down our windows and start shooting the sh*&, at this point I could only see their faces,..sure they weren't the hottest chicks on the planet but hey I was on a dry run for awhile, also mind you that I was about 8-9 drinks in..so my buddy suggests that her friend hop in with me and he'd jump in her car...(this is where the nightmare begins).
All along the girl that my buddy was talking to was bragging to my him that her friend was 'hot', she's a 'model' blah blah so I'm expecting this hot body at the very least and then out of her car walks out this HUGE mammoth of a girl, I swear my fingers couldn't reach the auto locks fast enough..so as my friend goes and sits in the other girls car the big chicks trying to get in to the one I'm in and my idiot friend opens the lock for her with his key!.
So I'm sitting in this Honda coupe with Precious while they drive off somewhere.. this girls trying to get real close to me and what not, meanwhile I'm relentlessly calling, texting my friend to tell him let's get the f outta here but he's not responding..thing about my friend is that when we go out, it's usually not him that gets the girls, so he's milking this opportunity.
So this girl starts telling me she's cold, trying to get close and tries to kiss my neck...finally I tell her I have to jump out for a smoke (I don't even smoke)..as I'm standing outside, one of my buddies calls me and we have this thing where we play along if we're ever in a 'certain' situation..so I start acting like he got into a major fight and I'd be there right away, I tell the girl to call to call her friend and let my friend know what happened, they come back, we kick it and I never ever went to go meet any chicks with that friend ever again after that event.

chubby girls need lovin too

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#127 BoggyDepot

BoggyDepot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

I remember this one time..............................................
and I never ever went to go meet any chicks with that friend ever again after that event.

He probably feels the same way about you. All I got out of that story is that you fail as a wingman :P
------------------------------------------------------------

#128 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

chubby girls need lovin too

He probably feels the same way about you. All I got out of that story is that you fail as a wingman :P

This chick needed some facial waxing.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#129 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

This chick needed some facial waxing.

you could have had yourself a Phenomenon sensual shaving scene type romance going on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYlPKnNnhaw

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 21 October 2012 - 07:23 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#130 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Too many fat chicks, christian chicks and dirty fake tan sloots on that site.

#131 moz

moz

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

When I used to be on it it was full of creepy guys. I remember this one guy went mental on me because I wouldn't reply to him :mellow: I'm surprised it's still going.

30arfw2.gif

Thanks to myself for the sig

#132 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

I've had better luck with CDC than POF
Posted Image

#133 moz

moz

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Same here. Met nobody offline on POF. I live with someone I met on CDC.

30arfw2.gif

Thanks to myself for the sig

#134 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,802 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

I live with someone I met on CDC.

Is it platonic ;) ;) ;)

#135 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I think we've all tried our luck with Ashleigh,

Posted Image

#136 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Gerg, 24 October 2012 - 06:11 AM.

Posted Image

#137 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think we've all tried our luck with Ashleigh,

Haha.
We were actually supposed to meet up.
She's got some niceeeee photos.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#138 Canuck Bunny

Canuck Bunny

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

If I had known I could have hit on the guys here on CDC I definitely would not of gone on POF, needless to say none of those worked out long term and I met my current boyfriend through work.

#139 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

in before someone hits on Canuck bunny.

#140 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,573 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

If I had known I could have hit on the guys here on CDC I definitely would not of gone on POF, needless to say none of those worked out long term and I met my current boyfriend through work.

i've heard a lot about the "short term" prospects on POF. i didn't actually believe it though!

on one hand, I view that website has a great place for people who "enjoy hiking, hanging out with friends, and camping" to hang out with each other... on the other hand, I view it as a pile of syphilis growing like the yeast.
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#141 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,710 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Haha.

pics or it didnt happen?

#142 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

pics or it didnt happen?

Haha that wouldn't be fair to her.

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#143 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

sure it would.

#144 Canuck Bunny

Canuck Bunny

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

I can't believe this is what the lockout is doing to me, I miss the game day threads :( Instead I'm reading and replying to this topic as I'm so bored at my office job.

As for looking for short term or long term on POF, if I wanted a hangout friend to go camping/hiking I might have had better luck picking up girls, as for the guys I met on there I had to tell one in particular (who I came to realize quickly was a narcissist and controlling) that there was no way I was ever going to be good enough for him or make him happy and be what he wanted as heaven forbid I tell him it was his fault I didn't want to hangout with him any longer lol He agreed with me and said he knew that all along but that he hoped me could change me hahaha I saw him driving a taxi about two months ago, glad I got out of that one. It's almost a full time screening job going through all the messages in your inbox, it takes a lot of time to go through each one, I do recall messaging a few guys back and stating that if they continue to attempt to pick girls up by being overtly sexual and grotesque they will be forever single and a few I wish could forward on to there mothers as they would be disappointed to know how there sons have turned out. I don't miss the site :)

#145 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,573 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

POPULAR

from this point forward we should all post in this thread stream-of-consciousness style like canuck bunny did in the above post in telling her experiences about a dating site in specific a guy she met who sounds remarkably similar to myself no not the narcissist controlling guy but the overtly sexual and grotesque one i'm hungry but the afternoon is too young for dinner but it seems too late for lunch i wonder what time it is without the sun i just don't know
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#146 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

from this point forward we should all post in this thread stream-of-consciousness style like canuck bunny did in the above post in telling her experiences about a dating site in specific a guy she met who sounds remarkably similar to myself no not the narcissist controlling guy but the overtly sexual and grotesque one i'm hungry but the afternoon is too young for dinner but it seems too late for lunch i wonder what time it is without the sun i just don't know

I'm slacking off at work (hence the reading and responding to this thread), and kind of hungry.
Will the rain ever stop? Remember when people missed the rain, well I did.
Anyways. I can't wait until my next meal. Fooooood!

#147 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Haha.

Oh man what happened?

I think there are some photos in that "rate your body" thread.

Posted Image

#148 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,802 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

I can't believe this is what the lockout is doing to me, I miss the game day threads :( Instead I'm reading and replying to this topic as I'm so bored at my office job.

As for looking for short term or long term on POF, if I wanted a hangout friend to go camping/hiking I might have had better luck picking up girls, as for the guys I met on there I had to tell one in particular (who I came to realize quickly was a narcissist and controlling) that there was no way I was ever going to be good enough for him or make him happy and be what he wanted as heaven forbid I tell him it was his fault I didn't want to hangout with him any longer lol He agreed with me and said he knew that all along but that he hoped me could change me hahaha I saw him driving a taxi about two months ago, glad I got out of that one. It's almost a full time screening job going through all the messages in your inbox, it takes a lot of time to go through each one, I do recall messaging a few guys back and stating that if they continue to attempt to pick girls up by being overtly sexual and grotesque they will be forever single and a few I wish could forward on to there mothers as they would be disappointed to know how there sons have turned out. I don't miss the site :)

If you're looking for a gentleman, we should talk.

#149 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

POPULAR

If you're looking for a gentleman, we should talk.

there it is.

#150 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'd love to make a fake profile and go on a date and just frack around, not pick up the tab but still give the gal a glimmer of hope. Yes, I'm an asshole.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.