The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can La Do Something That Has Never Been Done Before?

Nail

Hey guys, just wondering, but does anyone know if a #8 seed knocks out the #1,2,3,4 seeds in the playoffs in that order? It may happen with LA. They beat Vancouver (1) in the 1st round, they have a chance to beat St.Louis (2) in the 2nd round, if they advance they'd probably play Phoenix (3), and if they advance there they could maybe play Philadelphia (4). That's pretty cool if you ask me, and I'm wondering if anyone has done it before.

Guest BuckFoston

No, they can't. They won't beat the Yotes. And if they face Preds instead and beat them, they won't beat the East in the final.

Got money on it, don't plan to be poor come June.

If they make it to the cup I will probably root for them. LA may have eliminated us but if getting to the finals means they beat out 3 of the top 4 seeds in the west to get there? They would deserve it.

Yeah, I have been trying not to cheer for LA, but it just keeps happening anyway, so I've given up. I'm cheering for LA.

I also like the Capitals.

I think it's an interesting playoffs, cause a lot of teams that were expected to go deep didn't.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

L.A. winning a Stanley Cup will just hurt even more :(

* Last year Boston

* This year Los Angeles ?

* 2010 - Chicago

Despite beating us, I love what LA has done with their team the last 2 years. Lots of bold moves with a mix of finesse, grit, and young guys, while adding that common veteran presence in Willie Mitchell. Dustin Brown is just a beast on the PK.

If LA wins the cup, the Vancouver Canucks will officially be the "Good Luck Chuck" of hockey teams. Past teams that recently won the cup: Bruins, Blackhawks, Ducks ... ALL beat the Canucks along the way. If LA does it as well, then what is that ... 4 of the past 6 or 7 teams to win the cup that have beaten Vancouver along the way?

I hope the Caps make it to the final and win the Cup. LA is a real good team and works so hard, how can you not cheer for them. I've always like the Devils as well and wouldn't mind seeing Brodeur win another Cup.

Right now it can go so many ways and most games are so close its hard to predict anything. The only team that's dominating the opposition is the LA Kings, but who knows how they will do against another hot goalie in the next round if Smith and the Yotes make it thru.

The Flames were the only team to beat all three Div winners in the West in 2004, of course Sutter did that behind the bench in Calgary.

If he faces the Yotes and goes to the Cup, he will have coached the only two teams in history to pull off the feat.

The other amusing thing that may happen is if Sutter faces the Rangers with Torts behind the bench. It will be a coaching rematch from 2004 as well when Sutter coached the Flames and Torts coached the Bolts.

Bettman of course would love to have an L.A. vs New York Cup Final. Ratings orgasm.

Archived