The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth's Value..play Him Or Trade Him

6string

Keep him. He was on pace for 20-25 goals last season and can only get better. He's young, big, has a taste for playoff hockey now and is exactly what this team needs more off. I'd rather see a big physical goal scorer on our top line and Burrows on the 2nd, but Booth and Kesler should gel nicely with Higgins.

I have lesser expectations than I expect Kesler to have some ware between 68-80 points while expect Booth to have between 63-70 points and both should atleast have 30 goals. I am sorry if you are expecting more than that form Booth because you are probably going to be one very disappointed person.

sorry but i dis-agree and what do the bruins have to do with this ( we will only play them twice next year - reg. season), i recall CORRECTLY torres completley disappeared against the bruins and booth is no where near as aggressive or gritty as raffe.

do my math as i replied to earlier....he had 29 pts in 56 games...if you double the total of 56 games played ( 112 )....now double his point production to 112 games played , his total is 58 pts!

at this rate he would have 58 points in 112 games.

your expecting 63 - 70 pts in 82 games with 30 goals!...your expectations are lofty, i'm expecting he'll produce some 50 to 60 maximum pts if your lucky, but more likely high 40's to low 50's.

Definately a keeper. Next season, I suspect we will see an improvement in his play and that of the second line. This being said, the second line could use a play-making winger who has speed.

Otherwise, Booth is worth more in any kind of trade than Samuelsson and Sturm. Were he be moved as part of the anticipated Luongo/Schneider trade then the Canucks should expect someone very good in return.

regards,

G.

Higgins - Kes - (Sammy) (YES, I'd sign Samuelsson if they can't find another play making winger who can also score some, and that's what Sammy is :P both Higgins and Sammy can shoot or pass since Kes won't, and the whole line can play physically)

but as you said above 35 points in points in 42 games if doubled that equals 70 points for booth in around 84 games not 50 to 60 points maximum I am pretty sure that is a contradiction of what you just said

I think the lines during the off season will look like

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - _____

______ - ______ - ______

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - _____

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - _____

Then the empty slots will gradually fill up as the season gets closer.

Can't give up on Booth. He has the hands, size, and speed that every team wants.

He's going to skate with Kesler all summer. So they'll develop chemistry and hopefully push each other in training.

Archived