I think the lines during the off season will look like

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - _____

______ - ______ - ______

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - _____

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - _____

Then the empty slots will gradually fill up as the season gets closer.

I dont think him playing on our "second line" really matters. He will still get to play just as much as the twins. Kesler plays on the second line and plays considerably more than the twins.

I think you have the wrong conception of how this works.

Why would Parise want to sign here to play on our 2ND LINE???

He will want to be a first liner...

sorry but i dis-agree and what do the bruins have to do with this ( we will only play them twice next year - reg. season), i recall CORRECTLY torres completley disappeared against the bruins and booth is no where near as aggressive or gritty as raffe.

His most productive season was on the first line in FLA with Weiss and Horton (31G 29A). He needs 1st line opportunities to be worth the price tag because that's what the FLA GM signed him to do (same as Ballard, top3D$).

However, 20-25 goal a season at $4.25m/year is about what free agent singings have been around the last few years. Booth had 16G in 56 games. Hansen had 16G in 82 games. Raymond 10G in 55 games. Given how much primo time the 1st line gets, Booth's points per game numbers aren't bad.

Having said that, I would have preferred Samuelsson in the playoffs. He scored 7G against the Kings in the 2010 playoffs.

Even before the Canuck's got Booth. I always figured Booth would have been suited better with the Twins. I really don't think Kesler and Booth gels well at all. I'd hope Booth is put up the Twins line, and Burrows is able to find chemistry with Kesler. Would still rather the Canuck's try and get Brassard, if we were looking for a partner for Kesler. Booth + for Brassard please. If the rumors are true about Columbus trying to move Brassard, I'd desperately try to be involved. Columbus is where players go to die. Once Brassard is out of Columbus, he's going to be a star.

sorry but i dis-agree and what do the bruins have to do with this ( we will only play them twice next year - reg. season), i recall CORRECTLY torres completley disappeared against the bruins and booth is no where near as aggressive or gritty as raffe.

It's far too early to judge him. He played in a poorly performing line in a poorly performing team (results I know don't really reflect that.......but most people were not impressed, including me who always thought they had another gear.)

I think he needs to be beside a fully fit Kesler and a playmaking line mate for us to really judge him properly.

I would like to see him make more passes though and sharpen his defence a bit but I'm hopeful of that happening next season.

Edit

Can I add, I never liked his acquisition but I trust the judgement of the Canucks scouts/MG so I will be behind him, as long as he is in a Canucks jersey.

lets look at his season as a whole:

1. Coming to a new team is quite hard. Much harder to adapt the playing style than many will think. He did take his time to adapt to not only the Canucks style but the line he was put on as well.

2. He suffered an injury just as he was developing chemistry with linemates, and obviously after an injury it will take a bit of time to get the timing and feeling right.

3. Kesler had an off year as well. If the top player on your line is having an off year your production will not be as great. If Sedins had a terrible year would Burrows be able to put up 30-50PTS?

His price is a bit much for what we saw, however him and Kesler had flashes of developing chemistry. I would easily welcome him back. Kesler is going to want to come back next year with a big year, as a result Booth's production will increase as well. If Kesler and Booth do meet up in the summer like they said they would, then they should be able to come into next season knowing each other much better and as a result we will have a good second line.

Even before the Canuck's got Booth. I always figured Booth would have been suited better with the Twins. I really don't think Kesler and Booth gels well at all. I'd hope Booth is put up the Twins line, and Burrows is able to find chemistry with Kesler. Would still rather the Canuck's try and get Brassard, if we were looking for a partner for Kesler. Booth + for Brassard please. If the rumors are true about Columbus trying to move Brassard, I'd desperately try to be involved. Columbus is where players go to die. Once Brassard is out of Columbus, he's going to be a star.

It's far too early to judge him. He played in a poorly performing line in a poorly performing team (results I know don't really reflect that.......but most people were not impressed, including me who always thought they had another gear.)

I think he needs to be beside a fully fit Kesler and a playmaking line mate for us to really judge him properly.

I would like to see him make more passes though and sharpen his defence a bit but I'm hopeful of that happening next season.

Edit

Can I add, I never liked his acquisition but I trust the judgement of the Canucks scouts/MG so I will be behind him, as long as he is in a Canucks jersey.

Archived