The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth's Value..play Him Or Trade Him

6string

Because the Canucks were the best team in the NHL for the past two years.... are due for a cup next year.... plus it doesn't hurt that we have alot of Americans on our team (Booth, Kesler, HIggins, Schneider, Ballard, Alberts.... did i miss any?)

I know he had a injury and was playing pretty well before that, but man when he came back and in the playoffs he was definately not worth his salary. He's also not easy to like with his comments on twitter and holier than thou attitude. There's a place for religion but when it comes to hockey..........just play hockey and keep the religion to yourself !

Well since booth kesler and lets say higgins aren't passers. Trade booth straight up for a guy who can dish the puck.

Those 3 guys play a power and shooting type of game. So basically whichever has the puck of the three at the start of the play will end up trying to dangle the whole team giving you a 70/30 chance of giving it up or making a highlight reel chance.

If not booth, somebody needs to pass them the puck.

Well since booth kesler and lets say higgins aren't passers. Trade booth straight up for a guy who can dish the puck.

Those 3 guys play a power and shooting type of game. So basically whichever has the puck of the three at the start of the play will end up trying to dangle the whole team giving you a 70/30 chance of giving it up or making a highlight reel chance.

If not booth, somebody needs to pass them the puck.

well today made the booth situation more interesting as kesler will be out for an indefinite amount of time and hodgson is gone to start next season....

booth's chances of remaining look more positive, simply because the current coaching staff likes veterans and who the heck knows how they will fill a temporary hole.

Like it or not being traded in the middle of a season is unsettling and it is not so easy getting used to a new team moving family etc. all plays a role . He needs a full offseason to get settled. He has a ton of upside and I think he and Kassian will be much better next year after having the training staff help him with goal setting and preparation for next seasons training camp

There is nothing wrong with Booth. He can skate, hit and shoot. He is not afraid of the dirty area. The problem again is the coach. He is the motivator, and planer. He stuck with his plan and it stunk. The whole team was in a funk and the caoch had no answers.

I'd like to see if we could get Kane +pick for Booth and Raymond.

and then I would like to see us use one of the goalies + whatever to get Perry or someone like him for the Sedins.

Sedin Sedin Perry

Kane Kesler Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Burrows

Volpatti Pahlsson/Manny Hansen

If Kass isn't ready shove him down to 4 and push Burrows and Hansen up.

I would then use Ballard/Edler|+Tanev+ pick to get a big hard D.

There is nothing wrong with Booth. He can skate, hit and shoot. He is not afraid of the dirty area. The problem again is the coach. He is the motivator, and planer. He stuck with his plan and it stunk. The whole team was in a funk and the caoch had no answers.

do my math as i replied to earlier....he had 29 pts in 56 games...if you double the total of 56 games played ( 112 )....now double his point production to 112 games played , his total is 58 pts!

at this rate he would have 58 points in 112 games.

your expecting 63 - 70 pts in 82 games with 30 goals!...your expectations are lofty, i'm expecting he'll produce some 50 to 60 maximum pts if your lucky, but more likely high 40's to low 50's.

Yes, because you can clearly just take one shortened season and multiply it to figure out how good a player is and how well he will perform next year. Let's just forget about the mid-season injuries and trying to learn a new system, those things can't be mulitplied so therefore don't count.

You sir recieve my first ever posted :picard:

Next why don't you try the, "I'm right because I have more posts than you" argument... :rolleyes:

Archived