The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth's Value..play Him Or Trade Him

6string

there were mixed reviews on david booth's first season with the canucks, some fans will argue he's too expensive ( 4.5 mil...ufa 2015-16 ) and have seen enough and others feel he needs more time, another winger and remains a perfect fit for ryan kesler.

david registered 29 points ( 16 goals ) in 56 games, do we keep a guy with promise and hope or move him in a deal to address holes ( he'll vacate ) in the lineup?

personally i was disapointed with his inconsistent play and low production, yet i saw flashes for optimism, i would shop him in a multi-player deal because a one on one deal will yield much the same i'm afraid.

just wonderin'

post-91050-0-33471200-1336256383_thumb.g

post-91050-0-33471200-1336256383_thumb.g

there were mixed reviews on david booth's first season with the canucks, some fans will argue he's too expensive ( 4.5 mil...ufa 2015-16 ) and have seen enough and others feel he needs more time, another winger and remains a perfect fit for ryan kesler.

david registered 29 points ( 16 goals ) in 56 games, do we keep a guy with promise and hope or move him in a deal to address holes ( he'll vacate ) in the lineup?

personally i was disapointed with his inconsistent play and low production, yet i saw flashes for optimism, i would shop him in a multi-player deal because a one on one deal will yield much the same i'm afraid.

just wonderin'

I think the biggest problem with David Booth is that to me he looks like a one man wrecking crew. He just goes in full steam ahead and if he scores it looks awesome. He didn't really have a clue what to do with the Sedins and I think playing him on the top line was a huge mistake by AV because he had never tried him there. I would have put Lappy with the Sedins because he had success with them.

Having said that, Booth has to figure out how to play on a line. Is it Kesler's fault they didn't mesh? I don't think so. You can't do it all by yourself and in the PLAYOFF's it is worse. You have to use your linemates and play and pass. He doesn't. Can he? No idea, I didn't watch him enough when he was in Florida.

We are going to overpay if he is involved with the deal.  To deal a guy we just brought in not even a year ago isn't going to net us any return, remember we just did this with Sturm and we had to throw in Samuelson just to get Booth.  The value just won't be there so give Booth another season to find his place in our team, I thought Ballard made good strides this year in our defensive system and everybody thought he was useless and was trying to cap dump him.  While I agree Booth's salary might be high for his production 'this year' there are less useful players making more than their fair share that will be easier to move, remember if you don't want a guy you just traded for who else is gonna want to give up something valuable for him.

I just isn't feasible, just like moving Loui's contract may not be we we may have to keep both or deal Schneids.  It is more than just player x doesn't produce like player y for the same contact, it is a business and nobody wants your garbage so they will low ball you especially during the off-season when most people have time to wait you out.

I just gave you a plus one and that was a mistake. I meant to just reply to your post - about Schneids. We won't be trading him that's for certain. The Canucks made it quite clear in games 3, 4 and 5 who they thought was the BEST GOALIE to win with. By not playing Lou is telling Lou: We don't want you. End of subject.

I'd love to see what he can do if he uses his energy to drive to the front of the net while the Twins work around; no way he gets traded so early, if he fixes his hands he can be a bigger version of Burr

Twins - Booth

Higgins - Kes - (Sammy) (YES, I'd sign Samuelsson if they can't find another play making winger who can also score some, and that's what Sammy is :P both Higgins and Sammy can shoot or pass since Kes won't, and the whole line can play physically)

Of course I wouldn't mind

We need a true playmaking winger on that Line someone like Ray Whitney or Jakub Voracek

I know he had a injury and was playing pretty well before that, but man when he came back and in the playoffs he was definately not worth his salary. He's also not easy to like with his comments on twitter and holier than thou attitude. There's a place for religion but when it comes to hockey..........just play hockey and keep the religion to yourself !

His cap hit is 4.25, doesn't really fit with Kesler or the Sedins, his game without the puck is suspect. The Canucks have to many under performing cap hits and no more room to make roster adjustments they have to unload some of these players. Yeah lots of teams have bad cap hits but this team has was to many Ballard, Booth, Raymond, Malhotra (to no fault of his own but still) etc. it all adds up. When you compare these players with someone like Higgens for example they are all way overpaid.

Archived