The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Goal Horn Next Season

BobHo

First off, I'd like to thank DJ Dave for doing an amazing job this season with the music played between intermissions. I would also like to say that I loved both this year and last year's goal horn. This may be because of superstition, but do you think we need a new goal horn next year to start the season off? I love listening to goal horns when we score, and I wouldn't mind a change at all. Do you guys have any new suggestions for next year, or do you guys think we should stick to the same goal horn?

First off, I'd like to thank DJ Dave for doing an amazing job this season with the music played between intermissions. I would also like to say that I loved both this year and last year's goal horn. This may be because of superstition, but do you think we need a new goal horn next year to start the season off? I love listening to goal horns when we score, and I wouldn't mind a change at all. Do you guys have any new suggestions for next year, or do you guys think we should stick to the same goal horn?

Our horn is about the only thing that guy does right. Some of the music makes me want to slit my own throat off.. For example, playing rhianna before a crucial faceoff in the last minute of play!?!

Edit: Oh and OP, just be glad we don't have to listen to this bullf--k when we score:

John Ashbridge or Al Murdoch (whoever happens to be behind the PA mic that night) controls the goal horn. DJ Dave does the music after the horn goes off.

I like the horn as is. The goal song however needs to either be changed back to Holiday (it grew on me after too many good memories of it being played in the 2011 playoffs), or go with something other than the current song, or Chelsea Dagger.

Archived