The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Goal Horn Next Season

BobHo

How about some hockey type music to get the crowd pumped and into the game. Playing some dance techno teeny bopper crap isn't going to get the crowd involved.

Neither is some dance club "Make some Noise" chant, whats next? Dubstep at the games... :picard::sick:

Can't remember what crap he was playing when the Canucks were down in the third against the Kings, but everyone in the crowd was like wtf?

The goal horn isn't the issue. It's the goal song that's brutal. One of the worst in the league. The goal song is supposed to get the fans singing out load...and neither the current one nor Green Day last year do that. Heck, our goal song doesn't even have to be a real song...just something that gets people up and screaming.

Was listening to the Rangers goal song and I think it's great as it gets 20,000 fans up chanting at the same time...and that's the whole point of the goal song isn't it?

http://downloads.rangers.nhl.com/audio/RangersGoalSong.mp3

Our Ole mash-up we had a few years back was also good at getting fans up and just screaming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyQkzZnFd5w

Guest gumballthechewy

What about for goal songs the song "How You Like Me Now?" by The Heavy? Start it at the chorus when the guys belting out: HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!?

I set it up on NHL12 and it's funny as hell: (Bill Clement) He shoots he scores!!! (song starts) How you like me now? How you like me now? How you like me now? How you like me noooooooooowwwwww!!?

i think the goal horn changes this year. the horn aka ferry horn was used i think because of the sponsorship bc ferries had with CSE the past 2 years. they pulled out last year due to audits done and they needed to lessen the spending.

i would think CSE changes it, but then again, why mess with something good. that being said, goal song is bad

First off, I'd like to thank DJ Dave for doing an amazing job this season with the music played between intermissions. I would also like to say that I loved both this year and last year's goal horn. This may be because of superstition, but do you think we need a new goal horn next year to start the season off? I love listening to goal horns when we score, and I wouldn't mind a change at all. Do you guys have any new suggestions for next year, or do you guys think we should stick to the same goal horn?

Don't know why everyone whined so much over the Green Day horn.. I thoroughly enjoyed that goal song, definitely brings back some memories from last season..

However, Clutch is pretty good as well, I wouldn't mess with it now.

DJ Dave's play-list is crap though.. No wonder our crowd is never that pumped up.

You simply dont mess with tradition, which means U2 stays cause its the most unique intro in the NHL and one of the best in pro sports, 10 years strong

You cant mess with this, tell me this doesnt give you goosebumps and shivers

Archived