The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas Jensen

gdcanucks02

I am really looking forward to seeing Nicklas Jensen in training camp. If his short stint with the wolves (4 goals in 6 reg season games, 2 goals in 5 playoff games), then i think we have a really good offensive player on our hands. i think he needs to beef up a bit to fight his height but if he can put on some weight we have a great powerforward waiting for his chance. yes he does need to prove himself and only a very impressive training camp will result him being with the Canucks to start but I think we should try and find a top 6 forward to play with the sedins (perry?) and bring up jensen to replace raymond in the top 6. Hopeful line up:

Sedin-Sedin-Perry

Jensen-Kesler-Booth

Hansen-Phalsson-Higgins

Kassian-Lapierre-Bitz

Weise

Malhotra

Edler Tanev

Bieksa Hamhuis

Ballard Connauton

Rome

Schneider

Lack

Ok I totally forgot about burrows and thought Perry was a free agent (hence no trade proposal), so for the mean time Burrows in for Perry on the top line and maybe anaheim will want to replace Hiller so we could send lu to anaheim for perry and throw Burrows on the third and move Hansen down to the 4th and bitz/kassian in the press box.

We have too many awesome players!!!!!!

Honestly,I don't see the Vancouver organization pushing this kid too hard. Many times mistakes are made by rushing good, young prospects to the NHL (ie. Alexander Daigle). There is little doubt he is going to be a machine (quite possibly the steal of the draft) for the Canucks, but MG needs to make sure he's ready. I think they'll have a good look at him, but in the end they'll send him to Chicago for a season.

Archived