The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Need A Captain Like Shane Doan...

Doan's a free agent...

He brought it again tonight as usual...

Coyotes just don't have the talent to compete... Winning 2 series was great for them, but not enough for the next step.

I bet if the Canucks had Doan they'd have won the cup last season...

I remember when Doan played in the BCJHL and AHL before heading to WHL, he was a stand up player. Jerone Iginla is similar.

Henrik is an atheltic player, makes great plays, but yeah he's a softie and that hit he took from Brown(?) in that last game vs LA made me cringe.

Maybe in Van, but everywhere else in the world they are considered the biggest pussies ever to play the game because they won't stand up to anyone. And ya they take a lot and keep bouncing back, but so do punching dummies. Seriously, would it really hurt the team if during game 34 of the season they played like the Hanson brothers for a change? I say no. Imagine Saturday night against the Leafs and Hank goes into the corner and pastes Phaneuf with an elbow that breaks his nose and then spits on him while he's lying on the ice and in the meantime Danny grabs Kessel in a headlock and just pummels him.

I hate to say it, but the game is not going to change to suit the Sedin's, so the Sedin's need to change their game or go back to Sweden where there is more room to duck out of the way.

Guys, lets not overreact at things here. I think we can all agree that Doan has outperformed Henrik in these playoffs. Yes? Can we all agree that If Doan had the team Hank has, we have multiple cups? Maybe. It's hard to know. The fact of the matter is that the Sedins are skilled, VERY skilled. But they ARE SOFT. They are. Simple as that. Why is that they got ragged on in the SCF by Marchand? Marchand of all people. That guy is tiny as F***. Why is it that the rat Bolland got his way twice against us? Almost three. The Sedins are amazing in the regular season, when there's lots of open space, lots of time, lots of room to do anything. But in the playoffs, where it truly counts, they are struggling. Why? They don't have space, or time. Their passing isn't so easy all of a sudden. If not for Kesler, there wouldn't have been a round 3, sorry guys. Kesler is a physical bull, a determined work-a-holic. And for all the people saying trade him: LOL! No Kesler, NO CUP, and no advancing to the second round. Kesler was pretty beat up this year, so his production wasn't there. Who has to step in and fill that production? The Sedins. Yes, Danny was out, he came back, but we still couldn't win. Kesler can't do everything. He's also got PK duties to fill.

You mean the guy who was a -8 at the season's end while Henrik was at +23?

You mean the guy 99th overall regular season with 50 points to Henrik's 9th place 81 points?

You mean the guy nearly 5 years older than Hank?

Doan will likely be out next game. Then what?

You mean the guy who was a -8 at the season's end while Henrik was at +23?

You mean the guy 99th overall regular season with 50 points to Henrik's 9th place 81 points?

You mean the guy nearly 5 years older than Hank?

Doan will likely be out next game. Then what?

I remember when Doan played in the BCJHL and AHL before heading to WHL, he was a stand up player. Jerone Iginla is similar.

Henrik is an atheltic player, makes great plays, but yeah he's a softie and that hit he took from Brown(?) in that last game vs LA made me cringe.

Archived