The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Need A Captain Like Shane Doan...

Hits, fights, scores... That's what you want as a leader... Not some soft serve like we got... This guy is a leader....

He created that goal the other night blasting the defender off the puck and getting the pass and going to the net...

Would be nice to have someone like The Doaner as our captain.. You can tell this man wants it!

No question Doan is a great team leader but I always felt people put way to much credit into the captain. IMO the Coyotes are all Mike Smith. Smith sucked in Tampa because Lecavalier is a weak leader and is thriving now because Doan gives him the power he needs?

No question Doan is a great team leader but I always felt people put way to much credit into the captain. IMO the Coyotes are all Mike Smith. Smith sucked in Tampa because Lecavalier is a weak leader and is thriving now because Doan gives him the power he needs?

I live in AZ and have been going to games all season... Fyi.. Didn't just start going at the playoffs...

I've always rooted for the Canucks.... Got hooked on them w/ NHL93/94 Bure, Ronning, Linden, McClean... They were stacked and fast... They were my favorite team to use... I also hated the Rangers so I was rooting for them to win the cup that year... I've kept rooting or them ever since...

Of course goaltending makes a huge difference... When Bryz was here last year he was terrible in the playoffs.. If he was here this year the Coyotes probably get swept again first round, but the Flyers are loaded w/ talent and able to overcome his terrible play for the most part... Though it will catch up to them eventually....

Game 2 against Chicago, Doan blasted Keith off the puck behind the Hawks net and set up the guy coming down the slot for a goal.. It was an awesome play.

Speaking of Sedin's "fighting back", its really dumb.

When Sedins dont fight back, people will call on them: "WHY DIDNT YOU FIGHT BACK SEDINS??"

But when Sedins do retaliate, people STILL call on them: "Thats not the Sedin's game. They should go back to playing the way they play"

:picard:

Archived