The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Vancouver That Bad In Playoffs Or Was L.a Just Too Good

406281dylan

It is obvious that L.A has a unaffordable team for this season however all there stars are playing well. Maybe we were not that bad in playoffs because at least we won a game. i thought the Blues would kill them but they got wrecked I think al the Canucks need is a little fine tuning this offseason and we will win the cup next year. By the way i redid my video so check it out and post ur thoughts.

I knew this thread would pop up as soon as L.A swept the Blues...sigh.

It was a combination of both, but the Canucks were pretty terrible, and the Blues only seemed to turn it on in the last game.

L.A faced two teams which definetly were not playing up to their potential.

The Kings have proved that they are an excellent team

They knocked out the top 2 seeds

I still think if we had played like we could have with Danny in the line up for all the games, second line scoring, Edler playing like he can and powerplay clicking we would have won

Kings have their top guys going and are good defensinvely and of couse they have QUICK

So the Kings are good but the Canuck were also bad

Kings are a very strong and hard working team and their defense is unreal.

But the Canucks played like crap, and didn't get their pp or pk going. Game 1 we win if our pp can score late in the game. Game 2 we win if our pp didn't give up 2 shorthanded breaks that lead to goals.

We handed the Kings the first 2 games.

Guest Dasein

Correction: Quick* was too good

LOL nah, it's a team game, and their team came around at the right time. Quick did have a huge part though.

No reason to think that we shouldn't have come out on top in 7 game series if we had Daniel though...

Think about it - we threw games 1 and 2 with special teams crap. Game 3 we lost 1-0. Game 4 we actually won with Daniel back in the lineup. Game 5 we lost in OT... If we hadn't lost games 1 and 2 because we screwed ourselves over, we have a series. So it is a little bit of both: Vancouver screwed up and LA was really good and capitalized on it.

I think they're finally starting to play a lot more like the team they have on paper, and that can be largely credited to Darryl Sutter getting them to play a far better system and getting more out of his players. Looking at their roster in September they were destined to be a top-four seed but obviously that didn't happen. Now Drew Doughty is looking a lot more like what we saw 2009/10, Dustin Brown has been amazing, and even old Pancakes is looking like the player he is supposed to be. They're now peaking at the right time, whereas the Canucks peaked in January.

And of course they have a vezina-calibre goalie, but both the Canucks and Blues couldn't generate enough quality opportunities to even force him to play like one. Even though the stats would say he's been stealing games, he has never been forced to play lights out like he can because LA plays excellent defence.

The Canucks didn't play that well. I really believe that we would have won if the Canucks had played to their true potential

Archived