The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Feelings Towards La's Success

I'm not cheering for them, more a little angry that a team of prima donas and underachievers who coasted through the regular season get rewarded by deciding to start playing to their potential just when the playoffs started .....against the Canucks, who were down their leading scorer.

I don't know if I should feel good or frustrated about the fact that in 4 of the last 5 Stanley Cup playoffs, the Canucks have been beaten by the eventual Stanley Cup winners (if you include Boston). eeeeeeeeeeeeeeergh!

I don't think there's much you can say to diss the Kings. They're the hardest working team in the playoffs at the moment, their special teams are on fire, and Jonathan Quick is playing like the Vezina candidate he is. Don't get me wrong I'm choked that Vancouver lost in the first round but anybody who says that the Kings don't deserve to be doing as well as they are is speaking from a biased perspective. Call their playing style as boring and inferior as you want; the Canucks' system of scoring one goal and turtling to try and hang on to a 1-0 lead was lackluster given the amount of talent they have. I don't care who wins the Stanley Cup as long as they played hard to win it.

I'm not cheering for them, more a little angry that a team of prima donas and underachievers who coasted through the regular season get rewarded by deciding to start playing to their potential just when the playoffs started .....against the Canucks, who were down their leading scorer.

Give them credit for beating the number 1 and 2 seeds, but I agree that they didn't have much of a challenge from either of those teams.

Most of the Canucks didn't show up for that series, except for Schneider and the Sedins. And who really showed up for the Blues? Alot of no shows for them too.

If they actually face a team that's rolling in the next round like the Coyotes are, I think we`ll see a much different outcome.

LA is much like the HAWKS and the BRUINS... the last two cup winners, getting free passes to hack, slash, cross check, elbow at will...the Bettman school of NHL officiating is doing great. The year of the bottom feeders, teams who need butts in the seats are getting a payday down south.

I haven't seen very many pretty goals of late, let alone the goalie situation on some teams have been the worst I've seen in years. Nothing like hockey night in America, where forth line plugs who get 0 shots on goal in a period, goon it up and slow it down nightly..."BALLS".

LA is much like the HAWKS and the BRUINS... the last two cup winners, getting free passes to hack, slash, cross check, elbow at will...the Bettman school of NHL officiating is doing great. The year of the bottom feeders, teams who need butts in the seats are getting a payday down south.

I haven't seen very many pretty goals of late, let alone the goalie situation on some teams have been the worst I've seen in years. Nothing like hockey night in America, where forth line plugs who get 0 shots on goal in a period, goon it up and slow it down nightly..."BALLS".

I'm not holding a grudge against la.

There a west coast team and that means I'm going to cheer for them.

The western confrense finals could be Phoenix-la,two west coast teams!!!!!

I love keeping the eastern biase media stay up past there bed time.

Kings are looking good and I'm rooting for them because imagine Richards, Carter, Schenn, Simmonds going up against their former teams! Go Flyers and Kings! Kings are definitely killing it going 8-1 against the west's 2 top teams. And Imagine if they had Simon Gagne in their line up and not injured wow they'd be even more deadly! During our series people were complaining that we're losing because Daniel is out and yet Kings are able to win with Gagne out! We should have no excuses either.

I don't want LA to win.

Nothing to do with them beating us.

I just hate to see Doughty/Penner win a cup.

They're playing so well right now, and played like crap the entire season.

Just goes to show that if you peak at the right time you can win, even though you were mediocre the entire season.

LA is playing an all-out style. Much like Torts Lightning played vs Sutters Flames back in 2004. TB's motto that playoffs was "safe is death" All out forecheck and rely on your goalie to make the big saves and put constant pressure of the other team. They are good but they are playing a style that suits a team with the pieces that LA has. When you look at their forwards they are really "built for the playoffs" you don't see a lot of smallish players making nice passes etc. you see big guys chipping pucks attacking your players with high pressure and going straight to the net. Most teams are not set to deal with that. And when you do break the "full court press" it is still difficult to score especially with how good Quick has been.

I DUNNO THEY JUST FU**IN SWEEPES ST LOUIS TUNIT I CANT BELIVE IT I BET MY MONEY ON THEM FOR THE CUP.

I MEAN COME ON THEY TOOK OUT CANUCKS IN 5 GAMES, A PRESIDENTS WINNER TEAM IN 5 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN TEY SEEP THE SECOND SEED TEAM ST.LOIS CAN U BELIVE IT.

Archived