Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everybody Hates Raymond

Manny Malhotra's Return To Form

35 posts in this topic

Sadly, I think that eye injury really screwed Manny's career.

An athlete like Manny has been able to adapt to doing things different. That being said I fully agree that not only will Manny be able to benefit from a full off season but so too will the ret of the team. Manny recovered quickly and "got back on the horse". The Nucks season will show a renewed team and fan base as well. Go Nucks.

NUFF SAID

I love Manny as a person.. most classiest guy in the league.

But the injury has changed his game a bit... he doesnt fit anymore with the arrival of Pahlson.

Still Manny's a good influence on the guys. Cant say nothing but good about him!

Manny will be a lot better this coming season then last season having the full summer to train instead of rehabbing and to people who want kesler to get traded watch him be back to himself having the summer to train same with raymond !!

pffft. Pahlsson was a fail. Let him walk a UFA. Sign a new 4th line C and use Lapierre as 3

pffft. Pahlsson was a fail. Let him walk a UFA. Sign a new 4th line C and use Lapierre as 3

A friend of mine lost his eye in a motocross accident. It took him 1-2 yrs to train his remaining eye to adjust, and now he's back playing hockey, riding bikes and everything else he did prior to the injury. Obviously Manny didn't lose his eye, but he lost a % of his vision. After the SCF last yr, he had further surgery and no training camp - thus had no time to train. I think with 6 full months to recover and train - he'll be fine. Maybe not 100%, but pretty close to it. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

The question is if it's all the eye, or if the lack of off-season training is what really took a toll on him.

Not expecting a full-form recovery, but perhaps his career is salvageable with a longer, proper summer. Cheers.

TOML

Explain to me how he failed us? He was a 3rd line centre.

Only reason he wasn't used more, is because we needed goals, which we struggled to get.

He looked good during the end of the season and the playoffs. Give him a shot for about the first 15-25 games next season.

Manny is going to come back great next season! :towel: GO MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

CH9

In the playoffs he didn't win us that many faceoffs

Godd summary, here here & also good luck Manny!

The question is if it's all the eye, or if the lack of off-season training is what really took a toll on him.

Not expecting a full-form recovery, but perhaps his career is salvageable with a longer, proper summer. Cheers.

TOML

To some extent I think his eye has screwed up his career, and being at his age, I think next year might be his last year, unless he has a good season. But if not, I blame it on the eye. No training camp or not, he was god awful. Kesler has an excuse, that his hip is not 100%.